Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Too long.  But at least when we got relegated I didn’t bitch and moan about it.

Good for you sweetheart.

I didn't hope our local rivals would ask to hand the title to us myself, but here we are.

What if this is all just a plot to keep us all entertained while no football is being played? It's working. 

Then at the end of it, it'll just be a fairly reasonable solution that obviously involves relegating Thistle and maybe pissing of the h*ns, cos... funny? 

23 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

To be fair when you got relegated you had played the full season.  You can see the Hearts fans point, there were enough points left for Hearts still to be safe, so it was a different scenario

This is the only proposal of reconstruction i'd favour, thinks it's a pretty good format with more teams in each league meaning less repetitiveness and also each season will have more changes of teams in each league. Only drawback is playing each other just 2 times a season and then a top/bottom half split works out at just  32 games a season instead of the current 36 (If my maths is correct). However the reduction of 4 games in a season could allow for a months winter break for all leagues in Scottish football and also ease congestion at the end of the season from rescheduled winter postponements. Also i'd trim the play offs back to just one game at each stage so the team trying to come up isn't shafted with as many games as the current format does.

And yes i'm very bored hence why i took the time to make this.

Scottish Football Reconstruction.png

Edited by rb123!

4 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Does anyone have any fucking clue what the Dundee stance is after that statement? I think I'm actually less the wiser than before it.

They are saying they are doing everything they can to try and muster enough support from other clubs to have your tinpot outfit kept in the Championship, unfortunately this is being laughed at, so they are also trying to get the other clubs to support in giving you extra financial help for when you do go doon.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

They are saying they are doing everything they can to try and muster enough support from other clubs to have your tinpot outfit kept in the Championship, unfortunately this is being laughed at, so they are also trying to get the other clubs to support in giving you extra financial help for when you do go doon.

Why the hissy fit at the Thistles?

28 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The last time I checked you got to play a full slate of 38 league games, and the team immediately above you didn't get to play an extra game.

Just now, johnnydun said:

Because they can't be trusted with private conversations.

So, in your view, stating what had been said and agreed between the three clubs after the fact is poorer form and less trustworthy than completely reneging on what was agreed and inviting better offers from the big boys and administrators (oops, sorry for using that term...)? 

4 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

So, in your view, stating what had been said and agreed between the three clubs after the fact is poorer form and less trustworthy than completely reneging on what was agreed and inviting better offers from the big boys and administrators (oops, sorry for using that term...)? 

Calm down Keith.

Dundee’s statement yesterday said they would ‘look to give a much more substantial account of the past few days at the conclusion of this process.’

Today’s statement appears to at least attempt to give a more substantial account of the past few days. Does that suggest we are almost at the conclusion? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part? 

12 minutes ago, third lanark said:

To be fair when you got relegated you had played the full season.  You can see the Hearts fans point, there were enough points left for Hearts still to be safe, so it was a different scenario

Absolutely. Hearts weren't the bookies' favourite to go down, and I genuinely believe they would have avoided finishing in bottom place were the season to have been completed.

1 minute ago, VictorOnopko said:

Yes, it was petty and knee jerk from both Thistles to run to the media with it.

What offers from "big boys and administrators"? You been reading the Record?

20 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Does anyone have any fucking clue what the Dundee stance is after that statement? I think I'm actually less the wiser than before it.

They still seem under the belief the SPFL board can force reconstruction of the top flight.

1 minute ago, The Reverend said:

Absolutely. Hearts weren't the bookies' favourite to go down, and I genuinely believe they would have avoided finishing in bottom place were the season to have been completed.

They were 4 points from safety and had won just 1 game against bottom half sides in the whole season, headed into the split.

They were getting relegated quite comfortably.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

They were 4 points from safety and had won just 1 game against bottom half sides in the whole season, headed into the split.

They were getting relegated quite comfortably.

public-news-tmp-85019-meg--default--301.

You're not ageing well.

1 minute ago, Speroni*1 said:

You're not ageing well.

TBF its true, even if you look at them since sacking Levein they were standouts for relegation.

I looked up the bottom half table for a relegation thread, and they'd collected 5 less points than anyone else in that time, and the next worse (Ross County) had two games in hand. 

Anyone who genuinely expected them to survive at this stage is at it.