Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Seems to be a distinct lack of gloating Dayglos all of a sudden. Perhaps you’ve spaffed your jizz a little prematurely lads.

I like the fact we are defending the integrity of Scottish football and I fucking love the fact we are doing everything in our power to keep the DABs doon [emoji4]
Yeah mate, thats whats happening here..

39 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I genuinely think Dundee may wait until the end of the 28 days lol

The Dundee United champagne goes back into the fridge for another evening 

To fucking late for that Granny Danger fucked the neck of the bottle when trying to sword the cork last night...………….

2 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

You misunderstand my point (I may have misunderstood yours!). I mean that a No would lead to a possible new proposal tweaked to suit to get a YES vote, rather than steam rolling any No vote at the time. The SPFL would sound out a close vote (like this) to see what could be done and put a new proposal in to vote on. 

Fair enough.

The SPFL have form in stitching up a second vote to relegate us.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

All the more important to find out if and when the vote was sent and what happened to it.

The Jags' legal advice (quoted earlier) says that the SPFL have confirmed receipt on Dundee's No vote.

Presumably, the SPFL have allowed Dundee to withdraw that No vote. The SPFL also said that only No votes can changed. The Jags' lawyers say that the SPFL can't do that - Dundee's No vote was received and must stand so the resolution has failed.

If the SPFL accepts a changed Yes vote from Dundee, our Board can appeal to UEFA and all the way up to the Court of Arbitration in Sport. Or it can challenge the resolution in the civil courts. All that will probably take much longer than 28 days. The SPFL would be mad to press ahead with its ridiculous plan but nothing would surprise me.

If Thistle feel not enough information was given why did they vote? 5pm on the day was a preferred timescale not a given. Are they blaming the SPFL Board because they didnt cover all options? 

This would only make sense if they voted in favour. They voted against a proposal which they didn't think was robust.

3 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Fair enough.

If the SPFL accepts a changed Yes vote from Dundee, our Board can appeal to UEFA and all the way up to the Court of Arbitration in Sport. Or it can challenge the resolution in the civil courts. All that will probably take much longer than 28 days. The SPFL would be mad to press ahead with its ridiculous plan but nothing would surprise me.

Thinking about Scottish football right enough.

3 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

If Thistle feel not enough information was given why did they vote? 5pm on the day was a preferred timescale not a given. Are they blaming the SPFL Board because they didnt cover all options? 

Because they had agreed with ICT and Dundee to vote together and kill the resolution. We were always going to vote against another plot to relegate us unjustly.

Our Board is saying that the other clubs did not have enough to consider the other options that the SPFL could and should have offered.

29 minutes ago, Snafu said:

As Scot described ''we are not on our knees, but we have one knee down, if we voted yes, would have received £330,000 for being in second place'' '' This was not an easy decision as we have one knee down, we voted out of principle that we could not relegate another club''.

''We only wanted one thing to happen , to dIstribute the money to the clubs that are obviously in real trouble as are businesses all over the UK''

But then your guessing holds more weight than the words of a football club's CE.

I'm not going to start claiming that the 7 clubs who said yes are all about self interest all the clubs will have different perfectly valid reasons which way they voted, as we do. Even if the vote goes against the no we will have had the best interests of the clubs at heart not self interest. Was this not one of the core values of why the SPFL was formed, all the members looking out for each other, seems a long time ago now?

Don't pretend to be so bloody naive.

I actually think my guessing or that of anyone on here holds more weight than the words of that particular, gormless twit of a CE.

Just now, Bishop Briggs said:

Because they had agreed with ICT and Dundee to vote together and kill the resolution. We were always going to vote against another plot to relegate us unjustly.

Our Board is saying that the other clubs did not have enough to consider the other options that the SPFL could and should have offered.

I think their claim disappears in to a world of pain around valid proposals. As others have pointed out the SPFL Board consists of people form the clubs. It isnt some invisible group. The argument would be that the proposal was the best option in the current status quo. Aye it wiz naw it wisnae is a bit late now. If clubs see other options available now what were they doing last week?  Competence is required from both sides  

3 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Not allowing the SPFL to relegate us with a quarter of the season left.

Your club has behaved appallingly. 

They really, really haven't. 

9 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

But surely it’s up to all the clubs to garner all the information they feel they require before voting. If they haven’t that’s their own fault.

Just now, Bishop Briggs said:

So did your club vote No as agreed with, and copied to,  PTFC and ICT?

Did your club ask for that vote to be considered as not cast?

If so, how would you describe such behaviour? 

Why did your club create a group chat for clubs that were voting no?

Sneaky b*****ds deserve all you get IMO.