Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You probably want to check your maths a bit? You've taken too much VAT off by deducting 20% of the gross and not 20% of the net. The net figure is 5/6ths of the gross so it's £27,000. (Every adult ticket is £15 + VAT).

I'd say your demographic is slightly high for percentage of adults too. We had 75% adults when they were last here though the difference is admittedly trivial.

I'd say a visit from Hearts, for you if 1,800 is your away ticket limit, is probably worth £24k / £25k. You're not going to be allowed a full away attendance in a month of sundays this season though anyway I presume so it's going to be much less than that.

In theory the potential PPV for a visit from Hearts could be worth more than a normal away crowd as you have all their home fans plus those worldwide as potential customers. Not sure how many would actually pay to watch, though.

6 minutes ago, Flash said:

In theory the potential PPV for a visit from Hearts could be worth more than a normal away crowd as you have all their home fans plus those worldwide as potential customers. Not sure how many would actually pay to watch, though.

That's a fair point. Clearly his calculation was based on an actual attendance given the 1800 number but while we are restricted there is a theoretical possibility of several thousand Hearts fans buying a stream. I presume they won't though.

31 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That's a fair point. Clearly his calculation was based on an actual attendance given the 1800 number but while we are restricted there is a theoretical possibility of several thousand Hearts fans buying a stream. I presume they won't though.

Maybe they do their maths based upon expecting Alloa to charge Hearts fans four times the amount they normally charge...Hearts style.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You probably want to check your maths a bit? You've taken too much VAT off by deducting 20% of the gross and not 20% of the net. The net figure is 5/6ths of the gross so it's £27,000. (Every adult ticket is £15 + VAT).

I'd say your demographic is slightly high for percentage of adults too. We had 75% adults when they were last here though the difference is admittedly trivial.

I'd say a visit from Hearts, for you if 1,800 is your away ticket limit, is probably worth £24k / £25k. You're not going to be allowed a full away attendance in a month of sundays this season though anyway I presume so it's going to be much less than that.

Ha that's why I don't do the money SD! I just like to make nice looking things😂

5 minutes ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

A small glimmer of hope? The first step?

English Non-league clubs at step three and below can admit fans to grounds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53817206

Groups of no more than 6 and social distancing. Back of the envelope, if that’s 6 plus the 14 seats around them (assumes sitting two rows of three)...carry that to each group...perhaps 20-30% capacity depending on the size of the groups if they want two seats in all directions, a bit higher if they reduce a bit for being outdoors.

At the least it’s good data for future planning...good as in finding out, not necessarily with regard to results.

49 minutes ago, Flash said:

Not when they're going to have to listen to me commentate😂

5 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

It looks exactly the same as the deal the SPFL negotiated weeks ago. The headlines say "all games next season" but it looks like its only in place while crowds are restricted

I don't think there is an exclusive broadcasting deal for any of the lower leagues in the way that there is for the Scottish Premiership and the EFL. That should mean that clubs in the Championship and below are allowed to stream Saturday games if they want (for as long as the 3pm blackout is lifted) without having to seek permission from anyone.

I don't think there is an exclusive broadcasting deal for any of the lower leagues in the way that there is for the Scottish Premiership and the EFL. That should mean that clubs in the Championship and below are allowed to stream Saturday games if they want (for as long as the 3pm blackout is lifted) without having to seek permission from anyone.
So why could they not do it pre-covid?

Scottish clubs outside the Premiership will not be required to test their players for Covid-19 when they resume training.

Sides in the Championship, League One and League Two can return from Monday. 

But while Premiership teams are in a testing bubble with two checks each week, this will not apply to the other 30 sides.

Only if friendlies or full training matches are played before 14 September will twice-weekly screening start.

•  

22 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Scottish clubs outside the Premiership will not be required to test their players for Covid-19 when they resume training.

Sides in the Championship, League One and League Two can return from Monday. 

But while Premiership teams are in a testing bubble with two checks each week, this will not apply to the other 30 sides.

Only if friendlies or full training matches are played before 14 September will twice-weekly screening start.

•  

Only if they arent playing. Most clubs have friendlies in 1st week of Sept so its only really a week or so saved but its another positive step certainly

Because of the 3pm blackout.
But no one ever did midweek games, because...
Well that and far more importantly, the SPFL doesnt allow it.
... this. Its been discussed to death but there's nothing to suggest that the rules on streaming will be any different to pre-covid once fan restrictions are lifted.