Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Sorry, I should have read through all 503 pages to make sure I didn't repeat something someone else said.  Thanks for keeping me right and pointing it out, hope I didn't ruin your evening with that atrocity. 

Tim is stunned by the stupidity : martinfreeman

It was 5 pages back and the grants were only announced less than a month ago, so a bit of an exaggeration to say you’d need to read 503 pages. 
I was only trying to help answer your point and one you have made on other threads about directors taking the money out. No need to get all arsey about it.

The 500k should have been means tested, meaning clubs could claim "up to" 500k in the championship so that clubs were compensated for business losses due to fans not being allowed in. rather than having clubs registering a profit for this year after an unexpected 500k windfall or going out and signing a jobber for £250k and paying him 5k a week. 
Ultimately,  no club should be in a situation where they have lost a penny due to Covid, But they can't excuse financial mismanagement by taking public money. 
The other hand clubs who have been mismanaged for several years shouldn't also be allowed to benefit due to bad management..

Charlie Adam confirming on that PLZ podcast that he does that our team were all tested today and that we went into the season expecting it to be a weekly thing in the Championship so are already equipped to do so with ease.

2 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

With 80% furlough still (apparently) available, we might be getting pretty close to the point where L1 and L2 are called (with Partick, obvs, making principled arguments in favour of null and void).

😂😂😂

12 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Dumbcaster asking for emailed questions before the SPFL zoom meeting according to Ewan Murray. 

400k a year & unable to answer on the hop. 

Isn't that a good thing, trying to prepare? As long as follow up questions are allowed when he has answered.

1 hour ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Dumbcaster asking for emailed questions before the SPFL zoom meeting according to Ewan Murray. 

400k a year & unable to answer on the hop. 

Have you any idea how much of a debacle a Zoom meeting with (at least) 44 people in it would be? I've done Zoom meeting with about 8 people in it that are a complete rabble with people talking over one another. I would have thought it made sense to try to get questions in advance so there was clarity of the question.

16 hours ago, Snafu said:

Why would we be expected to given the huge difference in wages?

It's almost as bad as when the Rangers were lording it up in the 4th tier.

Alloa Dundee & Dunfermline would disagree, as we would when only recently we took the most expensive team to within a whisker of winning the Scottish cup. 

Edited by Gorgie greatness