Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

FFS don’t give him any more encouragement. I thought the Thistlevirus that erupted in March would’ve died down after the social distancing of GTF Day, but Sting777 looks like being a one-man second wave.......

19 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Believe it or not, if we had been bottom having played the same number of games as everyone else,  I think nearly every one of our fans would have accepted it. Sadly that isn’t the case no matter how things were factored!

Yeah, sure you would. The same way Hearts fans have all accepted it and not whipped themselves up into a frenzy and declared boycotts of everyone except ICT as they had played equal games and were 4 points adrift! 🤣

Thistle have a far more legitimate gripe than Hearts or Stranraer but please lets not pretend if they were in the same position their fans wouldnt equally be calling it unfair.

We should table an amendment to the 14-10-10-10 proposal that, to keep "sporting integrity", the bottom placed Premiership team should still be relegated, then the top three from the Championship go up. I'm sure Ms Budge will agree that that would be the fairest way for things to proceed....:whistle

8 minutes ago, Flash said:

Think it is in the 6th question about guarantees or stipulations.

https://spfltrust.org.uk/james_anderson_faqs/

Thanks. I couldnt find that page at all. Senility must be setting in. Thats pretty clear then, its an absolute condition it isnt used for payroll. As I said though, thats pretty irrelevant. Saving £50k in other areas will effectively release £50k from those commitments to cover payroll anyway. 

Biggest issue with it is the breakdown of prize money which, without adjustment, will mean a big drop off in prize money (relatively) between 8th in the Championship and 9th in it. This is the old gap between 10th Championship and 1st League One. As a club relatively likely to be looking at the bottom end of the Championship, as are you, that's a big concern. Granted whilst that worries me and should worry you, it's not going to worry most of the voting clubs.

Do you really think the league structure will change without a corresponding change in the prize money distribution?

(That’s a genuine question btw, not an “omg you’re so stupid” question- difficult to get that across in written format).

As you say, there’s a massive drop between bottom of one league and top of the next one down- surely there’s absolutely no chance that anyone would think it reasonable to keep that sort of step change based on an arbitrary number of teams that were in the league under a previous structure?

51 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Do you really think the league structure will change without a corresponding change in the prize money distribution?

(That’s a genuine question btw, not an “omg you’re so stupid” question- difficult to get that across in written format).

As you say, there’s a massive drop between bottom of one league and top of the next one down- surely there’s absolutely no chance that anyone would think it reasonable to keep that sort of step change based on an arbitrary number of teams that were in the league under a previous structure?

The option on the table still contains that enormous step between 8th and 9th, albeit comes with a caveat that clubs may wish to consider also an amendment in the distribution model. Given only about 4 or 5 clubs may care about that step I am far from sure there would be much notion to change it.

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The option on the table still contains that enormous step between 8th and 9th, albeit comes with a caveat that clubs may wish to consider also an amendment in the distribution model. Given only about 4 or 5 clubs may care about that step I am far from sure there would be much notion to change it.

Have they changed the Premiership allocation to take account of the bigger step between 12th and 13th? 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You mention a gulf between 8th and 9th, where are you seeing that? As it stands, £2.06 million would be the additional prize money required for the current payout form to contain two additional Premiership teams, assuming a 4.25% and 4.0% payout rate (continues the previous 0.25% reduction for places 8-14 from 7th place. That’s what’s needed to keep all the other payouts the same £ amount, and while a reduction of 7.6% across the board on payouts would pay for the whole thing, there would be a number of other ways to get that cash. That’s based upon the 2019-2020 £25M pot.

Yes

f**k sake.
So it really is a case of Budge saying “as long as Hearts are ok, I don’t give a shiny shite what happens in the other leagues”.

Farcical that someone with such a vested interest should be allowed to chair the committee on reconstruction.

Although as others have said, there is no real appetite for reconstruction other than to stop relegations so it’s no surprise.

If this goes to a vote how will each club vote?

In the Championship, you would imagine that Hearts, ICT and Dundee will vote for it.

Ayr will definitely vote against it. I’ve absolutely no idea how the others will go.

51 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If this goes to a vote how will each club vote?

In the Championship, you would imagine that Hearts, ICT and Dundee will vote for it.

Yep, Hearts would stay up, The Caley would go up, and Dundee are clear favourites for the league.