Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

It’s literally not [emoji23]
They’ve went to the fans asking for money due to “financial burden that needs to be managed carefully. Financially this is an extremely difficult time for the club. After initially being told the organisation was there to assist our club with monies” we have been told to f**k off “therefore we are formally  announcing DUFC will no longer recognise Dundee Utd Supporters as a partner going forward.”

Yep, as suspected, a havering c**t

Enjoy your night

15 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Declare the season null and void as has happened in England's non-league divisions.

That required a lot of agreement across a lot of leagues some with 16 games left. Financially clubs are left at the door of Government funding schemes now in place.  Is that where we want to be?

2 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Yep, as suspected, a havering c**t

Enjoy your night

😂 they asked for money because of financial hardship and got offered a loan 😂 plus wanted a seat on the board. Mark seems majorly pissed off. 

The fed statement as well is faf.  

2 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

That be more unpopular than the original option. 

No doubt about that.

My main preference would be for completion, even if it means truncating next season.  Failing that, I'd scrap the lot. 

Neither sound viable though, so I'd settle for what's been proposed.  I prefer it to restructuring.

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That's already established to have been untrue. The SPFL can release the money in the form of a "loan" without establishing how the season will end.

Loans may not necessarily suit every club, interest free or not. Might also take a bit more time to organise.

37 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

No conclusive proof that that's what happened. Assuming it is, it's my understanding that a no vote could be revoked. So what's up with that?

Thistle's lawyers disagree - https://cdn-5dd296c4f911cc1c581d2ef3.closte.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/2020.04.14-FINAL-Rev_Redacted-Joint-Opinion-PTFC-.pdf

36. The sender of the email has confirmed when it was sent, and the SPFL have confirmed it was in fact received. The Dundee Rejection Vote was therefore deemed to have been cast at 4.48pm when it was sent. In particular, it is our opinion that the Dundee Rejection Vote 1 We consider this word to be an obvious omission that a court would read in as a matter of interpretation: Mannai Investments co Ltd v Eagle Star Insurance Co Ltd [1997] AC 749. 12 had legal effect at that time, rather than when it was (later) received. In our view, neither the contractual effect of the Articles nor their content could be varied by a unilateral written notice (which we have not seen) apparently sent for and on behalf of Dundee that “any attempted vote from the club should not be considered as cast”. The subsequent conversations in terms of which it is said that the vote has not yet been cast, are inconsistent with the actual vote having been executed and having had effect when it was sent at 4.48pm on Friday 10 April. 

37. The consequence of the proper construction of Art 185, in our opinion, is that it was no longer open to Dundee to seek to withdraw their vote subsequent to its dispatch. We consider our analysis to be consistent with the very purpose of including provisions such as Art 185. 

38. The Written Resolution having been rejected, that is the end of the matter. If the SPFL do not accept that this is the effect of its own Articles, then, in our view, court action can be commenced to seek a declarator and interdict to that effect. 

31 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

That required a lot of agreement across a lot of leagues some with 16 games left. Financially clubs are left at the door of Government funding schemes now in place.  Is that where we want to be?

That's where most clubs are now.

If the season is declared null and void, the prize money can be awarded on the basis of the final position, i.e. what the SPFL is now. The only difference is the SPFL's unjust proposal on promotion and relegation.  

Under the SPFL's proposal, the relegated clubs would be hit twice - losing the opportunity to win more money over the last quarter of the season in addition plus losing money as a result of an arbitrary relegation.

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

That's where most clubs are now.

If the season is declared null and void, the prize money can be awarded on the basis of the final position, i.e. what the SPFL is now. The only difference is the SPFL's unjust proposal on promotion and relegation.  

Under the SPFL's proposal, the relegated clubs would be hit twice - losing the opportunity to win more money over the last quarter of the season in addition plus losing money as a result of an arbitrary relegation.

So money can be dished out based on 75% of games, but relegating teams on the same basis would be "arbitrary"?

As a member-based organisation the SPFL should be taking decisions in order to minimise unfair sporting disadvantage even if that means occasionally granting unfair sporting advantage.

They should void the season in that case, and split the prize money equally amongst clubs.

I can’t keep up with this. What’s happening now? Nelms is too nice to be doing anything underhand. Bet he’s fighting the good cause. Leave him alone abody!

In a nutshell the gloating Dayglos have disappeared back to their Friockheim/Letham/Padnaram dwellings, falling out with the wives and kids and muttering about Dundee relegating them again. We have discovered that the DAB’s are in some financial difficulty and have gone to the supporters club asking for dosh. The supporters club asked for the money to be a loan and they wanted a seat on the board, at which point the petrol station guy went all Donald Trump - shouting ‘I’m the PODUFC, I’m the PODUFC.
Meanwhile our great and historic club is single handedly attempting to save the integrity of Scottish football.

Some other no marks are having a pointless discussion about legal syntax which they clearly no f**k all about.

In a nutshell the gloating Dayglos have disappeared back to their Friockheim/Letham/Padnaram dwellings, falling out with the wives and kids and muttering about Dundee relegating them again. We have discovered that the DAB’s are in some financial difficulty and have gone to the supporters club asking for dosh. The supporters club asked for the money to be a loan and they wanted a seat on the board, at which point the petrol station guy went all Donald Trump - shouting ‘I’m the PODUFC, I’m the PODUFC.
Meanwhile our great and historic club is single handedly attempting to save the integrity of Scottish football.

Some other no marks are having a pointless discussion about legal syntax which they clearly no f**k all about.
Haha. Deluded c unt