Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

33 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

I reckon it would be worse getting into the grounds than leaving, tbh. People aren't going to start showing up in a regular steady flow from say 45 minutes before kickoff, that just won't happen. There's also the issue of squeezing past people in the stands to get to a seat, or to get out to go to the toilet, or to be first in the halftime pie queue.

No need for pie stands to be open as for passing people to get to your seat it is no worse than passing people in shops, the wearing of a face mask would also help this. Plus all this would take place outside in fresh air. All this is for football at Championship level 4 months down the line, when hopefully the infection rate has dropped. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Guest Flash

How do you keep the separate people or groups apart - have a steward between them all? If there is a goal or a penalty or whatever, people will try to race to the front or just celebrate with fans nearby. It is different in a supermarket queue because nothing is happening. Yeah, nothing much happens at Palmerston either, but you know what I mean.

Once again I hate to be in agreement with VT here but folk are treating this 2 metres like it is carved in stone at the expense of common sense IMO. Leaving a seat between people who arent in your household seems to me like a sensible and proportionate measure. Masks too if you want to crank it up a bit.

Sticking with a prescribed distance = no football

9 minutes ago, Flash said:

How do you keep the separate people or groups apart - have a steward between them all? If there is a goal or a penalty or whatever, people will try to race to the front or just celebrate with fans nearby. It is different in a supermarket queue because nothing is happening. Yeah, nothing much happens at Palmerston either, but you know what I mean.

If a goal somehow requires fully 15 minutes of celebration then the contact tracing app will be able to pick it up anyway; if not then it is of negligible importance. This idea that any sort of interaction = dangerous contagion risk is an overreaction that we'll be dialling down over coming months anyway.

13 minutes ago, virginton said:

Except that people have already been queueing to get into supermarkets etc. for weeks with distancing restrictions in place. The actual process of going through the gate isn't any slower than it normally is. Of all the supposed stumbling blocks to choose then, trust you to find the dumbest one and run with it.

You're missing the point once again, chump. As you would say yourself, try reading for comprehension.

People queue at Aldi, Morrison's, Tesco etc without issues as they aren't in any particular hurry. If the queue is too long to bother with, they go away and come back later. You see it happen all the time and it's common sense at work. There's no 3pm (or whenever) deadline applying there though.

I very much doubt that that same common sense will apply so much when a lot of people turn up 10 minutes before kickoff and all keen not to miss the start. Unless the system of queueing to by a ticket and then queueing to get through a turnstyle is changed social distancing means that it WILL take a little bit longer than normal to get in and those two sets of queues will mean that distancing is more difficult to abide by - especially given the relatively small space available outside many grounds. As kickoff time approaches and people become more agitated about getting in distancing will not be observed to any degree and, like it or not (and you obviously don't), that is one of the main planks of the current strategy.

You can celebrate at the supermarket when the queue starts to move.

2 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Championship clubs average crowds... 

_20200526_090735.JPG

There was 2407 at the Dundee v Motherwell cup game last season, social distancing would not be a problem once in your seat. (The away end was pretty crammed though, albeit all at one side.)

It was pretty easy to leave the ground too, as when 90 mins came most had already left.

If you say put a more realistic 15-20% max in grounds, clubs could potentially charge a premium price for these, if they pleaded that they had to, to cover the short fall, I think folk would still pay, or some kind of 3 month restricted seat season ticket? Could this work if we are looking at crowds returning in the new year? Along with the streaming service?

3 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

You're missing the point once again, chump. As you would say yourself, try reading for comprehension.

Your post contained nothing other than nonsense statements, which have been comprehended in their entirety. That you choose to double down on them is your own funeral.

People queue at Aldi, Morrison's, Tesco etc without issues as they aren't in any particular hurry. If the queue is too long to bother with, they go away and come back later. You see it happen all the time and it's common sense at work. There's no 3pm (or whenever) deadline applying there though.

I very much doubt that that same common sense will apply so much when a lot of people turn up 10 minutes before kickoff and all keen not to miss the start. Unless the system of queueing to by a ticket and then queueing to get through a turnstyle is changed social distancing means that it WILL take a little bit longer than normal to get in and those two sets of queues will mean that distancing is more difficult to abide by - especially given the relatively small space available outside many grounds. As kickoff time approaches and people become more agitated about getting in distancing will not be observed to any degree and, like it or not (and you obviously don't), that is one of the main planks of the current strategy.

People already queue to enter football grounds on a regular basis - indeed the bulk of the Morton home support does so every fortnight because the club bought a handful of useless turnstiles. But the people outside don't start crushing against them at kick-off time because they're not absolute fucking morons.

