Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

James Anderson donation confirmed, with basic details of the trust structure.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52992075

Not had a proper look at the website for the SPFL Trust website yet - link below.

https://spfltrust.org.uk/

Edited by Parttimesupporter
Edited as the SPFL Trust was already a thing, just not one I had heard of!

£50k per club(possibly more in the very unlikely event a club doesn't apply for funding) . To fund testing, making grounds fit to have fans etc attend.

Can't be used towards wages(which is the major obstacle for clubs) ,  remaining £0.9m to be put into trust who are launching a campaign(Scottish football united)

Q&A on trust website is desperate to say its not a bribe

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Wonder what the criteria are for proving community benefit?

I don't think it will be difficult for football clubs to justify that, even without a formal community programme which most full time sides at least will have. There are plenty of studies out there showing the community impact of a football club to the wider area.

13 hours ago, rb123! said:

I know this isn't related to football here but i see that in New Zealand there's going to 35,000 and 20,000 supporters at a couple of rugby games at the weekend as lockdown has been completely lifted.

Just puts it into perspective how much we've fucked up and we're now going to be months if not nearer a year until 35,000 people in a stadium. 

Without getting political i just thought i'd add that depressing point. 

Would rather have the virus than watch rugby tbh. 

7 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Tbf New Zealand are thousands of miles from anywhere and we’re right besides mainland Europe which had the biggest explosion of the virus outside of China.

They also pretty much eradicated the virus with a quick lockdown and a robust contact tracing system. Given the performance of the British and American systems through this, very nicely done. Even Oz is doing quite well on opening up.

On that note, the U.S. caseload is climbing in over half the country, how’s the numbers looking over there?

On 30/05/2020 at 18:56, RandomGuy. said:

You're embarrassing yourself.

Ann Budge was on Sky yesterday, and never mentioned a single thing about it.

Why, then, do you think she suddenly decided to announce it on Scottish radio, days before a vote, when those "questioning" her were people who have supported her the entire time?

Almost as if todays performance was nothing more than a propaganda speech so she dropped in something to rile up the masses.

On 30/05/2020 at 18:59, Sergeant Wilson said:

Are you always this gullible?

Looks like the money is getting paid or maybe you two know better.

Edited by Sting777

4 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Looks like the money is getting paid or maybe you two know better.

It's being paid into a Trust, clubs can apply. It's not for wages, there are specific areas for the money to be used. It's hardly a £50k deposit in every club account.

16 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's being paid into a Trust, clubs can apply. It's not for wages, there are specific areas for the money to be used. It's hardly a £50k deposit in every club account.

Nobody ever said it was. 

Just now, Sting777 said:

Nobody ever said it was. 

I think you did. You said words to the effect that no questions should be asked, no formal paper work was needed. That was clearly inaccurate and if it had been accepted in that way, illegal.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I think you did. You said words to the effect that no questions should be asked, no formal paper work was needed. That was clearly inaccurate and if it had been accepted in that way, illegal.

I said what was getting said on the programme live, at the time.   It was you and others that clearly weren’t listening to the programme that said it was all a big Hearts conspiracy. You got it wrong! The money is available! Move on!

Edited by Sting777

6 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

I said what was getting said on the programme live, at the time.   It was you and others that clearly weren’t listening to the programme that said it was all a big Hearts conspiracy. You got it wrong! The money is available! Move on!

It was you that brought it back up. I'd still tell him to stick his attempted bribe up his hole.

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It was you that brought it back up. I'd still tell him to stick his attempted bribe up his hole.

So you got it wrong! I am not sure what attempted  bribe you are referring to. As stated at the time of the programme there was no conditions attached that would save Hearts or any other club!

Just now, Sting777 said:

So you got it wrong! I am not sure what attempted  bribe you are referring to. As stated at the time of the programme there was no conditions attached that would save Hearts or any other club!

But there are other conditions, not the free money you and those in the radio were desperate portray.

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What part? That it was ludicrous to think that money could be accepted without due process?

SPFL chief Neil Doncaster says the donation will 'protect clubs from the worst effects' of the pandemic. 

The valuable money is available to the clubs now and as it turns out it wasn’t a big Hearts conspiracy. You got it wrong!

Edited by Sting777

On 09/06/2020 at 09:11, pub car king said:

What's the point delaying it until october if it is still closed doors.

It’s ridiculous that games will be behind closed doors anyway come Oct. the numbers of covid deaths/cases are becoming so minuscule in Scotland that lower league teams could probably play now with social distancing measures and nobody would be catching covid/killing their grannies