Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Are the players walking right off the pitch and in to their cars?

Thought they were going back to where they got changed for the game for post match team talk. If so then surely that's a warm enough environment to towel off and quickly change.

At some grounds they get a dressing room (not very many grounds it has to be said, Palmerston is one though).

At some grounds they will get a hospitality suite to change in. (Morton, Ayr to name two)

At some grounds they are expected to arrive and leave in their football gear and leave their stuff in a concourse under the stand (Dumbarton, Airdrie to name at least two).

From what I can gather very few away clubs will get to change in a dressing room. Most will probably get either option 2, a hospitality suite, or option 3, no changing facilities at all.

23 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

What's the rule with Morton just banging them on YouTube free for all?

It's not allowed. Obviously. Whether a blind eye will be turned, they'll get a rap on the knuckles and told not to do it again or whether full action will be taken I've no idea. Personally I think it was the lesser of two evils but no idea what the SPFL will think if they are even aware of it.

13 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It's not allowed. Obviously. Whether a blind eye will be turned, they'll get a rap on the knuckles and told not to do it again or whether full action will be taken I've no idea. Personally I think it was the lesser of two evils but no idea what the SPFL will think if they are even aware of it.

Aye, interested to know the outcome of that and how splitting the gate receipts work with regards to issuing refunds, and also streaming to 3000+ for free.

Morton should be made give QOS their cut of a ticket price for each of those viewers.

If I was QOS, i would have been on to the SPFL today to see what they are due.

Morton tagged @spfl on Twitter when they announced it was on YouTube. Whether they sought permission or were just too stupid to realise it wasn't allowed,  likely the latter known Morton.

Edited by Jamie_M

Man City's owner is pushing for B teams in the EFL. We tend to follow... If that were to happen in English football it'd only be a matter of time.

I reckon the threat of financial support and B teams or nothing from some of the big English clubs will see it happen.

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Man City's owner is pushing for B teams in the EFL. We tend to follow... If that were to happen in English football it'd only be a matter of time.

I reckon the threat of financial support and B teams or nothing from some of the big English clubs will see it happen.

Yeah, given the EFL is looking for a bailout from the EPL I think you aren't far off that the bigger clubs have the leverage to force it through.

At least up here the Premiership couldn't bail out the rest of us so they don't have that same leverage. That being said we do like to copy the english leagues so maybe in 2/3 seasons they'll attempt it here.

Edited by Trogdor

56 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

What's the rule with Morton just banging them on YouTube free for all?

31 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not sure if it'll be treated the same, but if you post clips from a SPFL game on Twitter without their permission they're known to threaten you with legal action unless you take it down.

6 hours ago, Flash said:

It is a pity the fans can’t decide on whether they get hot or cold. 

Could be a marketing trick here.  Season ticket holders get a vote.  Other fans pay to vote.  The top player gets first shotty at the hot water and his own soap, the next 6 get hot water, the next 3 get warm water and the rest get cold water or can towel off without a shower. 

There is also an option to vote for which player is forced to take a long cold shower (the scapegoat).  Fans who are registered can send votes for and against the candidates for the scapegoat.  The hope is that as with reality Tv we get multiple voters generating revenue. 

10 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Could be a marketing trick here.  Season ticket holders get a vote.  Other fans pay to vote.  The top player gets first shotty at the hot water and his own soap, the next 6 get hot water, the next 3 get warm water and the rest get cold water or can towel off without a shower. 

There is also an option to vote for which player is forced to take a long cold shower (the scapegoat).  Fans who are registered can send votes for and against the candidates for the scapegoat.  The hope is that as with reality Tv we get multiple voters generating revenue. 

Sold.

14 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

If that was allowed last season Paton and Kidd would be suffering constant hypothermia. Would we be allowed include the management team in the cold shower votes?

726 fans watched the Brora vs Dundee game (It had a section telling you how many people were watching). I assume that a couple of them didn't pay but at approximately £10 (It was £8 then raised to £9.60 to include VAT) that's a decent amount made for Brora. I wonder if that's more than they'd have made had it been shown under normal conditions. Obviously won't be the case for a lot of teams, but I reckon Brora done well out of today.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

726 fans watched the Brora vs Dundee game (It had a section telling you how many people were watching). I assume that a couple of them didn't pay but at approximately £10 (It was £8 then raised to £9.60 to include VAT) that's a decent amount made for Brora. I wonder if that's more than they'd have made had it been shown under normal conditions. Obviously won't be the case for a lot of teams, but I reckon Brora done well out of today.

So they gross 720 x £8 = £5,760 of which they keep 57.5%. Roughly £3,300.

Cant believe thats anywhere near what the would have got in normal circs. There would have been more than 700 there surely and they would have been paying more than £10.

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

So they gross 720 x £8 = £5,760 of which they keep 57.5%. Roughly £3,300.

Cant believe thats anywhere near what the would have got in normal circs. There would have been more than 700 there surely and they would have been paying more than £10.

You went straight in at the low end - I'd bet the majority paid the £9.60. (I paid £10.77 since it was through paypal). 

Going from a club update they posted in April - their average attendance is under 200 and of that 200, 60% of it were concessions.

The closest equivalent I can find to a similar positioned club is their replay vs Morton which attracted 497 paying fans at £12 a pop which would have had considerably more outgoings than yesterday's event.

As I say, it's certainly not a money spinner but some will be doing not too badly if those sorts of numbers could continue.

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

You went straight in at the low end - I'd bet the majority paid the £9.60. (I paid £10.77 since it was through paypal). 

Going from a club update they posted in April - their average attendance is under 200 and of that 200, 60% of it were concessions.

The closest equivalent I can find to a similar positioned club is their replay vs Morton which attracted 497 paying fans at £12 a pop which would have had considerably more outgoings than yesterday's event.

As I say, it's certainly not a money spinner but some will be doing not too badly if those sorts of numbers could continue.

If the £9.60 includes VAT, the club only gets £8. 

Agree with your main point, though.

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Vat and paypal fees are irrelevant here. Thats not money the club gets. Are you saying that some people paid less? If so vat still applies so the club take would be even lower. 

I imagine a visit from Dundee would be well above an 'average' crowd, bothe due to being a bigger name and likely a three figure travelling support. Costs would be a bit higher due to stewarding obviously but I doubt they are better off by streaming. They probably arent much worse off either though. 

A low supported, extreme distance, club is going to be an outlier though. 

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Vat and paypal fees are irrelevant here. Thats not money the club gets. Are you saying that some people paid less? If so vat still applies so the club take would be even lower. 

I imagine a visit from Dundee would be well above an 'average' crowd, bothe due to being a bigger name and likely a three figure travelling support. Costs would be a bit higher due to stewarding obviously but I doubt they are better off by streaming. They probably arent much worse off either though. 

A low supported, extreme distance, club is going to be an outlier though. 

Brora charged 2 separate prices. Originally it was £8 but they changed website and changed the price midweek.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Brora charged 2 separate prices. Originally it was £8 but they changed website and changed the price midweek.

Bizarre, but in that case their early take was only £6.67 per person. And an away buying support from Dundee wont be typical either obviously. In 99% of cases streaming income will be below actual gate receipts, well below it in most cases. We probably took about 50-60% of what a home game v St Mirren would normally bring yesterday and thats more than I expected to be fair.

Edited by Skyline Drifter