Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

I think we can all agree that whilst your team winning is the best thing in football a very very close second is "bigger" teams falling flat on their face.

That's why Hearts and Partick getting relegated would be utter hilarious in the same way as Falkirk, Hibs, Rangers and yes United, all flailing about in recent years has made this decade a golden age of banter.

I'm reluctant to give that up but you really can't relegate teams before a season ends.

Promoting teams is imperfect but at least it's not putting anyone at severe detriment.

But as you've already just said, "severe detriment" is an essential, even a fairly wonderful, element of football. 

I'm happy with 14 team league with United & Caley going up as no team gets punished. Whilst the likes of Caley getting put up could be deemed as a slap in the face to Dundee & Ayr - it's not having a direct negative impact on either club and I'd rather clubs benefit unfairly than are punished unfairly. 
I'm also happy with the status quo. No promotion/no relegation proposal as I think it's much more damaging for a club like Hearts/Partick Thistle to go down due to an incomplete season than it is to deny a club going up (Unless they've been spending recklessly).
Not really a fan of the 16 team league idea and it's not going to happen. Potential for this radical idea to be the best of all but simply won't happen.

You’ve nailed it for me here. Totally agree.

If Nelms rolls over now it will just reconfirm my belief that he’s a useless c**t.

10 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

Have heard and read Funsters saying "eh'll no be back" if Nelms was to reverse Dundee's vote. If he'd just voted yes in the first place there wouldn't have been much more than a slight disappointment that the 'dabbies' are rightfully going up.

Classic Fun. Absolutely delicious twist to this saga. Thank you John Nelms for seeing sense.

Dundee United champions and Premiership bound.

Screenshot_20180822-055117_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1c6c681371576623211c625bdd8b7431.jpg

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo