Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Not sure it was more "disappointing and regrettable" of PT and ICT to tell others that Dundee had agreed to vote No than it was for Dundee to a) f*ck up the submission of their vote; b) withdraw their vote;  then c) go to ground for nearly 4 days while everyone wondered what the hell was going on - as indeed we still don't.  Absolutely bizarre to be finger pointing at the two Thistles here.

Whoever writes Dundee's statements has an incredible knack for writing self-indulgent word salads which don't actually say anything.

I'm not a 'conspiracy theorist' but I would like to know why it took a bounced e-mail to make Dundee feel compelled to be the white knight of Scottish football, when beforehand they clearly weren't fussed.

2 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Whoever writes Dundee's statements has an incredible knack for writing self-indulgent word salads which don't actually say anything.

I'm not a 'conspiracy theorist' but I would like to know why it took a bounced e-mail to make Dundee feel compelled to be the white knight of Scottish football, when beforehand they clearly weren't fussed.

Drysdale.

14 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

If what we achieved in our pause was presented by the SPFL in the first instance we would have voted in favour of the proposal.

This is the most interesting part for me. It certainly suggests they are likely to change to a yes.

So is Nelms saying two other clubs changed their position from what was agreed previously? So that means those clubs weren’t ICT or Thistle as they had been clear that they were voting no? I’m confused.

1 minute ago, Muggy said:

So is Nelms saying two other clubs changed their position from what was agreed previously? So that means those clubs weren’t ICT or Thistle as they ha even clear that they were voting no? I’m confused.

Seems like Aberdeen had been poised to vote No at one point.

How is giving relegated clubs additional money putting them on a more 'equitable footing' with the rest of the league? It gives them a clear advantage over the rest of the league they're in. There's nothing 'equitable' about that at all. Not only should we not be adding more parachute payments, we should get rid of them all totally.

Also:

33 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Also, we are sorry to disappoint all of the conspiracy theorists by saying that we were never exposed to any ‘deals’ from either of the Glasgow giants. They both acted, as we would expect, with complete professionalism

Boak. It's not true either, especially where Sevco are involved.

To me, it reads as: Reconstruction needs to be involved and in place for next season in order for us to vote yes. If not, we vote no.

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

As much as Dundee are pushing for constructive, concrete discussions on reconstruction, when a motion is put to the premiership clubs it won't pass because a vote of 11-1 is required

Aside from Rangers, who else sees a reason to vote against this? I'm struggling with your constant claims of this.

3 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Dundee are a total bloody embarrassment to themselves and our game.

f**k up, Mr. Irrelevant. We're fighting tooth and nail to help Scottish football be the best version it can be, whatever the cost.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Just now, Dele said:

For trying to better the game up here and having a backbone? 

Strange stance to take, tbh. 

For behaving in a dishonest and opportunistic manner that is achieving nothing then trying to shift the blame elsewhere.  These deranged statements read like they came from the desk of Donald Trump.

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

For behaving in a dishonest and opportunistic manner that is achieving nothing then trying to shift the blame elsewhere.  These deranged statements read like they came from the desk of Donald Trump.

I don't know what you heard about me
But a bitch can't get a dollar out of me
No Cadillac, no perms, you can't see
That I'm a motherfucking H-M-I-P.

As much as Dundee are pushing for constructive, concrete discussions on reconstruction, when a motion is put to the premiership clubs it won't pass because a vote of 11-1 is required

14 team top flight can pass IMO.

It would likely be structured in a way that gives the top 6 or 8 an even split in terms of home/away games with the old firm coming twice. Top of the split can live with that.

Bottom sides will have a better chance of retaining their top flight status. Maybe a bit of diluted prize money but the broadcasting deal preserved with 4 OF games.

I don't think anyone will be singing and dancing about it but I think it can break the impasse and pass.

Just now, Twinkle said:

Dundee fans are great entertainment emoji38.png

Haven’t you heard?  They’re fighting tooth and nail to make Scottish football the best version of itself it can be.  They’re disguising this virtue through the prism of utter incompetence so it’s easy to miss.