Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Just now, ICTChris said:

The NBA ran their end of season play offs by bubbling all the teams in Disneyland.  Where should Scottish Championship teams be bubbled to finish our season?

Does Saint Kilda have a football pitch?

There may be a lot of flaws in this thinking, but my initial reaction is that the leagues have a decent chance of finishing. Championship clubs have been given huge grants which will enable testing and fixtures will continue, mostly, for now. It may be that late March/April/May is very busy, with midweek/weekend fixtures running for that entire time. 

That 'cramming' in is also the strategy that will be needed for further down,. Spring will bring reductions in transmissions and vaccinations will be well under way, especially of the most vulnerable. But there will be a much greater backlog so it may be very difficult. 

ETA: for L1 and L2. If starting on Tuesday 23rd of March you have 10 midweeks and 10 Saturdays. 20 'match days'. This means that completing the season is just about doable (1 leg play offs required - neutral venue or coin toss). If there are further postponements it would mean a few Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday weeks of fixtures. Not ideal, but it would be games replacing training sessions. But it would allow that season to. 

One spanner in the works is the SC. Either scrap it or (obscenely unfair I know), remove teams below the Championship if, by a certain date - say March 1st, football is still suspended below the Championship. That will allow those teams to concentrate on finishing the league and unlock the prize money and prevent all the fuckaboutery of last season. 

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

41 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The NBA ran their end of season play offs by bubbling all the teams in Disneyland.  Where should Scottish Championship teams be bubbled to finish our season?

Clearly M&D's by their logic. That is a tremendous idea 😂

We should just run a world cup style competition for however many weeks. Two broadcasted games a day. I'd sign up for that!

Extend the top flight to 14 teams: us and Hearts promoted. Mason Verger will be happy with her team back in the top flight and the Pars thread won't implode when we inevitably get cuffed by Dundee in the play-off semi-final. 

Even if they looked at league reconstruction, which they won't, would there be a change to the Premiership? Sky need the 4 bigot-fests a season. Unsure how that would work with any more than 12 teams in the league. 

I don't think the Championship will be suspended. Think it will finish as expected. Some games might have to be rearranged but for the most part I think it will run as scheduled.

Get reconstruction talks to f**k just now. 

Not sure why everyone is worrying.
Before the season started it was obvious to everyone that there was a decent chance we wouldn’t be able to complete the season.

There’s no way the powers-that-be will have been negligent enough to allow the season to start without clearly defined contingencies for what to do if the season was stopped at various points.

Is there. Is there? What?

fwiw, I am one of the few lucky people allowed to attend games at the moment due to my job. Whilst the checks before entering the ground make sense and we are all ordered to wear masks at all times, the amount of people in the stands who pull theirs down as soon as they sit down, wear it incorrectly or just don't bother wearing one at all has always surprised me. 

Note that I tend to be at the part-time teams. No idea if mask wearing is more strict for FT clubs.

3 minutes ago, BobLatchford said:

fwiw, I am one of the few lucky people allowed to attend games at the moment due to my job. Whilst the checks before entering the ground make sense and we are all ordered to wear masks at all times, the amount of people in the stands who pull theirs down as soon as they sit down, wear it incorrectly or just don't bother wearing one at all has always surprised me. 

Note that I tend to be at the part-time teams. No idea if mask wearing is more strict for FT clubs.

Given that tends to be in stands in an outdoor environment it's extremely unlikely to be terribly relevant as long as a reasonable degree of social distancing is being used. It's certainly safer than inside supermarkets. It's not really much different to people walking in parks not wearing masks.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Given that tends to be in stands in an outdoor environment it's extremely unlikely to be terribly relevant as long as a reasonable degree of social distancing is being used. It's certainly safer than inside supermarkets. It's not really much different to people walking in parks not wearing masks.
Nice to see you are alive and well!

10 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Not sure why everyone is worrying.
Before the season started it was obvious to everyone that there was a decent chance we wouldn’t be able to complete the season.

There’s no way the powers-that-be will have been negligent enough to allow the season to start without clearly defined contingencies for what to do if the season was stopped at various points.

Is there. Is there? What?

'The powers-that-be' can't make those do decisions.

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I don't think the Championship will be suspended. Think it will finish as expected. Some games might have to be rearranged but for the most part I think it will run as scheduled.

Get reconstruction talks to f**k just now. 

This is pretty much my thoughts. As long as all championship clubs agree to regular testing I see no reason why this season can’t be played to a conclusion and promotion/relegation from the premiership done.

The main issue is obviously how promotion/relegation will work from the lower leagues if their season(s) are unable to be completed. Null and Void from league 1 down or league reconstruction being the main two soloutions. 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No we don't, you've made that up.

We tested players at the start of the season I just assumed it continued or have I made that up as well .

You not on the Queens site as much now since the George Galloway problem or have I made that up as well 

30 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I see you've jumped out your rabbit hole after a certain furore died down.