Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

3 hours ago, BIGdavieT said:

I don’t watch Scottish Premier League at all but the general consensus in England is that the quality of play has improved with no fans.

I would agree on purely that front but it would still be way better with the crowds back.

Hmmm, much of the defending in the English Premier League, especially in the weekend just passed, was certainly not an improved standard.

On 08/09/2020 at 13:25, virginton said:

My doubts have little to do with the camera equipment itself but rather how the footage will be broadcast to a larger number of subscribers than some Under 18s game and with clubs that have a mixed level of competence in ensuring that their websites can cope with demand. Specifically, I wouldn't trust GMFC to run a whelk stall never mind host live streaming without the website predictably crashing five minutes into the game.

Didn't even make it until kick-off time!

Meanwhile, in other clowncar developments, we already have 3-0 walkovers being awarded on the grounds of teams needing to self-isolate, thus completely undermining the integrity of the competition before it has even started.

MRW I see the Seinfeld-leaving-the-theater gif... AGAIN. - GIF on Imgur

2 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

John Robertson not happy, and makes some reasonable points IMHO.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54425686

Nah.

Just stick some towels in the car. That's how players would dry themselves after a shower anyway. Fire on the heating and they'll be fine.

Professor Robertson has understandable concerns but his hysterical approach doesn't help anyone.

36 minutes ago, virginton said:

Didn't even make it until kick-off time!

Meanwhile, in other clowncar developments, we already have 3-0 walkovers being awarded on the grounds of teams needing to self-isolate, thus completely undermining the integrity of the competition before it has even started.

MRW I see the Seinfeld-leaving-the-theater gif... AGAIN. - GIF on Imgur

Streams down all over it seems, or rather if folk weren't logged in and watching a stream since about 19.00 then they aren't getting to see anything. Seems like the capacity of these websites is about 27 people.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Streams down all over it seems, or rather if folk weren't logged in and watching a stream since about 19.00 then they aren't getting to see anything. Seems like the capacity of these websites is about 27 people.

:lol:

27. Morton's bandwidth wouldn't dream of 27.

Nah.
Just stick some towels in the car. That's how players would dry themselves after a shower anyway. Fire on the heating and they'll be fine.
Professor Robertson has understandable concerns but his hysterical approach doesn't help anyone.

I don’t agree, I think he has a point and alternative solutions should be looked at.

32 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I don’t agree, I think he has a point and alternative solutions should be looked at.

Like what? I don't really see this as a huge issue. It's not ideal and obviously not preferable, but it's a small thing that is easily managed.

44 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Like what? I don't really see this as a huge issue. It's not ideal and obviously not preferable, but it's a small thing that is easily managed.

It's not a massive issue in September when the rule was made. It's only going to get worse though, particuarly for the likes of ICT and Elgin and those visiting them. Both play on grass too.

If protocol is that it is unsafe to shower then it should be unsafe everywhere. Premiership clubs are allowed to do it if they deem it safe due to the partially spurious argument that their facilities are better and of course they are testing. I've been in most of the Premiership facilities and a lot of the lower league ones. It's not really a fair generalisation. The SFA have performed a Covid compliance audit on every ground before it was allowed to host a game. They could have made whether the shower area was appropriate a decision point in that audit (I accept they wouldn't all be and the further down you go the likely worse they'd be) but they didn't, they just made a rule that outside the Premiership there are no showers and inside it they can at club discretion. There are some Premiership clubs not allowing it I believe. I've not been in the new dressing rooms at Hearts since they rebuilt but I'm pretty confident they will be state of the art and probably massively spacious. Wouldn't say ours are massively spacious but both clubs have access to two dressing rooms each and the shower areas are all new systems, installed in the last 5 years. It should be usable (albeit with a 3G pitch players aren't getting muddy on ours anyway).

I think they'll have to revisit the shower ruling shortly. Even if they end up having to stagger the numbers using it somehow. The issue is apparently the steam from them, not the water / drainage so I don't know if it might be possible even in some grounds to instal something partially outdoors / very ventilated.

It's not a massive issue in September when the rule was made. It's only going to get worse though, particuarly for the likes of ICT and Elgin and those visiting them. Both play on grass too.
If protocol is that it is unsafe to shower then it should be unsafe everywhere. Premiership clubs are allowed to do it if they deem it safe due to the partially spurious argument that their facilities are better and of course they are testing. I've been in most of the Premiership facilities and a lot of the lower league ones. It's not really a fair generalisation. The SFA have performed a Covid compliance audit on every ground before it was allowed to host a game. They could have made whether the shower area was appropriate a decision point in that audit (I accept they wouldn't all be and the further down you go the likely worse they'd be) but they didn't, they just made a rule that outside the Premiership there are no showers and inside it they can at club discretion. There are some Premiership clubs not allowing it I believe. I've not been in the new dressing rooms at Hearts since they rebuilt but I'm pretty confident they will be state of the art and probably massively spacious. Wouldn't say ours are massively spacious but both clubs have access to two dressing rooms each and the shower areas are all new systems, installed in the last 5 years. It should be usable (albeit with a 3G pitch players aren't getting muddy on ours anyway).
I think they'll have to revisit the shower ruling shortly. Even if they end up having to stagger the numbers using it somehow. The issue is apparently the steam from them, not the water / drainage so I don't know if it might be possible even in some grounds to instal something partially outdoors / very ventilated.

A sensible post, rather than the rules is rules nonsense. It needs to be looked and alternative suggestions considered.

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

If the issue is the steam, they could use cold water.

2 minutes ago, Flash said:

If the issue is the steam, they could use cold water.

Our defence is already shrinking from challenges...more shrinkage is not an answer. But, then again, there’s a decent number of venues whose “impression” of hot water couldn't even steam at the North Pole.

Today's post-mortem:  dinnae ken

image.png.c36a12b096070bcba1432774a07868c7.png

Will be interesting to see how the Brechin v Dundee Utd stream holds up this evening as we also use Pixellot and I would imagine that there will be quite a few United fans attempting to log on.

46 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It has been discussed. It may be an option, though the prospect of a cold water shower in a Scottish Winter probably isn't any more attractive than the mud to be honest.

It is a pity the fans can’t decide on whether they get hot or cold. 

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It has been discussed. It may be an option, though the prospect of a cold water shower in a Scottish Winter probably isn't any more attractive than the mud to be honest.

I sense a marketing opportunity for extra long, plastic snuggies...just have the players don them in the car park and do a seaside change? A warm-up suit to change into will keep the mud squishing around all the way home, and plastic covers for the seats...

In all honesty, sooner or later there will be a truly wet and cold game and an adverse consequence for an away player traveling home wet and cold.

image.jpeg

Are the players walking right off the pitch and in to their cars?

Thought they were going back to where they got changed for the game for post match team talk. If so then surely that's a warm enough environment to towel off and quickly change.