Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

24 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It is odd. I don't know where Robbie lives currently but I hope neither had to drive to get there.

I was thinking the same. I doubt they walked back.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Radio Five Live. Chris Sutton criticising the SPFL for looking stupid but that they eventually got to the right decision. However it's very harsh on Partick Thistle who had a game in hand on Alloa who were 9th apparently and he feels sorry for John Neems the Dundee Chief Exec.

Finger on the pulse as usual Chris. 🙄

He's the Scottish football shock jock. Taken the mantle from Craig Burley when he headed off to America. Sutton was raging yesterday at Nelms, now he feels sorry for him.

18 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

The answer's on the yellow banner behind them.

Terrible decision making from them in the current climate if it is a recent photo. As NHS staff fight to keep people alive during a global pandemic, these two chumps decide to defy National advice and guidelines for some posturing. Classless. 

He sent it tonight. 

1 minute ago, Speroni*1 said:

He's the Scottish football shock jock. Taken the mantle from Craig Burley when he headed off to America. Sutton was raging yesterday at Nelms, now he feels sorry for him.

Yeah, my point wasn't about his opinion but more about the fact he got Nelms name wrong and thinks Alloa were 9th. That's how well informed he is.

To be fair he is the first commentator on Radio to date that I've heard actually acknowledge that most Scottish contracts end on 31 May, not 30 June as seems to be generic in England and therefore assumed to be what happens everywhere.

On 14/04/2020 at 17:18, Hammer Jag said:

Had a wry smile when I saw all the diddies creaming their pants on our thread last night. People really should know better by now.

6 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Just liquidate Dundee now, please.

uY1abv7.gif

10 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

He’s found his level at last emoji1309.png

As has his defensive partner Tam O'Ware. Awful quiet on his Twitter feed account tonight, but I'm sure he can look forward to 'playing at a higher level of the game' against dogshite like Forfar and Clyde next season.

4371aeb9-9bbe-4b7b-9d92-7f97eb024abe.thumb.jpg.ddce067d59a1c6dae4c73f79dc739e86.jpg

57 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

EVqit6_XYAMtkuQ?format=jpg&name=large

You would have thought that rather than drinking Corona he would have been drinking the lager in the photo below.  

If you haven’t heard of the lager before it was admittedly good in the early 80s but after changing the ingredients and management it went downhill pretty rapidly.  The sad thing is a lot of people that still drink it still like to think it’s as good as it has always been.

44E2CA5F-527A-444C-BF9C-B76AED4F3EA2.jpeg

What an absolute martyr John Nelms is by the way. Taking all this abuse and undue torment when his sole aim was clearly to provide entertainment and a few days relief from the perpetual talk of fucking coronavirus. You should all be out applauding him from your doorsteps at 8pm tomorrow night, you ungrateful b*****ds. 

42 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Wow.

They 'needed' to meet for some public drinking.

Morons.

Probably dogging m9. Still not essential. Silly DAB c***s. Thank you.

Guest Flash
26 minutes ago, The Master said:

Was that part of the resolution, or commentary on the resolution?

I wondered that too. It looks like a statement of what will happen under the current rules if the resolution is passed. Which would mean if the rules were changed to accommodate reconstruction, the consequences could be different. 

This feels quite clever from the SPFL (so presumably not Doncaster's idea).

Offer a place to Ann Budge on the reconstruction team.  If she declines then it shows that she wasn't serious about working in partnership with other clubs to find a solution.  If she agrees then Hearts have effectively withdrawn from the opposition, leaving Partick fairly isolated (if we ignore Sevco howling at the moon about Private Eye articles).

I genuinely have no idea what Nelms thinks he has achieved.  There was a commitment to look at reconstruction before the vote.  There is now a commitment with some names in the frame for the working party.  The likelihood of reconstruction is still pretty much the same.

This feels quite clever from the SPFL (so presumably not Doncaster's idea).
Offer a place to Ann Budge on the reconstruction team.  If she declines then it shows that she wasn't serious about working in partnership with other clubs to find a solution.  If she agrees then Hearts have effectively withdrawn from the opposition, leaving Partick fairly isolated (if we ignore Sevco howling at the moon about Private Eye articles).
I genuinely have no idea what Nelms thinks he has achieved.  There was a commitment to look at reconstruction before the vote.  There is now a commitment with some names in the frame for the working party.  The likelihood of reconstruction is still pretty much the same.

The ONLY way Nelms has achieved anything out of this, is if the league kicks off with 16 teams in it. Otherwise, what an absolute disaster he's had.

Headed over to the Falkirk Thread expecting to see the heads absolutely gone and i'd get a good laugh out of it, however they're surprisingly quiet.

It's just full of gloating Raith Rovers fans.

Tbh they have been absolutely shafted by this, wouldn't mind them back in the championship next season tbh.

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:
Headed over to the Falkirk Thread expecting to see the heads absolutely gone and i'd get a good laugh out of it, however they're surprisingly quiet.
Tbh they have been absolutely shafted by this, wouldn't mind them back in the championship next season tbh.

Nah yer alright. It's been bliss not having to read crowd-wanking threads for a season. I'll stick with bypassing them next season on our way down...

I miss Bairnardo though. 

Edited by 19QOS19

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

There was no prospect of Falkirk going up short of reconstruction so this news really doesn't change anything for them. 

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Nah yer alright. It's been bliss not having to read crowd-wanking threads for a season. I'll stick with bypassing them next season on our way down...

The pies at Falkirk were decent and the away end had a good view, that was about the only good things. Anytime i've been there it's always bloody freezing.

Also the quick easy exit onto the M9 to get away as quick as possible is an added bonus!

Edited by rb123!