Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Can we not call the bluff of this debacle and state that, with Hearts and Partick having been relegated, that they do not benefit from restructuring of the leagues?

Hearts go down, Dundee Utd up and so the 2 teams below (ICT and Dundee) go up to make this ‘magical’ 14 team top league.

Same applies to Partick - they go into the bottom of the pile.

That’s only fair [emoji41]

There is a precedent for that. When Rangers died, Dundee went up with Ross County and Dunfermline (I think) we’re still relegated.

4 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

There is a precedent for that. When Rangers died, Dundee went up with Ross County and Dunfermline (I think) we’re still relegated.

Yes, we went down, deservedly so.

Some fans wailed about it and said Rangers dying should have saved but O disagreed then and still do. We were absolutely shite and finished bottom and totally deserved to go down. 

10 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Isn’t the whole point of the reconstruction chat not to save Hearts from relegation?

You won’t see Hearts and Dundee both in the Premiership next season unless it’s a 16 team league.

The whole ‘point’ is to pacify the stupid boot who owns Hearts.  Tell her to get too fùck quickish; this nonsense has gone on long enough.

There isn't really a solution which conquers divisions being small enough for everyone to be playing for something most of the season but large enough to eliminate seeing the same opponents 4 times a season without dropping the number of games played hugely

Disagree.
1. It is rather boring and repetitive to play only 9 other teams AT LEAST four times a year... and there are plenty of cases where this can be more due to cupties and playoffs.
2. How you define playoffs is more critical to keeping something at stake to the end of the season .
3. Linked with defining eligibility for playoffs, larger leagues mean you can consider two teams for automatic promotion/relegation and even additional playoff spots.
4. Number of games - you can adjust this easily. In leagues of 14, we’ve had playing each other 3 times per season not so long ago - ie 39 league games per season. Or you can introduce some kind of split.

I’d be keen on divisions with a minimum of 14 teams (maybe more) just to reintroduce a little more variety. All the other concerns are easily addressed.

It’s a little boring playing some random team you don’t care about.  But I wouldn’t like to only have 2 derby games next year.  Were you bored of playing Montrose?  

To an extent I think playing regularly can spice things up as grudges and tensions can build.  I kinda like the ‘lets get one over on these b*****ds who got a dodgy penalty/moaned all game/dived all the time/kicked anything that moved...’ I know that can happen in bigger leagues but the shorter time between games can keep things going better.

I’m more interested in our games vs Ayr for example due to the way things have developed over the past few seasons which I’m not sure would have occurred with 2x playing.

Ahhhh hahaahahah enjoy league 1 McCall ya clown.

MCCALL HAS SENT PARTICK DOON HA HA HA

Hearts inevitable threat of legal action will also be comedy viewing for the next couple of weeks

Edited by rb123!

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Ahhhh hahaahahah enjoy league 1 McCall ya clown.

MCCALL HAS SENT PARTICK DOON HA HA HA

Hearts inevitable threat of legal action will also be comedy viewing for the next couple of weeks

Glad we can give some people a wee bit of cheer in these troubled times. 

I said it before, we deserved to be relegated on our form, just a shame it wasn't dealt with correctly, but in the circumstances as fair as it could be. 

And we'll wait an see what the  next season brings (if it ever starts) 

15 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That’s Hearts won the league next season then.

Budge has been massively shitting it in regards to Hearts' future. Could easily see them having an car crash of a season ala Rangers in their first season in the league or romping it even better than the last time they were down as they forge a siege mentality.

There will be no middle ground.