Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

41 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think it would be high, given the option of watching the game or not seeing it at all you would be hitting similar (insignificant decrease) numbers.  

I wish I had your optimism. A bog standard league 1 game would be lucky to get a couple of hundred subscribers. 

3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I never gave an opinion, just showed another example of what others are doing.

Clubs in England negotiated a multi million pound deal for their TV rights, including games being shown on Amazon. 

There's an example of what others have done. 

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Why? There is no reason they would decrease their income from a normal matchday (with the exception of catering and hospitality).  

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Aye your right, there is no way clubs can sell any form of ticket to watch these matches.  It's not like the majority are set up already to broadcast matches.  

No, they will be played out behind closed doors and nobody would ever see anything of them. 

47 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

You need to charge normal (adult) gate price, the current cheaper prices that those abroad can pay to watch won't work if you are trying to replicate 75% of current income.  

I can’t believe what I’m reading here. You can’t seriously believe what you’re writing?

2 minutes ago, Ayr145 said:

when or If next season begins, what will be the derby games. Ayr-QOS

Morton-Alloa

Raith-Dunfermline

Arbroath- ICT

Dundee- Hearts.  ?

Dundee and Arbroath surely?

21 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You don't need to ask it, it'll be in the terms of the existing contract. Why would one broadcaster give away rights to another?

That's where I was coming from with the other points I made:

It's exceptional circumstances and why would there be any harm in asking if it's possible?

This is only if behind closed doors is the only way to continue in the medium term - you could have Premiership on Wed & Sat, Championship on Thur & Sun and Leagues 1 & 2 on Tues & Fri, so no games would be cutting across, or taking viewers away from the games already in the contract.

No-one ever though that the government would agree to pay 80% of your wages whilst you sat on the couch and binge-watched TV box sets on Netflix, so is it really such a stretch to just ask if additional TV matches could be shown until fans can get back into the stands???

3 minutes ago, The DA said:

Don't know about that.  I'm desperate for ANY football at the moment.

We are the minority though. On any gate you could probably wipe a third of the potential subscriptions from old boys who simply don't have access to on line viewing facilities. That's before taking into account people who will choose not too pay.

"£15.00 to watch...insert name of shite team here...on the telly, fucking liberty!"

2 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

That's where I was coming from with the other points I made:

It's exceptional circumstances and why would there be any harm in asking if it's possible?

This is only if behind closed doors is the only way to continue in the medium term - you could have Premiership on Wed & Sat, Championship on Thur & Sun and Leagues 1 & 2 on Tues & Fri, so no games would be cutting across, or taking viewers away from the games already in the contract.

No-one ever though that the government would agree to pay 80% of your wages whilst you sat on the couch and binge-watched TV box sets on Netflix, so is it really such a stretch to just ask if additional TV matches could be shown until fans can get back into the stands???

Right, well you ask them then.

If we got to a point whereby closed door games were possible instead of clubs doing a club by club subscription service which could pose several issues regarding uptake and logistics, why not a ‘league pass’ subscription type idea and potentially stagger kick off times so people can see several games on a weekend.

I’d happily pay say, £50, for a months pass that would also potentially allow me to watch other league games with a noon, 3pm and 5pm kick off time. That way money could be pooled and distributed to support clubs throughout the SPFL leagues.

I don’t doubt there would be some clubs and supporters who would peddle the whole “we are the big team, we are subsidising the wee leagues” but maybe these strange times may encourage others to think of the greater good.

Wishful thinking I know.

14 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I’d happily pay say, £50, for a months pass that would also potentially allow me to watch other league games with a noon, 3pm and 5pm kick off time. That way money could be pooled and distributed to support clubs throughout the SPFL leagues

£50, for 3 games a day. 4 times a month. 

That's about £4.50 a game. 

Will this save clubs @rb123!

Will this save clubs [mention=61949]rb123![/mention]? 

I’m sure some sort of fair pricing could be worked out, I’m merely pulling a random figure from the top of my head.

It perhaps could lead to a bigger uptake than clubs selling it on a club by club basis.

1 minute ago, super_carson said:

I’m sure some sort of fair pricing could be worked out, I’m merely pulling a random figure from the top of my head.

It perhaps could lead to a bigger uptake than clubs selling it on a club by club basis.

Are you sure it was from your head?

Just now, super_carson said:

I'm not sure we can. I think for it to work you'd need to price it at about £6 a sub to make folk want to buy it. Then, at that price you would need 4 times the usual gate just to get to where you were at money wise on gate. Then you'd have to make up the hospo money. 

It's crazy that folk think this is a feasible idea in the Scottish Championship. 

1 hour ago, Dele said:

Will this save clubs @rb123!

I never said this would save clubs but it would stem a small bit of income generated for clubs, this money on top of Government assistance would hopefully be enough to see clubs through the worst.

Government is giving out financial assistance to businesses and industries to keep them afloat so i don't understand why the footbal industry should be left to battle on by themselves. I know the clubs can use the furlough but there should be a small hardship fund aswell IMO.