Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Why don't we do a one season 42 team jumbo sized super league for the laughs.

No promotions or relegation, everyone's a winner.

Would be great fun.

Celtic away to Cove the day they can seal the title 😂

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Any temporary reconstruction requires a top flight season with multiple automatic relegation spots, instead of just one, dependent on how much you expand.

You need 11 top flight clubs to back that.

So initially you said that reconstruction had zero chance, when I then pointed out Dundee's reconstruction proviso which was accepted you now expand on whats required for reconstruction.

Very odd.

Adios.

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

So initially you said that reconstruction had zero chance, when I then pointed out Dundee's reconstruction proviso which was accepted you now expand on whats required for reconstruction.

Very odd.

Adios.

What?

Reconstruction has zero chance of happening because 11 top flight clubs need to back it. 

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You think Hamilton see 3 automatic relegation spots, and potentially Hearts, Dundee United, Dundee and ICT all being added to the league, and think their chances of relegation are greatly reduced?

We will not be getting promoted and they have all been banging on in the top league (including yourself) of how shite Hearts are, now they are some sort of threat?

For next season only, have two divisions in Scotland - current Premiership & Championship as Top League, and current League1 & League 2 as Lower League. Scrap the League Cup and start the season with a playoff between current bottom of Championship & Top of League 1 for right to play in top league next season. The two leagues play out as normal, with top 12 and bottom 10 in the top league making up the top two leagues for the season after, and top 10, bottom 10 in the second lower league making up the two lower leagues for the season after.  If the Highland League & Lowland League champions want in on the action, then they and the bottom of League 2 take part in a mini tournament at the same time as the playoff mentioned above.

Just now, johnnydun said:

We will not be getting promoted and they have all been banging on in the top league (including yourself) of how shite Hearts are, now they are some sort of threat?

I'm pointing out that under Budges plan Hamilton will see multiple clubs with far bigger budgets coming into the league, and also a season of increased relegation spaces. 

Why would they think that makes them safer?

15 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

You're also going to require a fair chunk of League 2 teams, dregs like Stirling and Brechin, to outperform Kelty and Brora or get papped out of the national leagues, possibly for good.

Reconstruction is only needed at the bottom but I can't see them going for it.

A Partick fan, calling other clubs dregs. The irony. These clubs are well run & do wonders for their communities. Stop crying & suck it up.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I'm pointing out that under Budges plan Hamilton will see multiple clubs with far bigger budgets coming into the league, and also a season of increased relegation spaces. 

Why would they think that makes them safer?

Us, ICT, United, St Mirren, Partick Thistle and Hearts this season all had bigger budgets than Accies, but they continue to finish above them.

Us, ICT, United, St Mirren, Partick Thistle and Hearts this season all had bigger budgets than Accies, but they continue to finish above them.

Well done.

But if you owned Hamilton, would you be accepting these clubs into the league, and increased relegation spots, ahead of the current structure?

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well done.

But if you owned Hamilton, would you be accepting these clubs into the league, and increased relegation spots, ahead of the current structure?

With the increased relegation spots comes more teams to fill them, it cancels itself out. Every season a club comes up with a bigger budget than Accies (apart from possibly Livi), every club wants to compete at the highest level, why not them? If I owned them I would be all for it and I think their guy on the task force is all for it too.

With the increased relegation spots comes more teams to fill them, it cancels itself out. Every season a club comes up with a bigger budget than Accies (apart from possibly Livi), every club wants to compete at the highest level, why not them? If I owned them I would be all for it and I think their guy on the task force is all for it too.

You're missing the point.

Just now Hamilton can finish second bottom and survive. You add in 2 higher paying clubs, and two relegation spots, and their chances of relegation go up in the eyes of their owners.

Why would they vote for it?

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

You're missing the point.

Just now Hamilton can finish second bottom and survive. You add in 2 higher paying clubs, and two relegation spots, and their chances of relegation go up in the eyes of their owners.

Why would they vote for it?

It's you that's missing the point.

They finish 2nd bottom above clubs with higher budgets, what would now stop them finishing 3rd bottom with more teams? If they got relegated would they turn round after winning the Championship the following season and say "f**k that, it's too difficult"?

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Partick going out with a whimper in their latest statement. Surprised they're not at least giving the legal challenge a go.

Partick, all wind and pish.

A temporary measure however, is even more brazenly simply about saving Hearts.
  Even the pretence that this is about reconstruction in pursuit of some greater good, would have to be dropped.

Why is this all of a sudden about “saving” any team, when 3 are being relegated unjustly, 3 being promoted having not earned it and 2 at least another 2 not getting the chance to be promoted ?

Let’s do it for 1 season only.

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What?

Reconstruction has zero chance of happening because 11 top flight clubs need to back it. 

And your club will be one of the bend over clubs and accept a 14 team league, they already accepted Dundee's reconstruction proviso.

As I have said the two money OF clubs will be the main guys in the decision and the rest will accept it, in your clubs last home game against Celtic you gave the Celtic fans three of your four stands.