Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Feel free to name which one of Ayr, Morton, Queen of the South, Arbroath or Alloa are likely to be spending more then pls. Looking at the two squads I don’t think anyone can say with confidence that Dunfermline will be either.
Caley - a club that was until recently paying Owan Fon Williams a ludicrous wage - will have a comfortable top half of the league budget. The way you and some others go on is like you’re plucky wee Alloa.

Aye Robertson gets enough credit for the job he’s done without the fans acting as if he’s working on a shoestring. Can see him being the ideal manager for Hearts next season.

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You're really not. You'll be 4th probably. Behind the two Dundee teams and probably Thistle. Dunfermline will be 5th. Ayr, Morton and us are all probably in the same rough ballpark then the two part time sides.

They are 4th. United, Dundee, Partick, them, us is the order. Unsure about the order below that.

Why are Dunfermline still behind the likes of Partick Thistle & ICT budget wise? One would have thought they'd just be fractionally less than ourselves these days considering they get around double the attendance of Partick Thistle & ICT.

Based on this:

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scottish-championship/attendances

Just now, Speroni*1 said:

Why are Dunfermline still behind the likes of Partick Thistle & ICT budget wise? One would have thought they'd just be fractionally less than ourselves these days considering they get around double the attendance of Partick Thistle & ICT.

Based on this:

Because both Partick and Inverness have still had players hanging around with Premiership playing contracts, had parachute payments to work with and, in Partick's case, probably a cash injection either directly, or indirectly (by removing other finance costs) from a multi millionaire.

Marginal attendance differences won't make up for that, and in Inverness' case they have published massive financial losses so clearly aren't budgeting round their attendances anyway.

9 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Based on this:

We cut our budget substantially over the summer to offset losses.

34 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Credit to everyone staying updated on this shitshow. I stopped caring weeks ago and none of the clubs or organisations involved deserve any respect or sympathy.

Yeah I don't give a f**k TBH. Reconstruction was never going to happen but the way this whole thing has been handled has been shambolic.

The sooner we get back to games on a Saturday to try and forget all this the better. Hopefully that will be possible.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Looks like Aberdeen now asking for an independent inquiry.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52619336

Who else wants to put up their hand?

Superb.  It will be even more fun when it’s voted down and all these clowns are left in tears.

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

You seem to know more about it than I do to having committed to one side, whether that's extreme faith in your own club's stance or simply because you just don't believe the other side because of the caliber and reputations of the complainers, I don't know. I'm keeping an open mind and not supporting my club on this until there is conclusive evidence of so far which I've seen none, only statements with allegations. Do they record all phone calls?

I quite sure this will just end up as ones word against another and we will have to move on regardless all at Rangers financial expense and finally getting round to sorting out next season if and when it fires up again.

It’s mainly the latter.  As I and others have said numerous times the SPFL is not some autonomous entity separate from its constituent parts, it IS its constituent parts.

Some clubs are unhappy with the outcome of this season and nothing will make them happy.  But Sevco is using this opportunity to settle old scores, I’m disappointed that clubs like Aberdeen are allowing themselves to get sucked in.

If clubs have an issue with Doncaster or anyone else then there’s a time to address it but it should not be on the back Sevco’s twisted agenda or Budge’s revenge mission.

Itll be funny when f**k all happens, inquiries find nothing and we go with the status quo because no c**t can agree.

Bottom teams down, top teams up and The Rangers will still be perma seething.

Football will resume around September, this will all be forgotten and people will be back to moaning about summer football by Halloween.

11 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I'll be disappointed if my club has entered into any arrangement with Rangers, we will get shafted. Never trust them, they don't care about anything but their own agenda as you say old scores, stopping Celtic's title run and undermining the SPFL at every opportunity which is all about power. They are no friend of the wee clubs and would gladly reduce other teams influence to gain more power to 'stack the decks in their favour' against their 'enemies' in Scottish football, they are obsessed with it, they are like a megalomaniac Bond villain, they are Ernst Stavro Blofeld.

If we are being honest with ourselves I think we can say that with just about any club.

7 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Credit to everyone staying updated on this shitshow. I stopped caring weeks ago and none of the clubs or organisations involved deserve any respect or sympathy.

Yup. I don't give a shiny shite what happens now. As long as there's someone having a cranial detachment, and that person is a ***. 

You've got to hand it to those at the helms of our governing bodies and clubs.

They've noticed the entertainment vacuum created by the football itself ceasing to take place, and collectively stepped right up to that plate, with their childish incompetent ways.

Hats off.

The twat at ICT, who has been leaking whatsapp messages, calling folk bullies and made a complete tit of himself on live radio the day after the original vote, was pushing for null and void even though it would cost his club £175k....but would stop the club he supports from seeing their arch rivals being awarded 9 in a row.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/secret-inverness-plan-null-void-22011151.amp?__twitter_impression=true

8 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

The twat at ICT, who has been leaking whatsapp messages, calling folk bullies and made a complete tit of himself on live radio the day after the original vote, was pushing for null and void even though it would cost his club £175k....but would stop the club he supports from seeing their arch rivals being awarded 9 in a row.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/secret-inverness-plan-null-void-22011151.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Just waiting for @TheScarf to come on and white knight him. Then tell us how Gardiner has us all seething.