In any event, football clubs also employ these people called 'stewards' - with their high-vis clothing, bad breath and a mini Hitler complex - to regulate the behaviour of fans trying to enter an SPFL ground. Those who fail to meet the conditions of entry by following safety advice do not get in; it's really that straightforward.

Edited by vikingTON

20 minutes ago, virginton said:

Your post contained nothing other than nonsense statements, which have been comprehended in their entirety. That you choose to double down on them is your own funeral.

People already queue to enter football grounds on a regular basis - indeed the bulk of the Morton home support does so every fortnight because the club bought a handful of useless turnstiles. But the people outside don't start crushing against them at kick-off time because they're not absolute fucking morons.

In any event, football clubs also employ these people called 'stewards' - with their high-vis clothing, bad breath and a mini Hitler complex - to regulate the behaviour of fans trying to enter an SPFL ground. Those who fail to meet the conditions of entry by following safety advice do not get in; it's really that straightforward.

*sighs, shakes head and smiles*....... 

I realise you don't really give a toss about all the guidelines, current or future, how they're enforced or otherwise and how many people get infected. All you care about is scoring points on an Internet fitba forum. 

Here's the thing, though. Whatever you or I or anyone else spouts on here does not matter, not a jot. Whatever the guidelines are when it's deemed right to look at allowing people to attend fitba matches in any great number, each and every ground will be subject to a rigorous health and safety inspection to establish whether or not they will be able to meet those guidelines - which for the purposes of that inspection will be treated as being laid downas being enshrined in law, not just as guidelines. And despite your sneers the points I made in my earlier post will be amongst the many considerations made. Any club or any ground deemed to be unable to meet the required criteria will not be holding matches in front of spectators any time soon. 

All of this empty rhetoric of yours is as pointless as it is pompous. As the guy said two posts above, what a state to get into. 

2 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

And despite your sneers the points I made in my earlier post will be amongst the many considerations made.

Well no it won't because we've already established that it's an utter nonsense scenario. The onus of managing a crowd outside of a football ground is already taken on by stewards: clubs will likely need more of those with quite possibly the return of a small police presence at grounds as well to return to action.

Better luck next time.

Edited by vikingTON

Except that people have already been queueing to get into supermarkets etc. for weeks with distancing restrictions in place. The actual process of going through the gate isn't any slower than it normally is. Of all the supposed stumbling blocks to choose then, trust you to find the dumbest one and run with it. 

There's negligible risk of contagion from reaching your seat or a pie queue in the same way that a jogger passing within two metres of someone in the street is not actually a credible threat. The serious issues are ensuring sufficient hygiene measures are in place for common facilities like the toilets as well as sufficient space and protective measures for players, officials and club staff. Both of which would pose major problems for Cappielow right now.

Those will remain obstacles even after the UK government and then SG in turn water down and ultimately remove their social distancing requirements. 

Toilets and exiting will be the main issues as well as dealing with your average psycho football fan who might find it difficult not to celebrate by jumping about everywhere when his team scores - not a major problem for us then . . . [emoji849]

Either you are stupid, vt, or you're just being obtuse. Clubs have never had their external or internal layouts and facilities assessed with social distancing in mind. They will have to be before being allowed to admit spectators again. 

You said above that football fans are not morons. Unusually charitable for you. However, I had Morton's ridiculous "two queues for one admission" in mind in my earlier posts. It's a problem waiting to happen sometime. And it could well be that someday some fans, arriving late from the pub in "let's get intae thum" mood and stuck in queue #1 at 5 minutes after kickoff when somebody scores, will ignore social distancing AND stewarding in their frustration. And that's the lowest common denominator that the inevitable H&S inspections will be based on. Utter nonsense?  Yep, you WERE being stupid. 

4 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Either you are stupid, vt, or you're just being obtuse. Clubs have never had their external or internal layouts and facilities assessed with social distancing in mind. They will have to be before being allowed to admit spectators again. 

You said above that football fans are not morons. Unusually charitable for you. However, I had Morton's ridiculous "two queues for one admission" in mind in my earlier posts. It's a problem waiting to happen sometime. And it could well be that someday some fans, arriving late from the pub in "let's get intae thum" mood and stuck in queue #1 at 5 minutes after kickoff when somebody scores, will ignore social distancing AND stewarding in their frustration. And that's the lowest common denominator that the inevitable H&S inspections will be based on. Utter nonsense?  Yep, you WERE being stupid. 

Neither one nor the other; try attention seeking lonely moron whose only interaction with others is through social media.