Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Good.

I echo this too as I have been bored since Dunfermline game, apart from one Scottish Derby in the Pro 14 lol (enough said bout that lol). 

Oh and to the c**t that said that he hopes SG gets Coronavirus, that is fucking out of order!!! Nobody should wish for that even on their worst enemy!!! I'm not his biggest fan (mainly because he's not rich lol and because he's making us the most hated club in Scotland) but I would NEVER wish Coronavirus on him!!! 

If this is the pish that gets spouted on here then I'm going to get the forum banned!! 

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

No it mustn't be 'up for reconsideration': there is no evidence to support that claim. The SG is not losing sleep at night over whether Championship football fans are still getting a stream next week: so long as the institutions survive the pandemic, that's their job done when it comes to government intervention before May's election. Nobody at government level is forcing the SPFL to continue playing. 

Once you remove this claim that money would be recouped/withheld from the grant then the equation is the same as last summer, only with near 100% certainty that there'll be no fans inside the ground. Furlough support is another key argument in favour of binning the campaign. It makes no sense for GMFC or any similar club to take grant money that has been needed to keep the lights on and spend it on testing and player wages, in exchange for what? The £14 a pop streams aren't delivering break-even now per match and certainly won't do so when it gets to dead rubber time in April. 

Did they dole out grants in the spring/summer or even September when the furlough was on?

As for ‘evidence’, I’m not stating facts, I’m giving a view. You told me a few months back there was no way on God’s earth the SG would provide direct financial support, without evidence; I said - also without evidence - there would either be fans back, or grants...

Let’s just get on with it...

2 minutes ago, Caley Shaun said:

Oh and to the c**t that said that he hopes SG gets Coronavirus, that is fucking out of order!!!

Well, at least we're agreed on the league continuing I suppose.

3 minutes ago, Caley Shaun said:

I echo this too

3zPA0DqN.jpg.c140bde408de163463ad21ab9e19e929.jpg

5 minutes ago, Caley Shaun said:

I echo this too as I have been bored since Dunfermline game, apart from one Scottish Derby in the Pro 14 lol (enough said bout that lol). 

Oh and to the c**t that said that he hopes SG gets Coronavirus, that is fucking out of order!!! Nobody should wish for that even on their worst enemy!!! I'm not his biggest fan (mainly because he's not rich lol and because he's making us the most hated club in Scotland) but I would NEVER wish Coronavirus on him!!! 

If this is the pish that gets spouted on here then I'm going to get the forum banned!! 

👏👏👏 respect from a coronavirus fan

No1 should go to work at a footbal match and cum home with a coff 

12 minutes ago, Caley Shaun said:

If you cough up any more semi-literate Facebook Maw  pish the only thing getting banned will be you.

Jesus f**k that was eye-rape. 

Not sure why anyone wants null and void.
Clubs would surely be liable for season ticket refunds and no prize or TV money would be due. With the huge losses every club is facing, might it be enough to finish some off?
Why would anyone push for that?
For Ann Budge to find another £4 million donor?

15 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

‘Part-time clubs’ was merely a collective description. I should have just said ‘Alloa and Arbroath’; or ‘the clubs at the bottom’.

The point remains.

Genuinely glad to hear you’d rather continue; hope the Arbroath chairman, for example, shares your view.

So, if I get you right, you are accusing the AFC board of short-term self-interest, without the slightest bit of evidence to support this view? That's a bit of a stretch, as the Lichties will survive, no matter whether they are a foot-of-the-table Championship side, or whether they are in L1 or L2. However, some full-time current Championship sides might not survive a relegation...

It must be nice to know that the Morton chairman's view would always be in the interest of sporting integrity and would never depend on the club's current league position...

Word salad.

17 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

So, if I get you right, you are accusing the AFC board of short-term self-interest, without the slightest bit of evidence to support this view? That's a bit of a stretch, as the Lichties will survive, no matter whether they are a foot-of-the-table Championship side, or whether they are in L1 or L2. However, some full-time current Championship sides might not survive a relegation...

It must be nice to know that the Morton chairman's view would always be in the interest of sporting integrity and would never depend on the club's current league position...

Wind it in. Every club will act in self interest 

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

Wind it in. Every club will act in self interest 

Really? According to the Morton fan, it will only be the part-time clubs who are currently 9th & 10th in the Championship. 

It's the full-time clubs that have the best interests of Scottish football at heart.