Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

6 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

Do we know the full list of the clubs in favour?

Hopefully we never find out so Hearts/Partick/Falkirk/ICT don't know who to boycott.

Given some of the joke away crowds that come up here, we'd be as well not even opening the away section at the The Caley Stadium.  Just tell about 7 of the 9 clubs fans not to bother.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Why do folk think using 'monies' rather than 'cost' or 'expense' somehow lends their statement more gravitas?

OK, I'll bite. It's probably the same reason that some people say "gravitas" rather than "weight".

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Hopefully we never find out so Hearts/Partick/Falkirk/ICT don't know who to boycott.

That would be a great league cup group.

Well attended giving them the away experience and all best of pals

3 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

The Guardian article states that Stendel is likely to go, and the leading candidates to replace him are Robertson (signed a new deal with ICT today) and Neil McCann....

image.jpeg.7eff429d87e7eeb4fe5f3f271a1ebb19.jpeg

It's taken over 10 weeks, but there is finally something to brighten all our spirits.....

Add a dash of insult to the injury.

zCgaExLwxNYmrRG-800x450-noPad.jpg

Hardly been on here for weeks as I'd really like to draw a line under all of this. Maybe we're slowly getting there. In my view there could only have been two outcomes to last season - either null and void or find the most equitable way to promote and relegate. You just can't have promotion without relegation as that's league reconstruction by the back door. It's unfortunate for those impacted, but we need to start looking forwards, not back.

5 hours ago, Flash said:

Does J23 not only apply if the club is appealing against a determination by the Board? It doesn’t look like J23 is there for a club to use as a first step to appeal against an outcome they don’t agree with.  So I think the determination would need to come before the J23 appeal. Say, for example, if Hearts failed to fulfil their first Championship fixture, a determination would follow which Hearts could appeal under J23. They can’t use J23 now because there has been no determination by the Board, only an outcome in terms of the Rules.

Happy to be corrected if that’s wrong.

The question becomes who determined the positions, relegations and promotions. While the clubs voted on the end of the season, the final decision may well have been the Board’s, and thus J23 may be relevant. If they believe it was the teams that decided, their threat of legal appeal makes less sense, as it appears to be within the purview of the teams comprising the SPFL to make such a decision under some other rules regarding the competition.

Either way, I’m stumped as to what Heart’s think their trump card is.

57 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Either way, I’m stumped as to what Heart’s think their trump card is.

I'm not convinced they'll particularly think they've got one.

They're taking legal action because they said they would.  They want the fans to think they fought as hard as possible.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm not convinced they'll particularly think they've got one.

They're taking legal action because they said they would.  They want the fans to think they fought as hard as possible.

It’s rumoured that they are going to court for compensation for being relegated as they cannot contest relegation due to it being voted for by members ( don’t know the truth in it ) 

26 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

It’s rumoured that they are going to court for compensation for being relegated as they cannot contest relegation due to it being voted for by members ( don’t know the truth in it ) 

I'm no lawyer, @Pull My Strings is the man for that, but I'm unclear on what basis there could be compensation for being relegated. They will already get a parachute payment and clubs get relegated every year without additional compensation. It seems to be far more likely they will challenge the legality of process of the relegation itself or perhaps the inequity of it.

I doubt they'll win but stranger things have happened and it being a "member's decision" won't hold any water if it's deemed due process wasn't followed. Of course presumably then due process could then be followed to arrive at the same result but with a significant delay.

I certainly think it's more likely they'll challenge the relegation than go for any compensation directly (one might result from the other though)

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Wonder what McCall has to say about Thistle going down, think Partick must have banned him from going on Sportsound as he used to be on it most weeks.

Be interesting to hear his views cause he usually comes across as having a level minded approach to views about Scottish Football, probably changed to being brainwashed by Jacqui Low.

Guest Axle Grease
11 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Given some of the joke away crowds that come up here, we'd be as well not even opening the away section at the The Caley Stadium.  Just tell about 7 of the 9 clubs fans not to bother.

ICT.

Well yes, where to start exactly?

19 hours ago, GiGi said:

Can't wait for the next instalment from the angsty teenager writing Partick Thistle's statements.

Jacqui Low is a communications professional with more than 30 years’ experience in media...

C18F7EA4-650C-4E7E-A102-626EF7C9943D.jpeg