Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

"if no restructure is approved and Heart of Midlothian FC remains relegated, then Premiership clubs will be faced with a reduction in funds of £300K to cover the parachute payment."

Say's fuckin who? 

She is fuckin delusional.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

"if no restructure is approved and Heart of Midlothian FC remains relegated, then Premiership clubs will be faced with a reduction in funds of £300K to cover the parachute payment."

Say's fuckin who? 

She is fuckin delusional.

I guess she means against Hearts remaining in the top flight and no relegation. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I guess she means against Hearts remaining in the top flight and no relegation. 

But this would have been paid by the SPFL anyway, it's already been budgeted for.

She does speak of further compensation....

"Hearts being relegated will not only cause significant financial damage to Hearts, but will result in other Premiership Clubs funding a £300k parachute payment next season. This money, plus any compensation payments agreed, could be much more effectively utilised in the fight for survival."

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

But this would have been paid by the SPFL anyway, it's already been budgeted for.

She does speak of further compensation....

"Hearts being relegated will not only cause significant financial damage to Hearts, but will result in other Premiership Clubs funding a £300k parachute payment next season. This money, plus any compensation payments agreed, could be much more effectively utilised in the fight for survival."

The relegated team gets a parachute payment from the SPFL. Presumably, shes saying if no-one is relegated there will be no need to pay a parachute payment. That money can then be used by the clubs for other things.

Shes not technically wrong but the whole proposal is self-serving nonsense

6 minutes ago, Mr X said:

First thing I asked. I assume Budge thinks Hearts will be back in the top 6 at that point, so couldnt care less what happens to the proles

It would look like huge numbers would need to be relegated to get back to the existing structure. If they anticipate enough clubs being around!

Eta the 3x14 structure seems to be in anticipation of clubs dropping out and the rest continuing. If I was the owner of any clubs in the bottom half of the top tier is be asking "why bother?"

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

41 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

So I'm hearing that there would be a 6/8 split and the club's in the 6 would play 36 games, the club's in the 8 would play 40. 

Does this happen anywhere else, not a reason against just curious. 

Romanian league uses this exact format.

This cack handed plan is doomed to fail. Hearts can get doon.

I expect the Championship vote will be 9-1 against. Particularly as ICT have acted like shitebags and have exactly zero goodwill.

I am also not in favour of promoting some of the dross in league one up. *Shudder* Airdrie.

Edited by Trogdor

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

This cack handed plan is doomed to fail. Hearts can get doon.

I expect the Championship vote will be 9-1 against. Particularly as ICT have acted like shitebags and have exactly zero goodwill.

I am also not in favour of promoting some of the dross in league one up. *Shudder* Airdrie.

It's a good point. Putting unprepared teams from L1 who can't possibly afford to play closed door games could put them out of business.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Here goes, too 28 from last season play 2 leagues of 14, playing  each other 3 times then split, starting in August behind closed doors, hopefully by Jan 21, some crowds allowed, the rest including HL and LL, don't play at all, everybody back for 21/22, including HL and LL,  in a 12-12-20, which includes Brora and Kelty

3 minutes ago, ecto said:

Here goes, too 28 from last season play 2 leagues of 14, playing  each other 3 times then split, starting in August behind closed doors, hopefully by Jan 21, some crowds allowed, the rest including HL and LL, don't play at all, everybody back for 21/22, including HL and LL,  in a 12-12-20, which includes Brora and Kelty

You split.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

I've already stated that this would happen and that on several points Championship clubs would have work to do.

1) The problem of fans rolling out of the pub en masse at five to three is undermined by the simple fact that pubs will either i) not actually be open for trade yet or ii) heavily restricted in their own capacity. You seem to think that 'get fans back to the football' means rolling everything else back to the way it was in February overnight, which isn't actually going to happen here.

2) If fans ignore instructions to adhere to distancing and other safety measures then they can be denied entry/ejected from the ground/banned from future matches through the already existing combination of stewarding and club action. You don't get to waltz into an SPFL ground with a bottle of Buckfast or jump up and down on the seats (unless you're a bigot fan): you won't get to flout any new restrictions either. There is no fundamental problem here that enhanced stewarding/policing provision wouldn't deal with.

An apt summary of your 'Scottish football would witness the next Heysel because of people being told where to stand in a queue' thesis.

1.  I didn’t say anything about a problem arising in the first game after resumption though, did I? Or even in the first month. I said “sometime”.  I refer you back to my earlier remark about reading for comprehension. 😜 Anyway, whether pubs are open or not I’m sure  you’re aware that before a game people could be drinking at home, or in a car/on the bus/on the train en route to the ground. Hell, even you must’ve seen some of the bigger boys having a drink on the way to an away game. And what I’ve been saying all along is that changes will be made in the way that we get into and  out of games and how we behave in the grounds.  Absolutely NOT  “rolling everything else back to the way it was in February overnight“. Clear now? Sure?

2. My point was that trouble could arise outside the ground as a result of the changes to entry procedures that could be introduced post-virus.  I entirely agree with you that improved stewarding and policing should be more than able to deal with it. I fail to see though why you saw fit to bring it up as dealing with the aftermath was never an issue in anything that I said. Is it possible that you were just tap-dancing here, trying to look like you were winning a point that had never been in the debate? (Please do not feel the need to answer that. Treat it as a rhetorical question - life’s too short to waste much more time on your ramblings. Only come back if you’ve something worthwhile to say).

If we're not back playing in front of crowds by August then I'll be very surprised, however if we're not, why do people think things will change by January 2021, August 2021 or indeed any other future date plucked out of thin air ??