Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

40 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

I think he has been accountable by coming on and answering all the questions they wanted asked tbh.

The guy is on the thick end of 400k per year and still needs a controlled environment before he will speak. This whole drama has happened on his watch so should be more visible. He totally vanished for weeks then suddenly emerged after a token investigation occurred. It’s 50/50 for me whether he keeps his job or not over the next few weeks 

Just now, AyrExile said:

The guy is on the thick end of 400k per year and still needs a controlled environment before he will speak. This whole drama has happened on his watch so should be more visible. He totally vanished for weeks then suddenly emerged after a token investigation occurred. It’s 50/50 for me whether he keeps his job or not over the next few weeks 

I totally agree - he's as inept as they come and yet he still ran rings around Richard Gordon and Tom English' exclusives.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Does anyone know when this reconstruction discussion is going to be wrapped up/voted on?

Hopefully not too soon. If anyone thinks there is going to be professional football played in front of fans this year then they're kidding themselves. And as for closed door games, the EPL are having doubts about the affordability.

3 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

I totally agree - he's as inept as they come and yet he still ran rings around Richard Gordon and Tom English' exclusives.

Neither of them had the balls to treat him the way true journalists should. Thoiugh they are working for the BBC who never question anyone in power.

15 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Speaking to Richard Gordon is like speaking to your grandad. Doncaster clearly said no bullying had been reported to him. English then said he got a text from a chairman that had already reported bullying. Ideally we should have heard Doncaster’s response if all things were equal 

Just now, AyrExile said:

Speaking to Richard Gordon is like speaking to your grandad. Doncaster clearly said no bullying had been reported to him. English then said he got a text from a chairman that had already reported bullying. Ideally we should have heard Doncaster’s response if all things were equal 

He said this after the show ended, on Twitter. He made no mention of it on air and has since went completely quiet on the 'points' he made in his article last night.

It only seems like yesterday Tom English was lauded on here. Days would go by with him being labelled as well informed and not afraid to ask questions. 

It's almost as if he's always been a fucking idiot and just not sitting next to 'Packie' Bonner is showing this in all its glory. 

4 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

He said this after the show ended, on Twitter. He made no mention of it on air and has since went completely quiet on the 'points' he made in his article last night.

He read some text messages around bullying out whilst on air 

8 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

He read some text messages around bullying out whilst on air 

Why didn't he ask Gordon to mention this in his interview? Instead he continues to pedal nonsense. Your distrust/hatred of Doncaster is clouding your judgement on the performance of English here.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Does anyone know when this reconstruction discussion is going to be wrapped up/voted on?

There's no rush  :(

11 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Why didn't he ask Gordon to mention this in his interview? Instead he continues to pedal nonsense. Your distrust/hatred of Doncaster is clouding your judgement on the performance of English here.

I am not really a fan of English but he has asked questions of this from day one. More interested in what Doncaster is up to as his job helps to develop and improve Scottish football. Recent events have raised questions around his decisions and integrity. Seems to be statements coming daily so lets see who has fared better once this is all over 

Just now, AyrExile said:

I am not really a fan of English but he has asked questions of this from day one. More interested in what Doncaster is up to as his job helps to develop and improve Scottish football. Recent events have raised questions around his decisions and integrity. Seems to be statements coming daily so lets see who has fared better once this is all over 

Anyone can ask questions. They need to actually be relevant and not pointless, inane dribblings.

That's nothing to do with my view point of Doncaster who hasn't handled this at all well. But today? English has made him look semi-competent. It's embarrassing.

Tom English, along with most on Sportsound, clearly didn't understand the processes involved a couple of weeks ago. He clearly had no idea at all that clubs had already received almost all of their entitlement to guaranteed prize money, i.e. based on bottom place in each division. Since then, everything I've seen and read from his has made him come across as a slavering hoor and his repeatedly giving a platform to present Ann Budge's agenda, without any critical analysis, does him no favours at all.

I didn't hear Doncaster's interview and have only read the transcript on BBC website, but it does come across reasonably well to me, albeit he's only saying exactly what I'd expect him to. From the statements coming from the SPFL board recently, they genuinely seem pissed off at how things have been presented and I have sympathy with that view.

17 minutes ago, Socks said:

Tom English, along with most on Sportsound, clearly didn't understand the processes involved a couple of weeks ago. He clearly had no idea at all that clubs had already received almost all of their entitlement to guaranteed prize money, i.e. based on bottom place in each division. Since then, everything I've seen and read from his has made him come across as a slavering hoor and his repeatedly giving a platform to present Ann Budge's agenda, without any critical analysis, does him no favours at all.

I didn't hear Doncaster's interview and have only read the transcript on BBC website, but it does come across reasonably well to me, albeit he's only saying exactly what I'd expect him to. From the statements coming from the SPFL board recently, they genuinely seem pissed off at how things have been presented and I have sympathy with that view.

That's something that's really irked me in the past few weeks. "Why can't we give clubs the minimum amount now then the rest in time". Completely ignorant as to how the process works. 

Neil Doncaster came across well enough and made the Sportsound team look like fools. Says it all. 

40 minutes ago, Socks said:

This. I posted on this thread the day Sportsound first broadcast the debate in which English, Willie Miller, Allan Preston and I forget who else clearly had no comprehension of how the league's finances work but still wanted to haver absolute nonsense on it. It frustrated me enormously at the time. It was shoddy stuff, particularly from Miller who used to be a Chief Exec at a club and should know and English who should be better informed before providing journalistic input. I have previously thought he was one of the better ones but he was embarassing that day.

I didnt hear today's interview but will try to find it.

Edited to add - I have met Neil Doncaster a couple of times and listened to him speak on a couple more. The idea that he is some incompetent blundering fool is nonsense. I dont think he gets everything right but he has a thankless task. Lile it or not he has the support of the clubs who appoint him and could bin him any time they want.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Doncaster is a fud. He has regularly supported horrific proposals trying to keep 2 clubs happy and not the other 40. The spfl has also not conducted itself well as a whole over the last few weeks.  That said there's guys like alan burrows and ross mcarthur on the board who are respected figures and exactly who you would want involved so at least there is that,  The most prominent journalists are all terrible and are absolutely untrustworthy.  It might not be the best choice in the world but spfl vs sportsound i'd back spfl everytime.  

Just because Neil Doncaster made an absolute c**t of Tom English today doesn't mean anyone now supports him in his role as Chief Exec of the SPFL. He still needs punted, but today is the first day in his 7 year in the role that he's came out with some credit.

11 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Just because Neil Doncaster made an absolute c**t of Tom English today doesn't mean anyone now supports him in his role as Chief Exec of the SPFL. He still needs punted, but today is the first day in his 7 year in the role that he's came out with some credit.

Except of course that nearly everyone involved in running Scottish football clubs DOES still support him, regardless of your views. If the majority want him to go they merely have to vote for it. 

Pending any startling revelation from Rangers thst will likely remain the case. 

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Except of course that nearly everyone involved in running Scottish football clubs DOES still support him, regardless of your views. If the majority want him to go they merely have to vote for it. 

Pending any startling revelation from Rangers thst will likely remain the case. 

I can't think of a single fan base that would say they support Doncaster. You're absolutely right though, the head honchos love him as he's the lightening rod that takes the flak for their greed.

Rangers should be punished heavily if it turns out they've got no evidence. Don't know what the punishment should be, but they can't just be bringing the game into such a level of disrepute with allegations like that and then have very little to back it up.