Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

And therein lies the problem.

What can I get for nothing, rather than what can I do to improve. The same principle that underpins 4 visit from Rangers and Celtic.

Sadly it was ever thus and will continue well into the future as we all know.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

It will with Hearts though. They’ll make sure they sign a squad that will win the league at the first time of asking. The same as County two years ago. Except some of Hearts money is generated by the club itself.

Hearts will be haemorrhaging money between now and whenever football in front of crowds though. The furlough scheme is next to useless for them which is why Budge was so desperate to slash player' wages across the board; that still isn't enough to keep them on an even keel though.

The normal rules of football economics simply won't apply until the Covid restrictions are well in the rear view mirror. Next season could be a complete free for all at this level.

So in all likelihood that will be Hearts Championship next season with the rest of us fighting for a play off spot.
The only plus will be for much needed income in that they will bring big away supports.
Didn't the team in tangerine think that a few times as well?

I personally don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Hearts will come straight back up.

48 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Didn't the team in tangerine think that a few times as well?

I personally don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Hearts will come straight back up.

22 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I’d say it is.

tbf it 100% is. Will revive the Hearts Championship Juggernaut Thread in due course. 

15 minutes ago, virginton said:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/board-update-on-reconstruction-and-relegation/

A club handling itself with 'dignity' indeed, by publishing a tear-drenched, flailing dissertation about this 'injustice'.

image.gif.72940c8e2eeaf5c51fe3609ad6bffa78.gif

Get fucking doon. Stay fucking doon. Then fold.

It's been seven years now and you're still a bitter tear-stained mess. 

Partick-Thistle-v-Morton.jpg

RUxNODYxMTU4NjA=.jpg

29 minutes ago, virginton said:

I must admit I have a degree of sympathy for Partick Thistle however saying this...

What’s galling is that it all stems from the arbitrary and unjust way the club was relegated, with no say in it, which effectively saw a members’ organisation inflict damage on us, one of its members, amid the most extraordinary circumstances.

...when there was literally a vote by all clubs on the proposal is a bit of a minter.

5 minutes ago, RiG said:

I must admit I have a degree of sympathy for Partick Thistle however saying this...

...when there was literally a vote by all clubs on the proposal is a bit of a minter.

Are they not referring to the fact that it was the top flight putting a kibosh to reconstruction before the group could even put forward a proposal?

2 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Are they not referring to the fact that it was the top flight putting a kibosh to reconstruction before the group could even put forward a proposal?

Aye that's a fair point actually.

6 minutes ago, RiG said:

And, you know, the fact that over 75% of the season had been played.

"We had no say in our relegation", says the team marooned at the bottom of the table after 7 months of a 8 month season.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

And, you know, the fact that over 75% of the season had been played.

"We had no say in our relegation", says the team marooned at the bottom of the table after 7 months of a 8 month season.

The fact they had a game in hand makes it deeply unfair regardless if they've been shite or not.

Just now, Speroni*1 said:

The fact they had a game in hand makes it deeply unfair regardless if they've been shite or not.

Makes it even better, IMO.

9177964_200(3).gif.c9339f82a3076a3ca0b80d1fb188c2e9.gif