Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Her comment of, '“In short, the Premiership needs Hearts more than the Championship does.' is fucking classic. Up there with 'We don't do walking away', 'If you sink us, we'll sink you' and 'We won't be bullied'.

That plan can get to f**k.

19 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Either you are stupid, vt, or you're just being obtuse. Clubs have never had their external or internal layouts and facilities assessed with social distancing in mind. They will have to be before being allowed to admit spectators again. 

I've already stated that this would happen and that on several points Championship clubs would have work to do.

You said above that football fans are not morons. Unusually charitable for you. However, I had Morton's ridiculous "two queues for one admission" in mind in my earlier posts. It's a problem waiting to happen sometime. And it could well be that someday some fans, arriving late from the pub in "let's get intae thum" mood and stuck in queue #1 at 5 minutes after kickoff when somebody scores, will ignore social distancing AND stewarding in their frustration.

1) The problem of fans rolling out of the pub en masse at five to three is undermined by the simple fact that pubs will either i) not actually be open for trade yet or ii) heavily restricted in their own capacity. You seem to think that 'get fans back to the football' means rolling everything else back to the way it was in February overnight, which isn't actually going to happen here.

2) If fans ignore instructions to adhere to distancing and other safety measures then they can be denied entry/ejected from the ground/banned from future matches through the already existing combination of stewarding and club action. You don't get to waltz into an SPFL ground with a bottle of Buckfast or jump up and down on the seats (unless you're a bigot fan): you won't get to flout any new restrictions either. There is no fundamental problem here that enhanced stewarding/policing provision wouldn't deal with.

Utter nonsense? 

An apt summary of your 'Scottish football would witness the next Heysel because of people being told where to stand in a queue' thesis.

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Isnt that basically whats already been put forward and voted out?

I particularly like the way she says it for 2 years but doesnt provide a plan for how it moves back to "normal" after that :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Inverness aside, why would any championship club vote for this?  

No other club will, it’s never going to go through. I don’t really see the point in continuing talks tbh.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

No other club will, it’s never going to go through. I don’t really see the point in continuing talks tbh.

To give ol' Budgie something to do that's not going to court, I assume.

4 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

The Championship needing Partick Thistle.

E345B773-FBCB-42F4-B756-E91221A5FD23.jpeg

Jesus, I hadn’t read that far down.  What an astonishing thing to say.  Where would we be without the Maryhill pound?

St Johnstone have, apparently, joined County, Dunfermline and QOS in not extending contracts of players they intend to release to allow them to be furloughed.

No official confirmation, or explanation, but Danny Swanson has been talking about it.

Dear Ann,

We have carefully considered your proposal and wish to address each of your points individually

1) it’s no fair. Yes it is, you’ve been shite.

2) Hearts are too big to go down. 😂 aye whatever.

3) I’m gonna sue. Bring it.

In conclusion. Get doon

43 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Among all that drivel, there is one point I would accept - that if it can be done safely and the clubs think it can be done viably, then there’s probably no harm in a Premiership season going ahead, given it will safeguard the broadcasting deal which all SPFL clubs see income from (albeit not as much as they should).

But what this paper spectacularly fails to do is give any credible reason why such a Premiership season needs reconstruction, or the inclusion of Hearts.

The repeated line of “not at this time” in relation to the relegation of Hearts and Partick Thistle is astonishing - if not when these clubs are bottom, then when? If we’re looking for a semblance of sport, then that kind of rubbish - and the nonsense Strachan was spouting - is very dangerous and we should be rooting it out.

And on the specifics of this proposal, that gerrymandered Premiership playoff format should be launched into space never to return, but I suspect she hasn’t given it a single thought.

So I'm hearing that there would be a 6/8 split and the club's in the 6 would play 36 games, the club's in the 8 would play 40. 

Does this happen anywhere else, not a reason against just curious. 

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

So I'm hearing that there would be a 6/8 split and the club's in the 6 would play 36 games, the club's in the 8 would play 40. 

Does this happen anywhere else, not a reason against just curious. 

The Danish league is a 14 team league that splits and teams end up playing a different amount of games albeit it's more complicated than what this proposes . From the outside it seems pretty shite tbh.