Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Raith chairman stated today they’ll vote against.

EDIT- might have picked up the quote in the paper wrong- they’ll vote against “Hearts proposal”.

I took that to mean the 14-10-10-10 as I thought the 14-14-14 had already been thrown out.

Might not be the case though and maybe it’s just the three 14s we’re against.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That makes 2 Championship clubs then.

One more and that would ruin any chance of it happening I think.

Yeah, its got no chance of happening. I doubt it'll reach the quota in any division to be honest.

I expect it will be quietly withdrawn on Monday afternoon.

Yeah, its got no chance of happening. I doubt it'll reach the quota in any division to be honest.

I think it’ll be tight. Doncaster has said there’s an appetite for it from a few clubs but there’s already 2 Championship clubs against it and I’d imagine Ross County will join Aberdeen in voting against it.

26 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think it’ll be tight. Doncaster has said there’s an appetite for it from a few clubs but there’s already 2 Championship clubs against it and I’d imagine Ross County will join Aberdeen in voting against it.

I think its just a means for cockwomble and the SPFL to pacify Budge. Whereby they can say "We tried" I'm not sure their hearts are in it. Pardon the pun.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

I’m not so sure. I thought they put the proposal out to all the clubs this week and it would only go to a vote if they were fairly confident of it being passed?

As much as I would enjoy Inverness getting promoted by default, We were never going up through the play offs this season anyway and the meltdown from the Hearts fans would be well worth seeing,

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

A few might be getting a phone call before then to remind them what’s the best way to vote. From what I can see this could go either way yet. Not sure how easy it’s been to get a 27 game championship season agreed and guaranteed. Any follow up legal action from clubs who feel disadvantaged could cause more issues 

It’s a complete botch job of a proposal. For it to have a chance of going through, there would need to be absolute clarity on relegation and promotion from and to the Premiership. 2 automatic relegations from the top flight with 1 automatic promotion and a play off winner from the championship. This would then probably need an increase to 12 in the championship. Keep League 1 and League 2 the same for now. 

Guest Flash
9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

That makes 2 Championship clubs then.

One more and that would ruin any chance of it happening I think.

Needs 11 Premiership votes plus 17 out of Premiership and Championship and 32 overall. So, if 11 Premiership vote in favour, it needs 5 in the Championship to oppose or 10 in the Championship and lower leagues to oppose for it to fail.

If 12 Premiership vote in favour, it would need 6 in the Championship to oppose or 11 in the Championship and lower leagues to oppose for it to fail.

Its not a binding vote for Monday which is the other reason I don't get the impression its in the bag. If it were they would force it through and lean on waivering clubs to get it over the line like with the vote to end the season.

For the sake of clarity and to allow clubs to plan it needs binned. Efforts should be focused on when the leagues start back and in what format. This constant talk of reconstruction is a distraction and adds uncertainty making it difficult for clubs to even offer a season ticket until they know what it is for. 

3 hours ago, AyrExile said:

A few might be getting a phone call before then to remind them what’s the best way to vote. From what I can see this could go either way yet. Not sure how easy it’s been to get a 27 game championship season agreed and guaranteed. Any follow up legal action from clubs who feel disadvantaged could cause more issues 

It’s ridiculous we can’t have a full season! 36 games could easily be fitted in from early Oct to May 

Rovers chairman said the club oppose 14-14-14. I'd imagine we would vote for the 14-10-10 as I'm sure he's come out in favour of that one before. 

Yeah sorry, I may have got my wires crossed there.

The report in the Fife Free Press stated

“As the Press went to print the SPFL were meeting to discuss the possibility of league reconstruction model put forward by Hearts owner Ann Budge, one which Rovers voiced their disapproval towards.”

I thought the 14-14-14 model was already dead and that the statement was regarding the 14-10-10-10 which was what Hearts initially proposed was it not?

So I took it to mean Rovers would be against the 14-10-10-10 but in hindsight I think I was wrong.

47 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It’s ridiculous we can’t have a full season! 36 games could easily be fitted in from early Oct to May 

There's space in the calendar, but you have to allow for the inevitable shit weather and international windows.  Added to the fact that a condensed season would require larger squads and a greater financial commitment to wages etc. and you can see why it's financially not desirable right  now. 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

You can see the future? You're also an expert in virology? And in addition to all of that you work in the Scottish government?