Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

3 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

DUNDEE ARE BREAKING THEIR SILENCE...

Genuinely this time. Expect a statement within an hour or so. The pundit breaking this 'story' says he still doesn't know which way Dundee will vote:

It better fucking say 'No comment as of this time.'

24 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

What makes you think the SPFL have taken Counsel's opinion? Your suggestion was that you can get any opinion you want from Counsel. As a lawyer yourself I would expect you to know better than that.

And of course you get conflicting opinions. That's entirely different from suggesting that you can get any opinion you want. Again, I would expect  a lawyer to understand that distinction.

Your being rather niaive. When you engage Counsel you don’t ask him for his opinion per se. You ask him to prepare an “opinion” which would provide you with the best chance of winning your case should it come to court.  The odds on winning might be only 20%. .Rangers and  Falkirk paid for Consel’s opinion. Look where it got them.

4 minutes ago, The DA said:

Was it something I said?  Can't remember anything controversial.

Capture.PNG

I enjoy how Kane is looking into your eyes whilst telling you you're blocked and pointing in which direction you must f**k off. 

I'm away to try and get blocked too. 

1 minute ago, Dee-funked said:

It only bloody is!!! 🤣

Following a weekend of discussion and contemplation, we would like to issue the following statement.

As we made clear in our statement on Friday afternoon, it is a time for integrity and impartiality within Scottish football. Our view on that has not changed.

Over the past few days, we have entered into various positive discussions with reconstruction at the forefront of these.

Given our discussions and considering all aspects, we don’t feel we are in a position to comment further on the resolution that was put forward.

We understand that this may bring more questions than answers and we will look to give a much more substantial account of the past few days at the conclusion of this process.

Our supporters should know that we are, as always, looking out for the best interests of both Dundee Football Club and Scottish football as a whole.

36 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

What makes you think the SPFL have taken Counsel's opinion? Your suggestion was that you can get any opinion you want from Counsel. As a lawyer yourself I would expect you to know better than that.

And of course you get conflicting opinions. That's entirely different from suggesting that you can get any opinion you want. Again, I would expect  a lawyer to understand that distinction.

Well, of course there was a veneer of cynicism on my original comment. 

Edited by Iain

51 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Is that the same Steedman family that was connected with Clydebank FC?

Very much doubt it. The Steedmans ran garages rather than dispense legal advice. Their garage used to be next Cleveden Secondary in the West End of Glasgow.