Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

We are a well-run, debt-free club with a proud history of rolling with the punches*

*Accepting getting shafted on a fairly regular basis. 

Tbh, this is all part & parcel of the big pantomime that is Scottish football. What's the point in getting fucked off with it anymore? 

You would think with PT main sponsor being “Employment Law” they would be able to challenge this decision. No club needs to be relegated this season. Also, the Dundee vote was a “No” . Where have you ever heard of a vote being submitted then retracted? Seriously corrupt! This whole SPFL Board need sacked as they have damaged Scottish Football forever. No respect for any of them, absolutely disgusted! Even the newly appointed board dealing with reconstruction. Without doubt only self interest there. The already relegated teams are not their priority and won’t be considered!

1 minute ago, Stormy20 said:

You would think with PT main sponsor being “Employment Law” they would be able to challenge this decision. No club needs to be relegated this season. Also, the Dundee vote was a “No” . Where have you ever heard of a vote being submitted then retracted? Seriously corrupt! This whole SPFL Board need sacked as they have damaged Scottish Football forever. No respect for any of them, absolutely disgusted! Even the newly appointed board dealing with reconstruction. Without doubt only self interest there. The already relegated teams are not their priority and won’t be considered!

Can you point out the rule Dundee broke?

13 minutes ago, thistledo said:

*Accepting getting shafted on a fairly regular basis. 

Tbh, this is all part & parcel of the big pantomime that is Scottish football. What's the point in getting fucked off with it anymore? 

You defeated the White Walkers and the army of the dead, can you not just be satisfied with that.

A Partick fan, calling other clubs dregs. The irony. These clubs are well run & do wonders for their communities. Stop crying & suck it up.
I have sucked it up, read my previous post. You were obviously the dregs of your comprehension class.

3 hours ago, Spring Onion said:

This 4 Old firm games (is that still what it's called now?) demand by tv companies that we keep hearing about. 

I wonder about this as well.

When one did go bust back in SPL days, what became clear was that TV companies needed at all costs to be able to show both Celtic and Rangers in live league games.  Hence the hasty SFL negotiations and ultimately the merging of the bodies.

They were sorry to lose OF matches, and it came at some cost, but they could live without them.

I don't understand why it's always seen as so vital, certainly to the rest of us, given where so much of the TV money heads anyway.

4 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Swift and decisive response from a football club. Probably not something you're used to m9. 

Enjoy League 1. Bottle bags.

In other news, Les Gray has announced Sky MUST have 4 OF games per season. How do we work that into a 14 team league?

1 hour ago, Speroni*1 said:

Partick Thistle's latest statement highlights they're a bunch of shitebags. All talk.

I actually think it is, largely, a fairly reasonable climbdown. Of course it IS a climbdown, and it has a load of backslapping 'we are doing this for the benefit of others' self congratulating but its a reasonable enough acceptance.

The 'debt free' bit is a little amusing though given its off the back of a massive lottery winner paying all the debt off rather than being especially 'well run'.

Still, fair play to them.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 minute ago, Speroni*1 said:

Enjoy League 1. Bottle bags.

In other news, Les Gray has announced Sky MUST have 4 OF games per season. How do we work that into a 14 team league?

Split after two rounds with top 6 and bottom 8.  Top 6 play each other home and away. 36 games.

35 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

It's you that's missing the point.

They finish 2nd bottom above clubs with higher budgets, what would now stop them finishing 3rd bottom with more teams? If they got relegated would they turn round after winning the Championship the following season and say "f**k that, it's too difficult"?

When did Hamilton last finish above 3 top flight sides?

26 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

And your club will be one of the bend over clubs and accept a 14 team league, they already accepted Dundee's reconstruction proviso.

As I have said the two money OF clubs will be the main guys in the decision and the rest will accept it, in your clubs last home game against Celtic you gave the Celtic fans three of your four stands.

You're just rambling pish. St Johnstone havent accepted anything about reconstruction, they voted before Dundee had done anything.

Your last point is just bizarre.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

When did Hamilton last finish above 3 top flight sides?

FFS!

You are using their budget as an example.

As Scottish football proves year in year out, apart from say the top 6, budget doesn't guarantee success.

Why don't you go all the way to a crowd w**k argument?

12 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Congratulations that you're swiftly and decisively joining the seaside leagues pal.

I'll swiftly and decisively boot yer baws m9. Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I wonder about this as well.

When one did go bust back in SPL days, what became clear was that TV companies needed at all costs to be able to show both Celtic and Rangers in live league games.  Hence the hasty SFL negotiations and ultimately the merging of the bodies.

They were sorry to lose OF matches, and it came at some cost, but they could live without them.

I don't understand why it's always seen as so vital, certainly to the rest of us, given where so much of the TV money heads 

I would just like to see the clause in the contract, if one of them was to get into financial trouble again, administration and then docked points then what has this clause got to say about it. 

Always feels like any league reconstruction talks, tv deal contract talks are centred around 4 games between them and never about anything else. 

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

FFS!

You are using their budget as an example.

As Scottish football proves year in year out, apart from say the top 6, budget doesn't guarantee success.

Why don't you go all the way to a crowd w**k argument?

Because he's a St Johnstone fan!