Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 hour ago, bad chad said:

Daft question perhaps... 

Would it not be possible for the SPFL to strike down this resolution, and ask for a vote on a new, almost exactly the same resolution, but with a hard and fast deadline? 

It would shut all this down quite quickly. 

Far too sensible for this site.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

The majority of fans are against regional leagues (which is why regional leagues are almost always suggested by fans of clubs in the top leagues and not those of the bottom 2). Not sure about the clubs though! But if enough fans voiced their displeasure then that could be enough to stop any such nonsense in said hypothetical scenario.

Regional leagues are a nonsense - the L1/2 clubs long ago committed to a national league.  In Spfl there are 6 north clubs and 3 south more or less - the rest are central belt - there isn’t a true north and south so that makes no sense

10 minutes ago, Flash said:

Does that mean if there were sufficient no votes to prevent the resolution from being passed they’d need to wait the full 28 days before they could declare it because any of the no votes could be changed in that period?  So if Dundee vote no this week, we still won’t know the outcome until the 28 days are up?

That was my thinking. 

I suppose if there were enough NO votes to prevent it passing, then the horse-trading would begin to get enough clubs to change to YES. 

Hence only YES votes being final. 

Dundee are just circumventing this part to get all the concessions for themselves - nothing illegal with that, just a wee bit c#nty the way they've done it. 

32 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

All talk of banter and such aside, I think this farce has gone on for too long now and Dundee have already been damaged badly by it. I think Nelms needs to submit a 'No' vote today due to the questionable legitimacy of the resolution, as well as to push the eyes back onto the SPFL to fix this situation.

It’ll be interesting to see which side of the erse cheeks finally hates Dundee.

7 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'm fairly certain there's a certain act that backs up my argument.

image.png.7158e598f8a7323f653585409917cbaf.png

Of course it looks like pish to you though. Would do through a pair of these.

So nothing there about retracting a 'no' vote then.  As I said, it sounds like made up pish to me as does your statement that, "a certain act that backs up my argument."

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

So nothing there about retracting a 'no' vote then.  As I said, it sounds like made up pish to me as does your statement that, "a certain act that backs up my argument."

Well it supports the view that there is a 28 day period to get the resolution agreed and that yes votes cannot be revoked 

13 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

There's nothing there about retracting a 'no' vote because there is no formal procedure for registering a 'no' vote.

You can either explicitly agree to a resolution, or note vote at all. 

Which raises the question as to why 'no' was an option in the first place. If it was to try and expedite the process, they should have issued voting slips with only 'yes', but also requested that any club not intending to agree should say so in writing. 

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

On top of all the other expenses clubs are trying to cover it looks like Dundee will have to spend a few quid on I.T. and Patrick Thistle will have a huge legal bill!

You can't move for QC's at Firhill - we'll be able to get someone to do it pro bono. 

And if not, we'll just get the Weir estate to cover it. 

2 minutes ago, bad chad said:

You can't move for QC's at Firhill - we'll be able to get someone to do it pro bono. 

And if not, we'll just get the Weir estate to cover it. 

Yeah I’m sure a pro-bono, Thistle supporting Counsel’s opinion will be seen as impartial.

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He is right though. The 28 days is required by the Companies Act. It cant be changed or reduced. They can ask members to vote earlier (as they did) but cant overrule it or make it mandatory.

That's not right. The time limit is specified in the Articles of Association; 28 days is the default position if the Articles are silent.