Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Well, you'll have to hope the season doesn't get null and voided as what's being discussed just now.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-doncaster-refuses-rule-out-23321731
Well, not really. He's merely said that if the league can't be finished it will be like last season and be up to the clubs to vote for what happens.

Robbo making good points / moaning (depending on your POV) about the Championship continuing merely to satisfy broadcasting contracts.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/caley-thistle-manager-fears-sfa-priority-is-television-rather-than-virus-concerns-224838/
I dont understand what people in football mean when they trot out that "guinea pig" line. Didn't understand it when it was being banned about ahead of the restart down south last June and I dont understand it now.

Charlie Adam saying that Robbie Neilson was quoted as saying that they're testing 50 people at Hearts and it'll cost them £40k between now and the end of the season. Considering the amount we got from the grant, it's ridiculous to see why we can't keep going.

John Robertson is making a slightly different point but he's always been a greeting puss and I'm sure part of that is that they're not doing too well this season.

52 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Charlie Adam saying that Robbie Neilson was quoted as saying that they're testing 50 people at Hearts and it'll cost them £40k between now and the end of the season. Considering the amount we got from the grant, it's ridiculous to see why we can't keep going.

Charlie Adam had better stick to raking 40 yard balls to feet rather than arithmetic. It's clear which one he's better at!

50 x £75 x 15 weeks = £56,250. And that's assuming your season finishes at the end of April and doesn't have to run on or involve playoffs. Probably nearer £65k if that's really how many they are testing. That's an excessive number to be testing though. They are clearly testing their reserve squad etc at that.

8 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

In summary, man complains that none of the questions he submitted were answered. While admitting he submitted no questions through the directed channels?

Bit harsh.  I realise that a Zoom call with 50 attendees will be a nightmare, so asking for questions in advance makes sense.  However, I'm not convinced that reading out an official response with no scope for discussion or challenge is great governance.  Presumably other SPFL have been conducted by  Zoom where some discussion was allowed.  

14 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Charlie Adam had better stick to raking 40 yard balls to feet rather than arithmetic. It's clear which one he's better at!

50 x £75 x 15 weeks = £56,250. And that's assuming your season finishes at the end of April and doesn't have to run on or involve playoffs. Probably nearer £65k if that's really how many they are testing. That's an excessive number to be testing though. They are clearly testing their reserve squad etc at that.

To be fair, Adam was quoting Neilson.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55665247https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55665247

38 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Charlie Adam had better stick to raking 40 yard balls to feet rather than arithmetic. Robbie Neilson had better stick to throwing the ball in like a corner kick from the halfway line rather than arithmetic. It's clear which one he's better at!

22 minutes ago, Flash said:

Fixed my quote then.

Just now, bairn88 said:

Your clubs have all just been handed 500 thousand pounds and one (or more) want it stopped? What an embarrassing state Scottish football is in. 

Who? Who wants it stopped? Name these clubs.

How does that work then? Obviously all football is under the auspices of the SFA and they could tell the Spfl it's aff but what's the mechanism for making that decision 

ETA i don't mean how SFA make decision but how they assess consent? I'm sure 6 clubs would be happy to take 500k and go again

Edited by invergowrie arab