Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Interview with the Budge and Tom English

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52326142

It seems to be a temporary reconstruction is favoured. 

Ann Budge seems to always talk a lot but say very little. And yet still manages to make a c**t of herself at least once.

It's an impressive trait.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Interview with the Budge and Tom English

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52326142

It seems to be a temporary reconstruction is favoured. 

I thought Budge's objections to the first vote was that discussion had been curtailed and only one option put forward but with her desire to get down to "one or two" options "very, very quickly" it seems she wants to do pretty much the same.

Even if it would save us this season, temporary reconstruction is a shiter of an idea.

This opportunity should be used to make a case for permanently expanded divisions with a better link to the pyramid below, and not this short-term pish.

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Having a painting of a giant dildo behind her is a fairly bold move. 

Screenshot 2020-04-18 at 14.41.31.png

Oooft... I totally missed that. 🤣

Admittedly I read the transcript, I couldnt bare look at that haggard face.

Guest Flash
9 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

That's a poor painting of Francis Ford Coppola's Sentinel building in North Beach San Francisco.

I thought it looked like the Flatiron Building in New York.

Just listened to Sportsound and something came to mind that I hadn't considered before. Have the SPFL f***ed over a lot of players by calling an end to the season. If the lockdown goes on much longer and the government extends the furlough scheme again, will football clubs be able to extend contracts to take advantage of this? Hopefully clubs have looked into this before voting.

(just realised that I posted this in the Partick Thistle forum by mistake so apologies for that)

7 minutes ago, ScottyG said:

Just listened to Sportsound and something came to mind that I hadn't considered before. Have the SPFL f***ed over a lot of players by calling an end to the season. If the lockdown goes on much longer and the government extends the furlough scheme again, will football clubs be able to extend contracts to take advantage of this? Hopefully clubs have looked into this before voting.

(just realised that I posted this in the Partick Thistle forum by mistake so apologies for that)

No, they've acted on government guidance to suspend football. You've probably heard of the reason why.*

There's a global pandemic. Loads of business have had to furlough employees and, in some cases, fire employees. Football won't be any different.

Ann Budge - "its unfair many clubs had to vote for something so important, without getting time to weigh up all the options and take their time over it"

Ann Budge - "we want reconstruction talks completed within 3 weeks, heres a list of 12 clubs who'll go through the process, the rest will find out at the vote. They need to decide quickly for the good of everybody though"

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

No, they've acted on government guidance to suspend football. You've probably heard of the reason why.*

Hide contents

There's a global pandemic. Loads of business have had to furlough employees and, in some cases, fire employees. Football won't be any different.

But if the season is now finished what reason do clubs have for then extending players contracts?

Just now, ScottyG said:

But if the season is now finished what reason do clubs have for then extending players contracts?

They don't have to extend the player contracts. But most players are contracted until May or June anyway.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

They don't have to extend the player contracts. But most players are contracted until May or June anyway.

But if the contracts are not extended then the governments furlough scheme wont apply any longer. (if it is extended beyond June)