Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

For the teams, I assume they are planning on one full home gate from each opponent, and the “bonus” nine matches will likely be closed doors or extremely limited crowds. We can also probably assume they will come up with some form of revenue sharing for any of the closed door games streaming video revenue, or perhaps use the Pixellot feed and their own streaming service commentary/purchase system.. There’s also the possibility of a neutral site game, if that would allow a larger crowd, with each team keeping their own ticket sales (after a negotiated splitting of the costs), during the first go around.

On the neutral site concept, let’s say Alloa vs Hearts is one of the first nine games. If limited crowds are allowed, would it perhaps be worth it for Alloa to move the game to somewhere like Hampden, where you might get 8,000 (versus at most 500 at home) socially distanced fans, and share a small amount (say 10-20%) of the gate net profit with Hearts? Yea, it would feel like a Hearts home game due to a heavily Hearts crowd, but it’s still a neutral site, and even after costs and sharing likely gives them more revenue than a home game versus Hearts in normal times.

15 minutes ago, TxRover said:

For the teams, I assume they are planning on one full home gate from each opponent, and the “bonus” nine matches will likely be closed doors or extremely limited crowds. We can also probably assume they will come up with some form of revenue sharing for any of the closed door games streaming video revenue, or perhaps use the Pixellot feed and their own streaming service commentary/purchase system.. There’s also the possibility of a neutral site game, if that would allow a larger crowd, with each team keeping their own ticket sales (after a negotiated splitting of the costs), during the first go around.

On the neutral site concept, let’s say Alloa vs Hearts is one of the first nine games. If limited crowds are allowed, would it perhaps be worth it for Alloa to move the game to somewhere like Hampden, where you might get 8,000 (versus at most 500 at home) socially distanced fans, and share a small amount (say 10-20%) of the gate net profit with Hearts? Yea, it would feel like a Hearts home game due to a heavily Hearts crowd, but it’s still a neutral site, and even after costs and sharing likely gives them more revenue than a home game versus Hearts in normal times.

Would never be allowed.

38 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Would 7,000+ Hearts fans really trek through to Glasgow for a league game against Alloa? 

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Would 7,000+ Hearts fans really trek through to Glasgow for a league game against Alloa? 

I doubt it, especially since some of 'em insist that they are all going to boycott all away league games bar those in Inverness.  Although whether that becomes a reality remains to be seen.

49 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Why not?

Because if you allow it once purely on crowd size, where would it stop? You could have plenty of other instances of teams with grounds that have a small permitted capacity applying to play at a bigger ground whenever a potentially big away support is expected, and once the precedent is set it would be hard to refuse other applications.

Bad enough having to play some teams twice away without giving up even more perceived home advantages. Basically it could end up with more chaos and less fairness than the season just ended.

16 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

I doubt it, especially since some of 'em insist that they are all going to boycott all away league games bar those in Inverness.  Although whether that becomes a reality remains to be seen.

They aren’t going to boycott.  They’ll do the same as sevco and every other cry baby act that’s tried these claims.  They might have the odd game where they are out of form and the ground is inconvenient to get too(and probably mid-week) and claim the lower away crowd is the boycott in action.  Within weeks they’ll have a bigger game to play and they’ll scramble over each other for tickets.

Edited by parsforlife

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Because if you allow it once purely on crowd size, where would it stop? You could have plenty of other instances of teams with grounds that have a small permitted capacity applying to play at a bigger ground whenever a potentially big away support is expected, and once the precedent is set it would be hard to refuse other applications.

Bad enough having to play some teams twice away without giving up even more perceived home advantages. Basically it could end up with more chaos and less fairness than the season just ended.

Not if it’s an explicit one off due to the imbalanced schedule this year only in the Championship.

39 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Won’t happen. Nor should it.

We disagree. With an imbalanced schedule, and the need for social distancing, this is the time to experiment. A game at Hampden with 5-8,000 will be much more interesting than at Alloa with 350 scattered around the place. The season series is one home, one away and one neutral,

I don’t see a huge disadvantage to Alloa or advantage to Hearts in that plan. Granted, Alloa loses a home game, but it’s replaced with a neutral game, not one at Hearts. Hearts isn’t home either, and surely Recreation Park isn’t an intimidating spectacle to be feared.

I know this isn't related to football here but i see that in New Zealand there's going to 35,000 and 20,000 supporters at a couple of rugby games at the weekend as lockdown has been completely lifted.

Just puts it into perspective how much we've fucked up and we're now going to be months if not nearer a year until 35,000 people in a stadium. 

Without getting political i just thought i'd add that depressing point. 

Edited by rb123!

I know this isn't related to football here but i see that in New Zealand there's going to 35,000 and 20,000 supporters at a couple of rugby games at the weekend as lockdown has been completely lifted.
Just puts it into perspective how much we've fucked up and we're now going to be months if not nearer a year until 35,000 people in a stadium. 
Thanks for that

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Aye cheers for that, bawbag :(

2 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Tbf New Zealand are thousands of miles from anywhere and we’re right besides mainland Europe which had the biggest explosion of the virus outside of China. are not governed by a bunch of incompetent clowns who can't act decisively unless their big business friends say it's ok first.

FTFY