Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Are Dundee fans still pretending that their vote on a single issue - ie whether to finish the league now or not, is somehow an incredible bargaining chip in securing something that the people they're negotiating with don't have the power to give them. Nelms and co appear to be trying to play 4D chess on a dartboard.

I don’t have enough info to make up any sort of sound analysis. It’s a shambles though, that much is clear.

Daft question perhaps... 

Would it not be possible for the SPFL to strike down this resolution, and ask for a vote on a new, almost exactly the same resolution, but with a hard and fast deadline? 

It would shut all this down quite quickly. 

7 hours ago, rb123! said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5493426/spfl-murdoch-maclennan-order-probe-dundee-mystery-email/

Oh dear Dundee could be in bother here if the SPFL blames Dundee for Friday nights fiasco, i mean lets be honest the SPFL aren't going to blame themselves are they. 

Drysdale's email account is to be searched apparantly, this could spectacularly backfire on Dundee if they were found to be lying on Friday, what a laugh that would be.

We'll they're obviously wanting to check Dundee computers to make sure the original vote email was actually sent at the stated time. 

If there's no evidence of the email being sent at Dundee's end then they've clearly lied to buy more time 

6 hours ago, rb123! said:

Fine and a points deduction would be a great laugh, even if there was any wrong doing though i doubt you'd get anything other than a slap on the wrist.

I think it's the tone of desperation I enjoy the most in this thicko's posts. 

"Fine and a points deduction" indeed.

😂

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5493426/spfl-murdoch-maclennan-order-probe-dundee-mystery-email/

Oh dear Dundee could be in bother here if the SPFL blames Dundee for Friday nights fiasco, i mean lets be honest the SPFL aren't going to blame themselves are they. 

Drysdale's email account is to be searched apparantly, this could spectacularly backfire on Dundee if they were found to be lying on Friday, what a laugh that would be.

I’m not sure the Spfl really want to investigate or actually want to find anything here. Sounds like more of a pr exercise to deflect attention and avoid an independent investigation that may uncover and expose the real goings on 

17 minutes ago, bad chad said:

Daft question perhaps... 

Would it not be possible for the SPFL to strike down this resolution, and ask for a vote on a new, almost exactly the same resolution, but with a hard and fast deadline? 

If Dundee called it No then they could easily sound out across the league what could work then run a quick vote on another resolution. I doubt they could come back with an identical one if it had failed.

Edited by rainbowrising

That Sun story could find that he lied to the wee Whats App group and that the vote was still waiting to go. Cant see that being a crime as such, up to him if he wants to misinform his WA Group. Could be misleading his Board too though (hence Nelms sending the other email). 

6 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'm fairly certain there's a certain act that backs up my argument.

image.png.7158e598f8a7323f653585409917cbaf.png

Dundee didn't (apparently) agree to the resolution.

15 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Dundee didn't (apparently) agree to the resolution.

Yeah, but reading that it means that while agreement may not be revoked, no such limit applies to disagreement. So you can say no as many times as you like, so long as you say yes once in that period...

Edited by renton

With reconstruction a top league of 14 with 2 automatic relegation. Second league of 12, 1 automatic promotion and 2-5 in a play off, Championship in England style. Then the 2 leagues of 10 remaining the format they are at the moment. Revamp the challenge cup by removing the youth and foreign sides and having only L1 L2 and lowland highland / new leagues. That gives the championship clubs more room in the calendar early on for extra lesgue midweek matches that will be brought with 2 extra clubs. 

All talk of banter and such aside, I think this farce has gone on for too long now and Dundee have already been damaged badly by it. I think Nelms needs to submit a 'No' vote today due to the questionable legitimacy of the resolution, as well as to push the eyes back onto the SPFL to fix this situation.

Some of my lawyer friends admitted to being confused why there was a “Yes v No” voting slip at all, as it’s more normal for disagreement to be passively expressed in this context.

I can only assume the contention is that for this type of resolution, 3 Championship No votes at any given time causes the resolution in question to fall, and that votes are therefore at that point final. This may or may not be right.

4 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Some of my lawyer friends admitted to being confused why there was a “Yes v No” voting slip at all, as it’s more normal for disagreement to be passively expressed in this context.

I can only assume the contention is that for this type of resolution, 3 Championship No votes at any given time causes the resolution in question to fall, and that votes are therefore at that point final. This may or may not be right.

Or that a staffer at the SPFL/ Doncaster made them up on Word and sent them out without consulting legal.

Or this is normal custom and practice because every other time people have been able to send a decision in good time and stick to it and like all these type of things it's never an issue until it's an issue.

With reconstruction a top league of 14 with 2 automatic relegation. Second league of 12, 1 automatic promotion and 2-5 in a play off, Championship in England style. Then the 2 leagues of 10 remaining the format they are at the moment. Revamp the challenge cup by removing the youth and foreign sides and having only L1 L2 and lowland highland / new leagues. That gives the championship clubs more room in the calendar early on for extra lesgue midweek matches that will be brought with 2 extra clubs. 

Something like this - but it’s always struck me as a tad unfair in England where the team that finishes 3 bottom of the Prem goes down but the team that finishes 9 places beneath them has a chance to go up.

It would be interesting to know if there’s any agreement amongst leagues 1 and 2 to change these to North and South.

Daft question perhaps... 

They can't have a hard and fast deadline, 28 days is required under the rules.

Guest Flash
47 minutes ago, renton said:

Yeah, but reading that it means that while agreement may not be revoked, no such limit applies to disagreement. So you can say no as many times as you like, so long as you say yes once in that period...

Does that mean if there were sufficient no votes to prevent the resolution from being passed they’d need to wait the full 28 days before they could declare it because any of the no votes could be changed in that period?  So if Dundee vote no this week, we still won’t know the outcome until the 28 days are up?

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Something like this - but it’s always struck me as a tad unfair in England where the team that finishes 3 bottom of the Prem goes down but the team that finishes 9 places beneath them has a chance to go up.

It would be interesting to know if there’s any agreement amongst leagues 1 and 2 to change these to North and South.

The majority of fans are against regional leagues (which is why regional leagues are almost always suggested by fans of clubs in the top leagues and not those of the bottom 2). Not sure about the clubs though! But if enough fans voiced their displeasure then that could be enough to stop any such nonsense in said hypothetical scenario.

All talk of banter and such aside, I think this farce has gone on for too long now and Dundee have already been damaged badly by it. I think Nelms needs to submit a 'No' vote today due to the questionable legitimacy of the resolution, as well as to push the eyes back onto the SPFL to fix this situation.
Whether it's a no vote or a yes vote, I agree, get this done so we can move on to next stage.

2 minutes ago, Flash said:

Does that mean if there were sufficient no votes to prevent the resolution from being passed they’d need to wait the full 28 days before they could declare it because any of the no votes could be changed in that period?  So if Dundee vote no this week, we still won’t know the outcome until the 28 days are up?

Is my reading of it, but I wouldnt claim legal competence on it.