Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

32 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Masks can be mandated in stadiums too without any ill effect on what you are paying for, which cant really be said for the social setting of a pub.

This has just made me realise how much I want an official Alloa Athletic face mask.

Nae chance of getting one with the old wasp on, but I'll take the stolen Fightin' Hornet design if needs must.

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Seems Alloa are going to be doing, and it sounds like Morton too, is even after fans go back to stadiums you can still watch it online if you want to.

Alloa and Morton can intend all they like but that isnt a club decision. Its a league wide decision. It wont be piecemeal. As I understand it the lifting of domestic live broadcsst restriction lasts only as long as there are restrictions on physical attendance. That may well be the whole season and beyond but if they are all lifted by January clubs probably wont be permitted to continue domestic streaming. 

And personally speaking, nor should they.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 hour ago, Stag Nation said:

So when both pitches were being used by fewer than four different teams., how did that work?

A game on one pitch, with a single squad training on the other, surely that was obvious?

Obviously not happening now, but an example was a bunch of guys playing 5s on one pitch, while Arbroath trained on the other pitch.

42 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Alloa and Morton can intend all they like but that isnt a club decision. Its a league wide decision. It wont be piecemeal. As I understand it the lifting of domestic live broadcsst restriction lasts only as long as there are restrictions on physical attendance. That may well be the whlle season and beyond but if they are all lifted by January clubs probably wont be permitted to continue domestic streaming. 

And personally speaking, nor should they.

I specifically sought out the answer to this after you said that the first time. As I understand it, that's some clubs policy and interpretation of it... but the actual rule is we are allowed to stream the entire season.

Think the specific wording was "For the 20/21 season only...as a consequence of Coronavirus/Covid19 being potentially present/ a threat to public health"

Now Covid's not going to stop being a threat in January. I've heard lots of talk of it becoming an endemic virus like the flu.

If you're an older fan in risk categories maybe it'll be your preference not to go to games because of that. If you have family members that are immuno-compromised you  likely will have to make that decision too. Don't want to be rude, but if you think that Covid19 will be eradicated worldwide at some point this season you're being far too optimistic. Changing the rules midway through the season would be a giant middle finger to those people and I'm glad were not championing that position.

Instead you can make your own sensible decisions from where you want watch it/what risk you put you or your family under. 

Edited by LeodhasXD

Guest Flash
26 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I specifically sought out the answer to this after you said that the first time. As I understand it, that's some clubs policy and interpretation of it... but the actual rule is we are allowed to stream the entire season.

Think the specific wording was "For the 20/21 season only...as a consequence of Coronavirus/Covid19 being potentially present/ a threat to public health"

Now Covid's not going to stop being a threat in January. I've heard lots of talk of it becoming an endemic virus like the flu.

If you're an older fan in risk categories maybe it'll be your preference not to go to games because of that. If you have family members that are immuno-compromised you  likely will have to make that decision too. Don't want to be rude, but if you think that Covid19 will be eradicated worldwide at some point this season you're being far too optimistic. Changing the rules midway through the season would be a giant middle finger to those people and I'm glad were not championing that position.

Instead you can make your own sensible decisions from where you want watch it/what risk you put you or your family under. 

The Rule I22A makes it clear that clubs can only stream matches during the “Restricted Period” which means when games are played behind closed doors or with restricted capacity as a consequence of coronavirus. Details around page 103 onwards. 

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 30-Jul-20 (MASTER COPY) CLEAN.pdf

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
3 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:
^^^ 100% this, especially the bit in bold. 

This must be an alternate reality - but you are agreeing with VT.

"judge the post, not the poster". 

(doesn't everybody? 😊

41 minutes ago, RavyDavy said:

What an ignorant fool you are

^^^ 'Ahm no home schoolin ma weans any more, wee nippy sweetie Krankie better get it sorted' type poster IMO 

Edited by vikingTON

7 minutes ago, Flash said:

The Rule I22A makes it clear that clubs can only stream matches during the “Restricted Period” which means when games are played behind closed doors or with restricted capacity as a consequence of coronavirus. Details around page 103 onwards. 

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 30-Jul-20 (MASTER COPY) CLEAN.pdf

Cheers for that I'd read it but couldn't find it again. Those were just the bits I picked out when I was texting someone else above!

"or with a reduced spectator capacity as a consequence of Coronavirus/Covid-19 being potentially present/a threat to public health."

Our capacity is 3100 and we need to pack away fans in like cattle down the end. I'm comfortable telling people that we will not be able to fit 3100 fans in our stadium over the whole season.

Edited by LeodhasXD

6 minutes ago, Flash said:

I'd say there's about a 0% chance of there being fully unrestricted capacity at football grounds this season so looks like streaming will be available for the foreseeable future.

Guest Flash
2 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Cheers for that I'd read it but couldn't find it again. Those were just the bits I picked out when I was texting someone else above!

"or with a reduced spectator capacity as a consequence of Coronavirus/Covid-19 being potentially present/a threat to public health."

