Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

On 21/05/2020 at 23:42, Ludo*1 said:

Going back to the Dundee insurance point - I'm more than likely reading far too much into it, but stuff like this still instills a wee bit of panic:

On 22/05/2020 at 03:32, Ludo*1 said:

More the fact that the club are still in talks with the insurance company and as such clearly haven't been cleared to approve refunds is what worries me.

On 22/05/2020 at 00:05, Ludo*1 said:

I mentioned our insurance a few posts back and in theory that should be solid but Tweets likes this, as harmless as they are (I mean, what else could the club realistically say?) still give me the absolute fear:

Insurers are going to look for every single possible loophole they can to not pay out. We seem to have more solid cover than most due to us having the additions of 'Notifiable Diseases and Prevention of Access to our Commercial Combined' that many companies who have Business Interruption insurance don't have but it's still a scary time.

On 14/05/2020 at 22:42, Skyline Drifter said:

Dundee of course have their insurance which will make up shortfall for a while (I bet the insurance co dont offer a renewal whenever its up though). As a result its prob in Dundee's interest to play. They will be better placed than most.

On 25/05/2020 at 12:35, Skyline Drifter said:

Given Dundee have three players affected and insurance cover anyway I doubt they care massively if it bounces back on them.

On 23/05/2020 at 17:32, Skyline Drifter said:

I think it's also worth remembering Dundee are a bit of an outlier here. They are the one club at this level with some form of insurance covering losses from being unable to trade and they are actually only talking about three players not the bulk of a squad. The risks for them if the scheme is challenged are much lower than for everyone else.

You quote one of my posts as an example of me 'winding it back' - Yet I've repeatedly stated I'm worried about it. And these are posts from more than a month ago. Of course, there's no doubt been a few wind-up posts along the way, but you're absolutely making things up here by accusing Dele of deleting posts to support your point here.

You, as much as anyone else, have talked up our insurance. You're right in that it would be a nonsense if we were to be screwed over considering the firm wording of our insurance protection but the rest of your post is disingenuous nonsense.

No one mentioning the Dundee utd statement yet? Website isn't loading but along the lines of the sun story regarding hearts and partick trying to block promotion is true and they are appointing lawyers.
It is a joint one apparently with 2 other clubs - noting the expulsion comment regarding it needing requested by 3 teams makes this look like an interesting swing

On 02/04/2020 at 12:54, Mr. Alli said:

Dundee have insurance which covers this.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I haven't deleted a post on here in my puff. 

Is there any particular reason you've taken to lying, @Skyline Drifter

Apologies. I had no idea you were Dele. I tried to link to the above now quoted post and it couldn't find it directly and I couldn't see it either on a manual search but I was looking for Dele. I didn't realise you;d changed your name,

25 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You quote one of my posts as an example of me 'winding it back' - Yet I've repeatedly stated I'm worried about it. And these are posts from more than a month ago. Of course, there's no doubt been a few wind-up posts along the way, but you're absolutely making things up here by accusing Dele of deleting posts to support your point here.

You, as much as anyone else, have talked up our insurance. You're right in that it would be a nonsense if we were to be screwed over considering the firm wording of our insurance protection but the rest of your post is disingenuous nonsense.

You wound it back a few weeks ago to be fair, in line with your club's own statements. And yes the original quotes are from early April. I don't actually think your comments on it have been anything but reasonable to be fair and it was maybe a wee bit harsh to include it in the first post. It was mainly Yenitit who was running off about it. And my comments talking it up were precisely because he "put me in my place" when I had doubted it originally.

EDIT - And see post above about Dele who I had no idea was the same person as Mr Alli. I wish folk would stop changing their user names. It was a pain in the arse when you changed to Speroni for a few weeks too.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

15 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

EDIT - And see post above about Dele who I had no idea was the same person as Mr Alli. I wish folk would stop changing their user names. It was a pain in the arse when you changed to Speroni for a few weeks too.

Should change yours to Highline Bifter and chill out, man.

Guest Flash
26 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

No one mentioning the Dundee utd statement yet? Website isn't loading but along the lines of the sun story regarding hearts and partick trying to block promotion is true and they are appointing lawyers.
It is a joint one apparently with 2 other clubs - noting the expulsion comment regarding it needing requested by 3 teams makes this look like an interesting swing

42 minutes ago, The DA said:

Link provided by The DA over on the Premiership forum.

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I don’t think the board have much control over those sort of things. 

I'm sure I heard some dribbling Hearts mess on the radio suggesting if a majority of clubs supported the league restructure (not necessarily meeting the threshold in each league) the SPFL board could push it through via executive action. I think that is predicated on a majority of clubs supporting said action in the first instance.

Major caveat, as mentioned it was some dribbling Hearts person so they probably made it up.

Dunfermline finished 12th in the SPL for season 11/12. Following Rangers expulsion from the league, the fairest thing to do would have been no relegation. Despite that not happening, no legal action was taken then.

Airdrie were also promoted to division 1 despite finishing 4th in the league and losing in the play offs and Arbroath stayed down despite finishing a country mile ahead of them in the league and in 2nd position. We had to take it on the chin but that was more unfair than this situation to be honest.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Our latest statement: https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/club-update-4/

It's sobering reading statements like that when we're all enjoying the drama unfolding with Hearts.

I'm in the same position. Once the High Court has dismissed this trumped up murder charge, I'll be laughing. It's just a matter of time.

45 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Can the SPFL force through reconstruction or is it something that can only happen with the clubs backing?  

No. It has to be put to the clubs and voted upon.

22 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm sure I heard some dribbling Hearts mess on the radio suggesting if a majority of clubs supported the league restructure (not necessarily meeting the threshold in each league) the SPFL board could push it through via executive action. I think that is predicated on a majority of clubs supporting said action in the first instance.

Major caveat, as mentioned it was some dribbling Hearts person so they probably made it up.

Shock to hear Hearts fans making stuff up and/or not having a clue how things work.

They're not alone in thinking that punting Doncaster would make a difference to things, when really he has no power. They seem to think he's pushing through stuff for some sort of murky agenda. Crazy nonsense. He has zero power and has to do what the clubs vote on. He's a facilitator at best.

9 minutes ago, weirdcal said:
56 minutes ago, Flash said:
Link provided by The DA over on the Premiership forum.

I must have missed gtf day

It was last week!

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Should change yours to Highline Bifter and chill out, man.

If I was a b*****d, I'd arrange a date with the PM gang where we all change our usernames to something completely different on the same day.

Y'know, if I was a b*****d.

5 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

If I was a b*****d, I'd arrange a date with the PM gang where we all change our usernames to something completely different on the same day.

^^ PM's remain on 'unread', IMO. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Leslie Deans, a guy who sells houses yet has somehow been labelled as a legal mastermind by the BBC and allowed to spout Hearts propaganda over their shows beside Tom English.

Hearts have just taken an American millionaire to court. Thats never a smart idea.