Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

5 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Like the playoff game last year? Pretty sure we had 1200 or something up on a Friday night lol. Last game when we won 2-0 we had around 1k. So you are talking shite.

Hearts take around the same amount when I’ve seen games between yous two. Agreed Aberdeen and Old Firm usually sell it out.

There were more away fans at the game in November than the play off game last year.

Around 1k in November, just under in reality, and probably around 600- 750 in the playoff game. So I’m afraid you are the one talking shite.

Edited by PB1994

5 minutes ago, RiG said:

Whoop, there it is...

https://ictfc.com/club-update

Fantastic stuff!

"Without going into the specifics at this time, please know that we will testify to the bullying and threats made against our club on Friday 10th by an SPFL Board member and the threats against others by the same SPFL Board member and how these threats were “reported back to the centre” and to the SPFL CEO directly on the day with evidence at any genuine independent investigation with the proper and appropriate scope, should there be one, or at any further subsequent action thereafter. These were threats and not robust conversations."

Wow!

Hearts comfortably bring bigger crowds to east end than United.  It’s not even close.  There will be no significant boycott either.   I have little doubt they will sell out the cowden end pre-match and a good chance the north east as well depending on their form.  For the league cup game last season they had the cowden end, north east,  the end section of the main and still had a scattering in the home end.  That won’t happen all the time but they’ll be pretty reliable to have about 3500-4000. 

28 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

We had around 2500 the last time. Hearts and Hibs may bring slightly more to EEP but not much.

23 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Yeah and Arbroath? And similar size at Dunfermline, Alloa, Thistle etc?

Not saying they aren’t a bigger club because they are. However their away support isn’t that much better than ours. You will see a considerable difference in some games in the south of Scotland but that’s it.

An extra 500 fans per visit is quite allot tbh. Stop saying its a similar size at Dunfermline, it's not. 

19 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Agreed they will prob take circa 3k. We took over 2500 to EEP and Starks the last few times.

The full attendance of both sets of fans combined on your last visit to Starks Park was 2192, you brought less than 1000 fans. The other crowd was 4361 with around 2000 United fans. 

When we shared a league with Hearts they brought almost 3000 for a midweek game and sold out both away stands (just short of 4000) when we played on a Saturday. The away supports of Dundee United and Hearts are not close.

Couldn't give a toss about how many fans either bring to Clyde Riviera but the novelty of ticking off Tynecastle from the list of Scottish league grounds and a day spent in some fine bin pubs along Dalry Road will make for a better away day.

Edited by vikingTON

Good to see Rangers have opened their latest partnership branch of the brainwashed propoganda statements to the Highlands now aswell.

Not as if this will have anything to do with Inverness on the brink of going bust and not being able to sneak in through the back door to a 14 team Premiership which Scott Gardiner thought was going to happen. 

They should just merge with Ross County tbh, probably for the best since Robertson will be away to St Johnstone. 

Hearts are a bigger club than us and are much closer to most teams in the league, of course they've got a bigger away support than us. Anyone who claims otherwise is clearly mistaken.

If the argument was who takes more to Dundee, Arbroath, St Johnstone, Brechin, Aberdeen then yeah there may be more of a case for United. But come on Dunfermline and Raith are like 10 miles from Edinburgh.

Hearts are a bigger club than us and are much closer to most teams in the league, of course they've got a bigger away support than us. Anyone who claims otherwise is clearly mistaken.
If the argument was who takes more to Dundee, Arbroath, St Johnstone, Brechin, Aberdeen then yeah there may be more of a case for United. But come on Dunfermline and Raith are like 10 miles from Edinburgh.

They are of course a bigger club than United but I honestly don’t think overall their away support is any better. In some games they take more where it’s closer to Edinburgh. We take more where it’s closer to Dundee. Some it’s similar.

Their away support to Tannadice is shit as well tbh

1 minute ago, stewartyftd1 said:

They are of course a bigger club than United but I honestly don’t think overall their away support is any better. In some games they take more where it’s closer to Edinburgh. We take more where it’s closer to Dundee. Some it’s similar.

Well it clearly is. They have 15,000 ST holders, we have at best 5,000. Hearts are a much bigger club than us and take larger supports with the exception to games that are local to us. All it does is make it funnier that they're relegated.

12 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Seriously, give it up. You're in cuckoo land here. Fans of every other club are telling you you are talking nonsense, including even a United one now.

You take more fans to Dens, and I suppose possibly to St Johnstone or Aberdeen, possibly the Arbroath/ Montrose / Forfar / Brechin Tayside outliers. Otherwise Hearts are miles bigger. And of those you may have a case about only Dundee and Arbroath are relevant to next season.

23 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The Caley, and Mr Gardiner, causing record amounts of seethe. Tasty.

It reads like Mr Gardiner and the Caley are doing a fair amount of seething themselves at John Nelms to be fair.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It reads like Mr Gardiner and the Caley are doing a fair amount of seething themselves at John Nelms to be fair.

Who wouldn’t? He’s almost as out of touch as that Cameron no mark in charge of Ayr.

54 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

I’ve seen United only taking 1,940 away fans to the Dundee derby before.  I may be wrong, but I can’t imagine Hearts taking such a poor away support to Easter Road.