Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Listening to Sportsound for the time in forever and apparently we (ICT) have accused the SPFL of bullying ourselves and other teams. I hadn't seen anything about this... :unsure:

Edited by RiG

29 minutes ago, RiG said:

Listening to Sportsound for the time in forever and apparently we (ICT) have accused the SPFL of bullying ourselves and other teams. I hadn't seen anything about this... :unsure:

Wondered how long it would take yous to kick up a fuss after reconstruction didn't get yous (wrongly) promoted.

Your brothers from Glasgow will be proud. 

I've had a bit more sympathy for Partick Thistle than any of the others affected by it, but that moaning statement is quite funny. It also seems little short of moronic to publish a letter that includes this paragraph:

Firstly, this is private correspondence that we will not be making public. I would hope you would ensure that this is respected by the SPFL and its PR advisers. We have no wish to add to the ongoing divisive and increasingly distasteful debate being played out in the media.  It damages Scottish football and your recent letters, regrettably, have added to the perception of Scottish football being at war.

22 minutes ago, eibbod nehpets said:

Wondered how long it would take yous to kick up a fuss after reconstruction didn't get yous (wrongly) promoted.

Your brothers from Glasgow will be proud. 

#HandsAcrossTheA82

1 hour ago, Speroni*1 said:

The fact they had a game in hand makes it deeply unfair regardless if they've been shite or not.

Luckily for them that was taken in to account and they used points per game.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Luckily for them that was taken in to account and they used points per game.

That doesn't make a difference. They'd have had an extra game to influence that.

21 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

That doesn't make a difference. They'd have had an extra game to influence that.

The game in hand is a bit of red herring tbh. PPG does address that to a degree. Theres no guarantee that Partick would have won it and they have lost an opportunity. However, lots of teams lost an opportunity in one way or another.

You often hear managers say "I'd rather have the points on the board" and so its proved in the most deadly fashion here!

Effectively now, the season has been declared finished for Hearts, Partick, Stranraer, Cove, Raith, United and Celtic, but Null and Void for every other club as there’s no play offs.

I think Rangers,Aberdeen and Motherwell have all been awarded European places as well.

So in all likelihood that will be Hearts Championship next season with the rest of us fighting for a play off spot.
The only plus will be for much needed income in that they will bring big away supports.

Until Corona virus strikes again with another lock down and abandoned season.

So in all likelihood that will be Hearts Championship next season with the rest of us fighting for a play off spot.
The only plus will be for much needed income in that they will bring big away supports.

Unless Hearts fans decide to boycott the championship clubs that voted to end the season

48 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Unless Hearts fans decide to boycott the championship clubs that voted to end the season

If they’re stupid enough to do this I would hope fans of all the other clubs would reciprocate.

That way the other clubs would miss out on away receipts one game in ten and Hearts would miss out every game.

I thought it would be quite a while before we saw another Scottish club issuing statements as pompous, posturing, self-serving and inaccurate as the drivel coming from TheRagers recently. Didn’t take long at all, though - yesterday’s statement from Falkirk and today’s from Partick are almost as bad. Sabre-rattling when all they have are toothpicks, and enough hot air to defrost a First Division pitch in January.
I think the boards of both clubs have seen an opportunity here to deflect the antagonism of their respective supports away from the mess that the boards, managers and teams have made of the last two or three seasons and are trying to create  a bit of siege mentality to get at least some of the disenchanted back on board. I haven’t gone downstairs to check the Falkirk forum - bugger that - but already you can see some of the Partick fans starting to circle the wagons and buy into what’s being peddled. Worse, they’re already speculating about which Championship club will die before fitba restarts, so that they can take their place........    Not nice. Maybe going forward they should change their mascot from the Coronavirus to a vulture.

Haven't even mentioned Hearts, Budge and that ridiculous outburst from Deans. Bugger them an’ all.

I thought it would be quite a while before we saw another Scottish club issuing statements as pompous, posturing, self-serving and inaccurate as the drivel coming from TheRagers recently. Didn’t take long at all, though - yesterday’s statement from Falkirk and today’s from Partick are almost as bad. Sabre-rattling when all they have are toothpicks, and enough hot air to defrost a First Division pitch in January.
I think the boards of both clubs have seen an opportunity here to deflect the antagonism of their respective supports away from the mess that the boards, managers and teams have made of the last two or three seasons and are trying to create  a bit of siege mentality to get at least some of the disenchanted back on board. I haven’t gone downstairs to check the Falkirk forum - bugger that - but already you can see some of the Partick fans starting to circle the wagons and buy into what’s being peddled. Worse, they’re already speculating about which Championship club will die before fitba restarts, so that they can take their place........    Not nice. Maybe going forward they should change their mascot from the Coronavirus to a vulture.
Haven't even mentioned Hearts, Budge and that ridiculous outburst from Deans. Bugger them an’ all.
^^^Worse nick than either statement IMO.

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Absolute word salad. 1/10, would not read again.