Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Hearts are now trying to stop Dundee United, Raith and Cove from being promoted, even though they already have been.

Perhaps might be more accurate to say that Hearts are trying to get those promotions reversed.

Reading that it looks good for us with plenty of cash from 8,000 Hearts fans coming to Inverness and us getting a load of their top youngsters on loan 8) #HandsAcrossTheA9M90

Considering how dugshit their first team was last season getting “a load of their top youngsters on loan” might not be such a great idea[emoji848]

If Hearts and Partick Thistle succeed in getting an injunction to halt the start of the season could other clubs take action against them for stopping the other clubs from carrying out their lawful business?

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Since they have filed in Scottish courts rather than CAS, they can be sanctioned up to, and including, expulsion. Why not fine them £10M?

The Scots courts won't take kindly to the SFA trying to block access to them. On the other hand, they won't be too thrilled that Hearts haven't fully explored the non-court alternative, i.e. CAS.

9 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

The Scots courts won't take kindly to the SFA trying to block access to them. On the other hand, they won't be too thrilled that Hearts haven't fully explored the non-court alternative, i.e. CAS.

Except that the use of alternative resolution formats is appreciated by the courts as reducing workload. This is a clearly laid out pathway for appeal, and not following that pathway before throwing a tantrum and going to the courts won’t be viewed favorably.

What is it that propose be "done" about the players incidentally?
Championship level football isn't being played until October if all goes well. Are you seriously advocating that last season should have been finished then? With players forcibly retained for an extra 6 months or so presumably and the following season not beginning (at any level because the Premiership can't start until promotion is settled) until say January?

From my perspective, I have no issue finishing this season with different players - it’s done every season. We have already seen that the Scottish football league rules can be changed.
If as some have said players can’t play for more than 2 teams in a season is a rule ? it can be changed even if just for a season.

On 16/06/2020 at 20:02, Trogdor said:

A procedural question, do we need to wait until after the court case to expel Hearts and Thistle from the league or can we do it now? 

Expel Thistle and Hearts and replace them with Brora and Kelty. Falkirk get promoted to the Championship & Stranraer get a reprieve.

How does that sound for everyone? Deal?

I didn't realise I had become CEO of a Championship club. 🤣

9 hours ago, rb123! said:

"One CEO from the Championship added: “They are holding a gun to the head of Scottish football. Perhaps one of us may have to suggest to Doncaster they are kicked out of the league and Kelty Hearts and Brora are brought in.”

Edited by Trogdor

31 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

From my perspective, I have no issue finishing this season with different players - it’s done every season. We have already seen that the Scottish football league rules can be changed.
If as some have said players can’t play for more than 2 teams in a season is a rule ? it can be changed even if just for a season.

Aye that rule was definitely going to be changed on behalf of the Scottish leagues, despite the fact that players are currently preparing leaving clubs across Europe from July 1 and will not be able play for their new clubs after that date. 

The plain fact of the matter is that Partick already had the chance to build two squads over the course of the season and made an arse of both of them. You don't get a third chance as well, so get doon. 

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I didn't realise I had become CEO of a Championship club. 🤣

"One CEO from the Championship added: “They are holding a gun to the head of Scottish football. Perhaps one of us may have to suggest to Doncaster they are kicked out of the league and Kelty Hearts and Brora are brought in.”

To be honest, I can't see your 12-10-9-11 proposal passing.

Would there be any danger of the 21/22 spfl season not happening ? Court cases go on for ages, rarity of clubs possible expulsion, then the need to rebuild squads etc. Then it sounds like some clubs want to mothball the season, maybe a much smaller version of the league? Would be a strange one,similar to after the wars I guess.

56 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Would there be any danger of the 21/22 spfl season not happening ? Court cases go on for ages, rarity of clubs possible expulsion, then the need to rebuild squads etc. Then it sounds like some clubs want to mothball the season, maybe a much smaller version of the league? Would be a strange one,similar to after the wars I guess.

Hearts and Partick can play each other every week in front of capacity crowds with no segregation to raise funds for their court case. 

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Nah. 

The current situation in Scottish football is regrettable and the position of Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer is not one any of us would want our clubs to be in.  We await the outcome of the legal case with interest. In terms of fairness, there was a vote of the member clubs and the points per game formula was applied to an unfinished season. Is that fair? There are arguments for and against that. 

Scottish football has not applied fairness in other situations. The 1939/40 season was ended after 5 matches in the First Division and 4 in the Second.  Ayr United and Alloa Athletic finished above Clyde who were placed in the 1946-47 A Division whilst the two higher placed teams were consigned to B Division. Dundee were top of the suspended Second Division but were not promoted. Morton were placed in the A Division having been in 15th place in the Second Division. There were regional war-time competitions but the Scottish Football League was suspended. The accusations of carve-up were flying around.

Edited by Saltire

12 hours ago, The Master said:

One thing that’s been made 100% clear if it wasn’t already, is that every club is only interested in it’s own circumstances, and will act with complete disregard for the welfare, development or future of Scottish Football. When I say every club, I probably mean every club chairman, as frustratingly managers, players or fans’ views are not taken into account.

For this reason I am not completely certain this legal action is a bad thing, albeit the two clubs are also acting in their own interests. The possible benefits I would hope would come out of it include the following:

1. An end to the undemocratic voting system, replaced with a system that allows a simple majority vote to carry the motion.

2. The possibility the case could uncover what happened with Dundee’s vote on ending account.. The disbanding of the current ruling bodies of Scottish Football, to be replaced by a single forward thinking body with true leadership.

4. The inclusion of the collective voices of managers, players and fans in any potential changes to the framework of Scottish Football.

5. Certain smug, arrogant and inscrutable club chairmen getting a taste of their own medicine.

Fingers Crossed!