Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Thats not a shift no matter how many times you paint it as such. 

I already said I would do the same again. What was on offer was worth it and was supposedly only on offer with a yes vote. 

Accepting that in hindsight it was wrong isnt the same as a shift. 

I thought similar to you at the time, the SFL clubs should have screwed the SPL for everything they could get to let Sevco in at the second tier. Either that or let them start again in the Juniors.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That's an opinion, not a fact. I think it was.

It may be an opinion. But when it's one held by the majority of your fanbase then I reckon your board should have listened. 

Rangers getting parachuted into the championship was wrong, even our cockwokbles in Masterton and Yorkston realised that. 

21 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Oh look, Truthy has crawled back.

A meltdown, hardly. 😂 MT and I will never see entirely eye to eye on that, or on the issue of Jim McIntyre. It's not a new debate and it's probably in the wrong place but such s the way of 

I think all that masturbating into your Rangers scarf has gone to your head. 

45 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It may be an opinion. But when it's one held by the majority of your fanbase then I reckon your board should have listened. 

Especially given that during that summer, the club actively sought fan opinion on the subject via the OS, pledging to listen and take account of views.

The return was nearly unanimous in urging the club to require Rangers to enter the bottom tier.  Clearly, the board was under no absolute obligation to vote in a way that reflected fan opinion.  To seek it, then fly in the face of it, however, would surely require a very convincing explanation.  The rationale that emerged a few days later was anything but convincing.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not a single John Grisham or Michael Connelly.  I’m calling bullshit.

Oops...wrong thread. I wonder what Neil Doncaster would have on his bookshelf?

21 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

😂

How is that any better than the (already unlikely) 14-14-14. Bottom tier gets 2 extra clubs chucked in for some inexplicable reason and also plays either 30 or 37 games.

Absolute mess top to bottom. Almost every suggested reconstruction of the leagues just looks more shit than what we have and none of them have a chance of passing a vote.

That proposal is horrendous. Personally I think the league setup we have at the moment is about as good as it gets, there are meaningful games for most teams right to the end of the season. There is no point in breaking that just to save Hearts.

Someone needs to kick Ann Budge in the pie.  Soon and hard.

If Hamilton or St Mirren had been bottom of the league at close down we wouldn’t even be entertaining this pish.

16 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

No wonder it's turning out like this. A 15 strong committee was too many, meetings must be like the planning for the Tower of Babel.

They'll spend days working this up and then Celtic, Rangers and a couple of others will say 'nah'.

7 minutes ago, The DA said:

They'll spend days working this up and then Celtic, Rangers and a couple of others will say 'nah'.

I think Hearts might be relying too much on Rangers. They've backed them with the dodgy dossier calls, but I'm not sure that backing will be reciprocated when reconstruction come to the crunch. It'll make no odds to Rangers if Hearts go down.

Rangers and Celtic would be more likely to back a 10 team division and get rid of more diddies.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I think Hearts might be relying too much on Rangers. They've backed them with the dodgy dossier calls, but I'm not sure that backing will be reciprocated when reconstruction come to the crunch. It'll make no odds to Rangers if Hearts go down.

Rangers and Celtic would be more likely to back a 10 team division and get rid of more diddies.

Hearts, Hamilton and Ross County relegated?  I could live with that.

If they think that their reconstruction plan is for the long term good of Scottish football then they must accept that 20/21 can be a transition season towards that new model. Given the probability that the next campaign will be curtailed in some form anyway, there is practical as well as sporting merit in obliging teams to play their way into each of the three new tiers: let's have two automatic promotion spots and a playoff next season in the Championship then, with Hearts still punted into it for being shite.