Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I reckon there's a chance we vote for this. It's similar to the idea we wanted originally except we wanted it to be permanent.

Need I remind you. 

Championship opposition to the plan is further heightened by ill-feeling towards Inverness Chief Executive Scot Gardiner following a bitter civil war over the SPFL's resolution to end the season.

15 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Need I remind you. 

Championship opposition to the plan is further heightened by ill-feeling towards Inverness Chief Executive Scot Gardiner following a bitter civil war over the SPFL's resolution to end the season.

Is Nelms as petty as the rest? I hope so.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Is Nelms as petty as the rest? I hope so.

Considering what he had to say about the situation with Gardiner, I'd say yes. Also, we want permanent reconstruction, so I don't see us supporting this at all.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Considering what he had to say about the situation with Gardiner, I'd say yes. Also, we want permanent reconstruction, so I don't see us supporting this at all.

No Hearts or ICT as competition leaves the goal wide open for us to comfortably win the league though.*

* I realise there's a high chance we'd f**k it up either way.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

No Hearts or ICT as competition leaves the goal wide open for us to comfortably win the league though.*

* I realise there's a high chance we'd f**k it up either way.

There's also a high chance the season won't go ahead.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

There's also a high chance the season won't go ahead.

Season will be starting in August like normal though with packed stadiums in August going by our P&B Health Expert members

13 hours ago, rb123! said:

I do think that by August/September, with the way the current figures of rates of infection and deaths are going etc, we really could be at a stage as a country where there could be days with no deaths and very few new infections a day. 

Main problem is going to be that 1. The lowering of the figures will probably be due to social distancing etc and not just that the virus has petered out and the 2nd problem is by October/November time everyone will get winter colds/flu and start shitting it thinking it's coronavirus (Large scale public testing for everyone will need to be facilitated for by that time IMO)

As i've said though the disease will have hopefully reduced by then but only because of social distancing and other extra precautions so Gov aren't going to risk throwing that away by letting crowds back IMO. I mean today government studies have published that the Cheltenham Festival and Liverpool v Athletico Madrid really spread the coronavirus in this country. 

Also if limited numbers were allowed at matches i actually think the clubs with all seater are at an advantage to terracing, with all seater they could easily use the numbered seats to do online ticket sales which would allow you only to be able to choose certain seats which are all apart from anyone else.  

You could be correct, however many believe that a vaccine may never be found and that the virus is here to stay, that being the case our Governments will need to look at the realities of living life in a new normal and whether that means doing away with large gatherings indefinitely (which means life as we know it). 

Alternatively, there could be some ground breaking shielding regulations introduced which could more or less see those over 75 and those with serious underlying conditions wrapped up in a protective bubble, while the rest of us just get on with it, this would seem much simpler and a far better outcome for the majority I'd think.

It really is a difficult one, but do we seriously think that the world is ready to end all spectator sports, do away with concerts, the arts, weddings, parties, theme parks, water parks, nightclubs etc, not to mention having to make huge permanent changes to most workplaces and more importantly the transport infrastructure, none of which are even close to economically viable.

Apart from the mental health aspect, the economic shock would be quite horrific and arguably one which we would never fully recover from. As a temporary measure it's bad enough but permanently just doesn't bear thinking about.

A more extreme proposition could be to introduce a form of "carousel" as per Logans Run but I'm unsure how popular that would prove and it would also seriously impact most of our gate receipts, so maybe not.

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I reckon there's a chance we vote for this. It's similar to the idea we wanted originally except we wanted it to be permanent.

So essentially it's completely different.

Two weeks after a one season 3x14 setup was rejected "successful businesswoman" Anne Budge's new plan is 2 seasons of 3x14 before reverting to the old system - the only thing that surprises me is that I'm not surprised.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-clubs-warned-failure-thrash-22097900

"Championship clubs have already made it clear they’ll be in no position to play a full league campaign. But unless 75 per cent of all clubs can agree on some form of reconstruction, then the rules state it must be a 36 game season.

“If any club can’t fulfil its own fixtures it would become a disciplinary issue - one of the most serious disciplinary issues there is - and it would carry unlimited punishments."

Inclined to call bullshit on this one, given the 'off the radar' track record of the hack involved.  Also, my recollection is that there is a specific reference to a 38 game season in the Premiership in the SPFL Rules (amended for 19/20), but no such number quoted for other leagues.  However, I'm too lazy to dig further......... 

Edited by Parttimesupporter
Forgot to add "'but no such number for other leagues" first time around