Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

22 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

And yet supports them anyway.

Imagine supporting a team for reasons other than thinking they matter to others.  Your towering insecurity is competing with the relegation itself in terms of comedy value.

Think you were just whooshed MT.

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

FFS!

You are using their budget as an example.

As Scottish football proves year in year out, apart from say the top 6, budget doesn't guarantee success.

Why don't you go all the way to a crowd w**k argument?

My point was entirely from Hamiltons position as a club.

As a club theyll see more relegation spots, meaning a bottom three finish would see them relegated, and more clubs who can outspend them.

Why would they vote for that over a system that sees them avoid relegation comfortably by finishing second bottom?

Mind a few days ago when Partick roped in some Lionel Hutz figure to give his legal opinion and half of the forum concluded that it was a devastating blow to the SPFL? That hot take worked out well.

Edited by vikingTON

5 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I agree. The league also needs to bring in some level of financial fair play. The default champions are paying out more in wages than the club brought in through commercial, match day and broadcasting income.  This decision has saved their bacon for the time being at least. That strategy cant be sustainable for them or any other club going forward?

The issue now is the lack of match day income for all lower clubs. We've effectively had 25% of match day revenue removed with nothing to fill that gap.

It also looks like the SPFL won't be changing the Challenge Cup or League Cup which is understandable as they need every penny.

Can I ask one thing from you? 

How do you know what the club that won was paying THIS season?

As has been pointed out many times that was LAST years wage bill including almost an entire first team in January. 11 first teamers left after that date with only a couple coming in. Would like to see what was the figutes from July to March to see if that is this case for the season we are actually talking about. 

I'm not saying we haven't spent THIS season, especially with all the new coaches etc for elite status for the academy, Shankland, Smith, Sporle etc coming in but we also seem to have over 3500 to average gates this season. Bit would like the real figures without the snide comments.

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

My point was entirely from Hamiltons position as a club.

As a club theyll see more relegation spots, meaning a bottom three finish would see them relegated, and more clubs who can outspend them.

Why would they vote for that over a system that sees them avoid relegation comfortably by finishing second bottom?

Hamilton are the other team creating the proposal. They can hardly vote against their own recommendation.

A couple of years ago, I posted a drunken rant complaining about Thistle's then chief executive being at the vanguard of the SFA people plotting to steal Hampden from Queen's Park.  I cursed them and was roundly abused by their fans.  Two relegations for the Jags later,  guess who's laughing now?  

Here's a clue - Ha ha.

2 minutes ago, Iain said:

Hamilton are the other team creating the proposal. They can hardly vote against their own recommendation.

I'm not sure that you know how committees work. Just because Les Gray is on the reconstruction task group doesn't mean that Hamilton will support the proposal taken forward by the body as whole.

Tbh going by the latest depressing news my fears grow every day that we won't be returning to stadiums to watch our teams in August for the start of the new season. 

The way things are going it'll be 2021, I hope i'm wrong but it looks bleak with social distancing looking like it's going to be in place until there's a vaccine.

Just now, virginton said:

I'm not sure that you know how committees work. Just because Les Gray is on the reconstruction task group doesn't mean that Hamilton will support the proposal taken forward by the body as whole.

Indeed. Stewart Robertson of Rangers is on the committee that just proposed the season ending motion. It didnt prevent Rangers not only voting against it but throwing every toy they ever saw out of the pram for good measure too.

3 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

A couple of years ago, I posted a drunken rant complaining about Thistle's then chief executive being at the vanguard of the SFA people plotting to steal Hampden from Queen's Park.  I cursed them and was roundly abused by their fans.  Two relegations for the Jags later,  guess who's laughing now?  

Here's a clue - Ha ha.

Probably still us, given you still support an absolute no-mark club and have indeed have your ground “stolen” from you. 

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Tbh going by the latest depressing news my fears grow every day that we won't be returning to stadiums to watch our teams in August for the start of the new season. 

The way things are going it'll be 2021, I hope i'm wrong but it looks bleak with social distancing looking like it's going to be in place until there's a vaccine.

Thats always been likely. Its been said time and time again anyone who thinks we will kick a ball open door before August is in cuckoo land and it may be much later. There may also be subsequent second wave lockdowns too. Next season will still be a problem and actually reconstruction resulting in MORE games is probably really unwise.

1 minute ago, VladimirMooc said:

Probably still us, given you still support an absolute no-mark club and have indeed have your ground “stolen” from you. 

Seaside league forum for all this Glasgow's diddy no-mark pish.

4B61F62E-7626-4D2E-BE62-3A31CBEC845E.jpeg.fd790b659afe480e96a340c33160a944.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Thats always been likely. Its been said time and time again anyone who thinks we will kick a ball open door before August is in cuckoo land and it may be much later. There may also be subsequent second wave lockdowns too. Next season will still be a problem and actually reconstruction resulting in MORE games is probably really unwise.

Real difficulty is going to be what the hell are clubs going to do in the summer with regards to contracts expiring and signing new players, how can any club know whether there's anypoint in signing a player in July if we aren't going to be playing until 2021

Edited by rb123!

12 minutes ago, virginton said:

Sure, but that could apply just as easily to Hearts. I’m assuming they will propose something they will vote for. Admittedly that may be an assumption too far.