Our capacity is 3100 and we need to pack away fans in like cattle down the end. I'm comfortable telling people that we will not be able to fit 3100 fans in our stadium over the whole season.

It doesn’t work when it is the club’s decision to reduce capacity, though. It is only when the capacity is reduced by the SG, local authority or police due to coronavirus.

Guest Flash
2 minutes ago, virginton said:

I'd say there's about a 0% chance of there being fully unrestricted capacity at football grounds this season so looks like streaming will be available for the foreseeable future.

Fair enough but that is different from clubs unilaterally deciding to continue to stream matches after the crowd restrictions are lifted which is the point LeodhasXD was making.

15 minutes ago, Flash said:

Fair enough but that is different from clubs unilaterally deciding to continue to stream matches after the crowd restrictions are lifted which is the point LeodhasXD was making.

Yeah perhaps too forceful on the rule but still confident that unrestricted games will not happen.

Even restrictions disappeared tomorrow, once I have the infrastructure I will be streaming anyway - it'll just be geoblocked. With all due respect to the terms and conditions saying don't use a VPN if Netflix isn't sophisticated enough to stop it what hope do our own club tv channels?

It's very easy to use well known, reputable VPNs with free 500mb accounts. That runs out? use a temp email service to sign up again and rinse and repeat.

Edited by LeodhasXD

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Flash has answered this for me. 

Do I think we will be completely clear of Covid by mid 2021? No, of course not. Its here for years to come, at least.

Am I confident we will have unrestricted stadium access before May? No, I very much doubt it. 

Am I certain that we wont reach the stage before then that the Govt says as many people who want to go can go? No I'm not, though I think its unlikely. 

But I am not discussing that. I'm addressing the suggestion you are making that individual clubs can decide for themselves whether to carry on streaming or not. They cant. Its a League rule. And as Flash has pointed out it specifically says it can only be done during the restricted period. 

I imagine you will safely be broadcasting live all season but I'm guessing, and so are you. You cant say so for certain.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

^^^ 'Ahm no home schoolin ma weans any more, wee nippy sweetie Krankie better get it sorted' type poster IMO 
Either doesn't have kids or does, but doesn't give a shit about them. If you think that's what it's all about then you're even more deluded than I thought you were.

And no one gives 2 hoots for your opinion... possibly learn when to keep it to yourself. Now, off you pop like a good little boy, bye.... [emoji112]

16 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Flash has answered this for me. 

Do I think we will be completely clear of Covid by mid 2021? No, of course not. Its here for years to come, at least.

Am I confident we will have unrestricted stadium access before May? No, I very much doubt it. 

Am I certain that we wont reach the stage before then that the Govt says as many people who want to go can go? No I'm not, though I think its unlikely. 

But I am not discussing that. I'm addressing the suggestion you are making that individual clubs can decide for themselves whether to carry on streaming or not. They cant. Its a League rule. And as Flash has pointed out it specifically says it can only be done during the restricted period. 

I imagine you will safely be broadcasting live all season but I'm guessing, and so are you. You cant say so for certain.

So practically agreed then the rule lasts the season. Glad when we reach a consensus. 

And we will continue streaming anyway - like I said it'll just be marketed to a different audience, but practically, anyone will be able to take advantage. 

So practically agreed then the rule lasts the season. Glad when we reach a consensus. 
And we will continue streaming anyway - like I said it'll just be marketed to a different audience, but practically, anyone will be able to take advantage. 
But they won't, though. As easy as you might find it to set up a vpn to get round geo-restictions, it will be beyond the vast majority of fans.

There might be a reasonable take up of streaming while games are restricted, it will be interesting to see, but any demand it's almost certainly going to fall off a cliff once the UK ban is re-imposed, for lower league clubs.

44 minutes ago, RavyDavy said:

Either doesn't have kids or does, but doesn't give a shit about them. If you think that's what it's all about then you're even more deluded than I thought you were.

And no one gives 2 hoots for your opinion... possibly learn when to keep it to yourself. Now, off you pop like a good little boy, bye.... emoji112.png

You quite clearly do though, hence your blubbering meltdown about it.

14 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Well no, we are not remotely agreed the rule lasts the season, because it quite plainly doesnt. It lasts while restrictions on attendance exist. That's literally what the rule says. Its not open to any interpretation at all.

I am happy to agree with you its likely that will mean streaming is available all season but thats not remotely the same as Alloa deciding they will do regardless which is what you said. 

11 minutes ago, Mr X said:

There might be a reasonable take up of streaming while games are restricted, it will be interesting to see, but any demand it's almost certainly going to fall off a cliff once the UK ban is re-imposed, for lower league clubs.

That's the interesting bit of this. In lieu of a centralised system it seems to be down to the clubs to get this done. Build a scalable solution, have predictable workloads and you can make it profitable at whatever level you are at. That's the goal.

I see the trend away from a strict blackout even without the extenuating influence of covid. If there was a time to invest in that future; it's now.