Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

9 minutes ago, RiG said:

Does any one know what teams in the Championship have returned to training to date?

I just assumed they probably all had?

We returned on Monday. Hearts are clearly training and have been for weeks. I'm sure Ayr and Raith Rovers had to postpone their return due to the week delay the Scottish Govt inserted so presumably they also returned this week. I noticed Falkirk were back albeit I appreciate they aren't in the Championship. I've spoken to a couple of lower division part time teams this week who are both going back next week.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Cheers guys. Reason I ask is I think ICT have still yet to restart so it seems we are going to be later in returning to training compared to others. 

1 minute ago, RiG said:

Cheers guys. Reason I ask is I think ICT have still yet to restart so it seems we are going to be later in returning to training compared to others. 

You could return the day before the opening Betfred game and field your tea lady at left back and someone who knocked on the door and asked for a game in central midfield and John Robertson would STILL have you playing at a level previously thought impossible, sit inside the top four and St Johnstone or Ross County would come in and buy the tea lady in January!

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You could return the day before the opening Betfred game and field your tea lady at left back and someone who knocked on the door and asked for a game in central midfield and John Robertson would STILL have you playing at a level previously thought impossible, sit inside the top four and St Johnstone or Ross County would come in and buy the tea lady in January!

:lol:

Replace "tea lady" with Danny Devine and I think that's quite a likely scenario.

I'm sure that coaches will want as much time with their squad as possible but it wasn't strictly necessary to restart training this week: we'd normally have four weeks at a push before the Betfred Cup starts and not many players to work with as well. I'm certainly not going to buy any excuses from Hopkin then about our team needing more time to gel when this campaign starts - they should be fitter and well organised from the first game, even if the quality is not up to much.

13 hours ago, craigkillie said:

So you're saying Greenock Morton shouldn't plan for the costs of testing, just in case the rules change and they don't actually have to do it? Seems like a sound business model to me.

Nope. Instead you make your plans based upon the current rules and regulations, with provisions made for reasonably anticipated changes in either direction. Ideally, you budget based upon the current provisions and get (financially) lucky that things improve earlier than anticipated. That’s why the teams have to take a careful look at when they will begin playing friendlies and such, because that’s the current trigger.

If testing will cost £2,500 per week, the team has to assess the cost benefit of starting playing against other teams versus just practicing internally and saving that per week. Assuming the £2,500 per week is a fair average cost, the gifted funds will cover 20 weeks of testing, which leaves the BoD of the team to assess when to start that clock.

:huh:

Unsurprisingly it's just a case of him being thick. Lower league clubs don't have to do testing right now while they are just training, but if they play any matches against anyone (top flight or otherwise) then they have to start testing. The hope is that this might change by the time games actually start back up, but that's not guaranteed.

Unsurprisingly it's just a case of him being thick. Lower league clubs don't have to do testing right now while they are just training, but if they play any matches against anyone (top flight or otherwise) then they have to start testing. The hope is that this might change by the time games actually start back up, but that's not guaranteed.
Kevin Kyle in being a thicko shocker, is there nothing 2020 won't destroy.

20 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

League 1 clubs apparently had a zoom meeting yesterday with the SFA about fans returning to grounds. Have championship clubs had a similar meeting ?

Good to hear they’re at least being proactive about getting fans back. Crazy that 300 folk can go and sit in a bingo hall but the same amount might not be able to go to lower league games in the fresh air 🙄

Edited by Thereisalight..