Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 minute ago, Speroni*1 said:

Brilliant post, except it's Tuesday ya daft c**t.

ETA: Appears I'm the daft c**t. Misread :lol:

Yes Speroni*1. It is indeed you who is the daft c**t.

In fairness, I think that means it's now your turn to be Chairman of Dundee.

2 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

If anyone wants to work through the actual legal advice Partick Thistle have received:

https://cdn-5dd296c4f911cc1c581d2ef3.closte.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/2020.04.14-FINAL-Joint-Opinion-PTFC.pdf

Anyone on here got a lawyers degree who can be arsed reading through that and give it to us in plain English lol. 

In saying that i've got f**k all else to do this evening so reading that should help pass the time.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Anyone on here got a lawyers degree who can be arsed reading through that and give it to us in plain English lol. 

In saying that i've got f**k all else to do this evening so reading that should help pass the time.

There's only 1 man who can do this ,he will be on soon .

4 minutes ago, Iain said:

That's not what it says. It says their view is that the vote should be considered cast at the time it was sent rather than at the time it was received.

True. I had misinterpreted that part. The SPFL has not confirmed officially when the vote was received. Surely someone should have called Dundee just after 5pm to ask if a vote had been sent. If Friday's statement was issued after the vote was received, the Board must go. 

Even so, the Jags' legal opinion also says that the vote cannot be withdrawn or changed so the resolution failed. I'm pleased that our Board is fighting this disgraceful stitch-up.

18 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Still think we're isolated and it's a waste of time?

Nelms is The Puppetmaster here. 

Still  not convinced where this gets us. Lots of talk (poor part of the statement is that they dont actually Iidentify who, even if obvious) and that's it. Money talk is easy - pick a number as we did on Friday and claim it is valid (happens in my line of work!). Beyond that, what? 

Cant understand that Dundee statement at all.

They claim theyve been talking to the SPFL board about reconstruction, and that's why it's taking so long for them to vote.

The SPFL board have zero power over reconstruction of the top flight.

11 minutes ago, rb123! said:

The Thistle statement is a pretty good summary in plain English of what the lawyers are saying.

On the Dundee Rejection vote specifically they're saying: "you sent a No vote shortly before 5pm. That had effect as soon as you sent it not when the SPFL received it. That means 3 Championship votes against, the resolution officially defeated. What Dundee did or did not send you at 6pm therefore doesn't matter. Nae points, p***k"

Edited by Ad Lib

16 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Are they really?  Is it in the best interests of Scottish football to delay payment to clubs who might need the money now, rather than in a month or two? And these clubs aren't being greedy. Many of them lead a hand to mouth existence.

That's already established to have been untrue. The SPFL can release the money in the form of a "loan" without establishing how the season will end.

26 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

But, but, but a ‘source close to John’ said we’d changed our mind and were voting Yes today according to the Record 😂

Thank f**k Dundee FC are looking out for the best interests of Scottish football unlike the greedy c***s voting Yes. Well done my club 👏

Are you aware Dundee haven't actually voted yet?

Whilst I am quite enjoying the absolute trolling masterclass from Dens and the hilarity that is the anger of the Sevconians I can't help but think the whole shambolic exercise just entirely encompasses everything thats wrong with Scottish football administration. Amateur hour from top to bottom. 

2 minutes ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Whilst I am quite enjoying the absolute trolling masterclass from Dens and the hilarity that is the anger of the Sevconians I can't help but think the whole shambolic exercise just entirely encompasses everything thats wrong with Scottish football administration. Amateur hour from top to bottom. 

And your being kind .Time to get rid of the fuckin whole lot of them .

7 minutes ago, Rovers2017 said:

Am I missing something, not that I support it but wasn't there something on the SPFL's conditions basically confirming a no vote could be changed, whilst a yes vote can't? 

I presume the logic goes, YES demonstrates the league is in favour and agreement.  NO means a different view and proposal is required if they decide to try again. I kind of get it.

Edited by rainbowrising

I'm obviously no legal expert so don't even know if Thistle could take legal action against the SPFL but if they did and absolutely slaughtered Doncaster and the SPFL in the process where would Scottish Football honestly go from there?

The top floor at Hampden would need to be cleared out and completely restructured.

This needs to happen regardless of any legal action IMO because this whole process just shows how flawed the people are who run Scottish football however I don't believe anything as drastic as that would happen without legal action.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

I'm obviously no legal expert so don't even know if Thistle could take legal action against the SPFL but if they did and absolutely slaughtered Doncaster and the SPFL in the process where would Scottish Football honestly go from there?

The top floor at Hampden would need to be cleared out and completely restructured.

This needs to happen regardless of any legal action IMO because this whole process just shows how flawed the people are who run Scottish football however I don't believe anything as drastic as that would happen without legal action.

The people running Scottish football are those that the clubs appoint to run Scottish football.  I’m not sure why people struggle to understand this.