Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Bring in Kelty and Brora and go for a snivelling 8-12-12-12  so that the 'elite' don't have to mix with the underclass, then no relegation or promotion, of course you could buy your way into 'SPL Elite'  or have a sugar daddy promise to save the world by giving cash handouts to the poor and needy. 

19 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I see Uncle Roy at Ross County is suggesting the QC evidence he has seen says they have no case and Hearts should take their medicine and get doon.

I think Hearts would have to show that the solution is one no reasonable person would have come up with, not just that it's not the best one.  Very high hurdle.

Hearts have zero chance of winning a civil court case.

Even if they went to the CAS I can't see what grounds they could use to make an appeal.

Did the relegated French sides not win their case?

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Did the relegated French sides not win their case?

Temporarily, relegation is suspended for the French FA to take another look.  The reason is that the agreement between the LFP and the FFA only allows for a 20 team top flight, hence the relegation.  But that agreement comes to an end on 30 June, so the Court pointed out that they could not use that limit for a season that will not start until a new agreement is signed.  So, if that agreement allowed for 22 clubs, that would mean the decisions on relegation and promotion would have to be re-done...

More relevantly, the Dutch sides denied promotion lost their case, even though theirs was much stronger.

The 27 game proposal has the agreement of 8 clubs, according to Kheredine Idessane.

Who did they ask? The 10 teams that should be in the championship, or the 10 teams that hearts want to be in the championship (obviously not including them)

Who did they ask? The 10 teams that should be in the championship, or the 10 teams that hearts want to be in the championship (obviously not including them)

They asked the current Championship teams which as it stands includes Hearts.

I presume they voted against it though.

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

They asked the current Championship teams which as it stands includes Hearts.

I presume they voted against it though.

I think this confirms reconstruction is dead in the water. Hopefully we'll get confirmation of that tomorrow and clubs can start selling season tickets and get some much needed income. 👍

Just now, HMIP said:

Is that October start presuming crowds will be allowed back?  I still struggle to see how the clubs can play behind closed doors with no income.

I imagine it must be. Still not certain yet though.

As you say, most teams are heavily reliant on match day revenue and gate receipts so starting without them isn't really a goer.

4 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Is that October start presuming crowds will be allowed back?  I still struggle to see how the clubs can play behind closed doors with no income.

I think it's in hope that crowds can return then or soon after so either no or as few games as possible are played to empty stadiums. 

I don’t think so no. There are still talks regarding streaming Championship games according to the Morton CEO and afaik that seems the most likely scenario until crowds return at the turn of the year.

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I struggle to see why we need to wait until Oct if games are being played behind closed doors? Why not start it in Aug like the SPL and have a full season? 

Because teams can’t afford to do that. The hope is to have as little games behind closed doors as possible.