Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

I thought I read a while back that Dick Campbell has received a letter telling him to shield himself from the virus. If so he won't be back until August, although I suppose he could still work from home until then. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

10 hours ago, Hursty said:

Arbroath have made a couple of signings so would that not mean Campbell must surely be back?    Actually a bit of a grey area - furloughed manager who is being paid by the Govt happens to say in a Zoom call with a player and his agent that he likes him as a player, has a 3 year plan and suggests to the player they might want to give the chairman a call, does that still count?

I don't think that's a grey area, it would very blatantly be the manager working. I guess that's why QotS Raith Rovers have went down the part-time route.

I doubt anyone is going to report a couple of conversations though. They'll just say one of the BoD processed it.

Edited by harry94

13 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I don't think that's a grey area, it would very blatantly be the manager working. I guess that's why QotS have went down the part-time route.

I doubt anyone is going to report a couple of conversations though. They'll just say one of the BoD processed it.

QotS haven't gone down any part time route, not yet anyway. Our manager is still furloughed along with everyone else as far as I know. Did you mean someone else? Raith perhaps, or Ayr.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I thought I read a while back that Dick Campbell has received a letter telling him to shield himself from the virus. If so he won't be back until August, although I suppose he could still work from home until then. 

I'd've thought the virus would've been better advised to shield itself from Dick Campbell, tbh. 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

QotS haven't gone down any part time route, not yet anyway. Our manager is still furloughed along with everyone else as far as I know. Did you mean someone else? Raith perhaps, or Ayr.

Kerr is on part time furlough , I think that’s maybe where he has got mistaken, still employed full time just working on phased return to work , 1-2 days paid by club rest still on furlough which I think a number of clubs will be using 

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Get this post prepared again for the Arbitration Tribunal decision I suppose.

Yeah, arbitration panel isn't going to set aside relegation. It may consider a level of financial compensation appropriate but the sums being claimed are ridiculous (For £2m I imagine we'd happily volunteer to be relegated!).

There's a reason why Hearts didn't head to arbitration first (which would have been cheaper). They wanted a court to set aside relegation. They refused.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Yeah, arbitration panel isn't going to set aside relegation. It may consider a level of financial compensation appropriate but the sums being claimed are ridiculous (For £2m I imagine we'd happily volunteer to be relegated!).
There's a reason why Hearts didn't head to arbitration first (which would have been cheaper). They wanted a court to set aside relegation. They refused.
I assume its now squarely in the realms of Hearts/Partick seeking an amount of money which will be met by the other member clubs?

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I think Robertson is back. He’s definitely been at the stadium according to the club statement about our season ticket sales.

6 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Kerr is on part time furlough , I think that’s maybe where he has got mistaken, still employed full time just working on phased return to work , 1-2 days paid by club rest still on furlough which I think a number of clubs will be using 

Current running list, 3 July, 2020:

Alloa - Grant, working.

Arbroath - Campbell, status unknown.

Ayr - Kerr, working part-time.

Dundee - McPake, working.

Dunfermline - Crawford, working.

Greenock - Hopkin, status unknown.

Hearts - Neilson, working.

ICT - Robertson, working.

Queen of the South - Johnson, on furlough.

Raith - McGlynn, working part-time

6 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Apparently the SFA will select two of the arbitration panel and they in turn will select the third.Was it not the case that Hearts/Partick breached SFA rule by bypassing arbitration and going straight to the courts?

Now if I was a betting man!

I believe each side chooses an arbitrator from an sfa list.  Then the 2 selected pick the third.