Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

2 hours ago, Tenkay said:

I'm just wondering what you guys in the championship think about the 27 game season?

As it creates an imbalance off home and away fixtures, so I wonder if / how, we could create a 28th round of fixtures to even things up?  Maybe a round of local(ish) derby matches or something?

It doesn't really matter what the fixtures are for the 28th round off games, and i know it means playing one of the teams a fourth time.. However I prefer 14 home games and 14 away games for every team to keep things equal and fair for everyone!

If we end up getting relegated because of it then it won't be fair and I hope we contest it legally.

If not then I'm fine with it.

I want this laughed out of court, I really do.
Hearts want the equivalent of the top three premiership prize monies combined for winning a grand total of 4 league games all season
Partick want the equivalent of finishing 3rd in the premiership for winning 6 games all season and being bottom of the championship.

Budge got her chance to save her arse with reconstruction and couldn't muster the backing.
The member clubs voted on it and vast majority rejected it.
Season is over, you finished bottom. Get doon

I'm just wondering what you guys in the championship think about the 27 game season?
As it creates an imbalance off home and away fixtures, so I wonder if / how, we could create a 28th round of fixtures to even things up?  Maybe a round of local(ish) derby matches or something?
It doesn't really matter what the fixtures are for the 28th round off games, and i know it means playing one of the teams a fourth time.. However I prefer 14 home games and 14 away games for every team to keep things equal and fair for everyone!

Its a nice idea but could be unfair as you could have the scenario of two teams fighting for the title with only the final game to play one of the teams derby is 3rd in the league while the other teams derby is against 10th giving one team an easier final match. Add in some fixtures would mean more than others, if it’s a proper derby say ourselves and Dunfermline both teams will go for it even with nothing to play for but if it’s say Ayr v Queen of the South if one of them has nothing to play for are they going to go all out to win it.

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

See the schools could be back in full in August.

Off topic but that's a significant swing. Within the last week they basically said you can forget that for at least the rest of 2020. Only this morning I had my kids' school confirm to me they will not be attending on Mondays and Tuesdays when they go back and they are still to consider Fridays. And they've got staggered hours on Wednesdays and Thursdays too which means they neither start nor finish at the same time.

It would be a massive relief if they are able to go back five days a week. I'm potentially looking at having to cut my working hours on a semi permanent basis unless that happens.

1 minute ago, Tenkay said:

Yeah, with the speed the government is easing parts of lockdown every week it starting to look like everything will be more or less back to normal by August.

I don't think there's the slightest chance everything will be "back to normal" by August but we may be a lot closer to it than expected. Perhaps there is hope for football having crowds in October too. I don't however think the potential opening of schools, where the entire attendance is in the lowest risk u18 group, is in any way an indicator of the timing of potential football crowds which the demographic tends to be much older and potentially at Palmerston anyway bordering on retirement age!

If everything continues at this rate (Unlikely I know) is there a chance the October start date can be brought forward?
Unlikely, but there could be scope for friendlies and playing a couple of rounds of the Challenge Cup if it was really clear.

7 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Mind folk saying we should sack off the whole season a month ago? Wild.

Mind when folk said we should do that IF the whole season had to be played in empty stadiums? 

On the 27 games I suppose the extra home game could be given to to top 5 from previous season. First 9 games I expect to be behind closed doors or very limited capacity. I could still see hub stadiums used in order to reduce running costs at each ground and perhaps some of these stadiums may have more room to make distancing more viable especially if they have less bottle necks at entry and exit points.  

Will be tricky if they go ahead point for fans or a significant level of fans happens say a couple games into the last 18 some teams will lose that home gate sharing gate money might be the best way. 

14 hours ago, Tenkay said:

I'm sure (the) Rangers said the other day, that they understood some fans could be back inside stadiums by late August.

How will that work? They'd have to fill every 3rd or 4th seat, possibly one fan per row if you consider that they may need food or a pish during the game.

Conversely, I reckon we could probably socially distance ourselves around Scapa with our average crowds.

21 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I don't think there's the slightest chance everything will be "back to normal" by August but we may be a lot closer to it than expected. Perhaps there is hope for football having crowds in October too. I don't however think the potential opening of schools, where the entire attendance is in the lowest risk u18 group, is in any way an indicator of the timing of potential football crowds which the demographic tends to be much older and potentially at Palmerston anyway bordering on retirement age!

After today's announcement of being able to go to shopping centres on 13th July, inside pubs, restaurants and hairdressers from 15th July, I don't think we're going to be too far off some sort of normality in August.

18 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Mind when folk said we should do that IF the whole season had to be played in empty stadiums? 

Also, mind folk thinking that Scottish Football would have been able to be back and played the season to a conclusion by now.

36 minutes ago, Dee-funked said:

After today's announcement of being able to go to shopping centres on 13th July, inside pubs, restaurants and hairdressers from 15th July, I don't think we're going to be too far off some sort of normality in August.

Well that depends what you mean by "normal". Social distancing rules, face coverings, no bar service, limited numbers in shops will all apply. That's not "normal". It's a step towards it and that's great news, but it's not normal and we're a bit away from being able to go to football grounds in the manner we did before. Still there must be great encouragement that we're not going to be locked out to January and some form of attendance should maybe be allowed by October.