Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

SFA stacking the deck well. Hearts and Thistle lose arbitration, they stay relegated and get a slap on the wrist fine from the charge. Or, Hearts and Thistle win arbitration and get reinstated to the level above, only to be relegated as punishment for the charge.

The scenes.

Guest Flash
27 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

SFA not bottling out of what was a clear breach of their own rules. The Hearts and Thistle joint statement professing to be  "incredulous" is bizarre. It was perfectly clear that taking the League to Court is a breach of SFA rules so lord knows what they are havering about. Their guilt to the charge is not in dispute clearly. I wonder what the penalty will be.

Think they are moaning more about the timing.

Depending on the penalty, they might end up back in court because the Court of Session judge said it is possible the rule is unlawful.

23 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

SFA stacking the deck well. Hearts and Thistle lose arbitration, they stay relegated and get a slap on the wrist fine from the charge. Or, Hearts and Thistle win arbitration and get reinstated to the level above, only to be relegated as punishment for the charge.

The scenes.

The SFA don't run the leagued so couldn't relegate them.

59 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

The scenes.

Or, they lose, stay relegated, but are each awarded a chunky amount of compensation.  The SFA then fine them that amount, plus an extra tenner each just to rub it in. 
All seems very fair to me.

Or, they lose, stay relegated, but are each awarded a chunky amount of compensation.  The SFA then fine them that amount, plus an extra tenner each just to rub it in. 
All seems very fair to me.

What ways does the SFA have for distributing funds to the clubs ?
If they don’t have any, it would be the clubs lining the SFA’s pockets.

Just now, jagsfan57 said:

What ways does the SFA have for distributing funds to the clubs ?
If they don’t have any, it would be the clubs lining the SFA’s pockets.

There are numerous ways the SFA could distribute money to clubs, including, but not limited to, direct awards to members, probably based on club licence levels, adding it to the Club MPO Youth Achievement Awards, making an award to the SPFL to cover their legal costs on a case their own rules say they shouldn't have had to defend, etc. Of course any such award would be at the SFA's discretion.

I think the correct decision here is to replace Hearts and Partick Thistle with Kelty and Brora. Inverness, Falkirk and Edinburgh City promoted. 
You haven't thought that through. That would leave a 13,9,9,11 divide in the leagues

This statement came oot yesterday.

The Joint Response Group has been examining the optimum summer transfer window for Scottish football clubs, with consideration to the impact of COVID-19 on domestic and international movement of players.

A request submitted by the Scottish FA to open the transfer window from today (Tuesday, 14 July) until midnight on Monday, 5 October has now been approved by FIFA.

In arriving at the recommendation the JRG’s Regulation Sub-Group took into account the following circumstances:

• FIFA has confirmed that the summer transfer window cannot exceed 12 weeks. The staggered start dates to SPFL competitions and the need to try to strike an appropriate balance to allow all clubs to prepare for the new season.

• MD1 of the Betfred Cup is scheduled for Tuesday, 6 October.

• The recommendation from the European Leagues and UEFA that European associations close their transfer windows on 5 October.

• That the SPFL Board has approved, subject to approving the Regulations, amended loan principles for the coming season which extend the existing October Loan Window for League One and Two Clubs to also cover Championship clubs.

===========================================================================================================

• Does anyone know the actual dates of the group games?

• Why can't it start on the Saturday 3rd October?  We usually have three Saturday rounds of fixtures and only two midweek before the Leagues start?

This statement came oot yesterday.
The Joint Response Group has been examining the optimum summer transfer window for Scottish football clubs, with consideration to the impact of COVID-19 on domestic and international movement of players.
A request submitted by the Scottish FA to open the transfer window from today (Tuesday, 14 July) until midnight on Monday, 5 October has now been approved by FIFA.
In arriving at the recommendation the JRG’s Regulation Sub-Group took into account the following circumstances:
  • FIFA has confirmed that the summer transfer window cannot exceed 12 weeks. The staggered start dates to SPFL competitions and the need to try to strike an appropriate balance to allow all clubs to prepare for the new season.
  • MD1 of the Betfred Cup is scheduled for Tuesday, 6 October.
  • The recommendation from the European Leagues and UEFA that European associations close their transfer windows on 5 October.
  • That the SPFL Board has approved, subject to approving the Regulations, amended loan principles for the coming season which extend the existing October Loan Window for League One and Two Clubs to also cover Championship clubs.
         ===========================================================================================================
  • Does anyone know the actual dates of the group games?
  • Why can't it start on the Saturday 3rd October?  We usually have three Saturday rounds of fixtures and only two midweek before the Leagues start?
I would expect that it won't start at the weekend as the Premiership teams will be playing league games (on the Friday night).

I suppose we won't get confirmation on all dates until the number of teams taking part is confirmed, some tweaks to the format might be needed.

24 minutes ago, true_rover said:

I would expect that it won't start at the weekend as the Premiership teams will be playing league games (on the Friday night).

I suppose we won't get confirmation on all dates until the number of teams taking part is confirmed, some tweaks to the format might be needed.

Thanks mate.  Yes I noticed a round of premier league games on the Friday night.

However, I'm thinking as each team gets one blank fixture in the Betfred cup group games, the premiership team in each group could miss the 3rd October round out and let the Championship, Leagues 1 & 2 play that day?

I'd rather an extra Saturday than midweek game. (Especially in October!)

Ive seen someone claim there is no group stage this year, and it'll just be a straight knockout competition. 

Thats potentially just chatter and not confirmed though.

Thanks mate.  Yes I noticed a round of premier league games on the Friday night.
However, I'm thinking as each team gets one blank fixture in the Betfred cup group games, the premiership team in each group could miss the 3rd October round out and let the Championship, Leagues 1 & 2 play that day?
I'd rather an extra Saturday than midweek game. (Especially in October!)
One of the groups will have 2 Premiership clubs if it's seeded the way it normally is.

Ive seen someone claim there is no group stage this year, and it'll just be a straight knockout competition. 
Thats potentially just chatter and not confirmed though.

The group stage is scheduled during the international break so I wondered if they were just playing all the group games during the breaks and asking the Premiership clubs to just get on with it. Possibly they'll even finish the groups during the November break rather than any sooner.

The alternative is that they are changing the format and only lower league clubs are taking part in the 1st Round. I doubt it's pure knockout though, because they're starting a week and a half before the lower leagues do, which leaves three matchdays. I doubt the lower league clubs will want to come back, play one game and then have to kick about for another 10 days, when that involves bringing players back from furlough earlier.

Given the sides in Europe don’t take part in the group stage will there be players away on international duty?

We certainly will be expecting to. Probably Hibs, Hearts, United, Livi and St Johnstone too at the very least.

28 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

We certainly will be expecting to. Probably Hibs, Hearts, United, Livi and St Johnstone too at the very least.

Isn’t it a long running joke that nobody from st Johnstone ever gets called up? 

Shankland maybe a slim chance from United.   If anyone is calling up hearts players their competence is highly doubtful.