Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

3 hours ago, weirdcal said:

Wow.
Absolutely wow. Nothing from it possibly being for our own position, our integrity or anything like that, it's all to stop Celtic getting the league and him moving on to rangers as a reward.
May need to stop drinking from that puddle...

Paranoia is a mental state characterised by systematic delusions.

Celtic and Rangers fans and their news teams have it in abundance.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Try as they might nobody has been able to dissuade me of the opinion that the football precedent is, if an event isn’t concluded then it is declared null and void. No points awarded, no entry to the next round and in in this case no promotions either. Marvellous emoji4.pngemoji4.pngemoji4.png

You hear that folks?  No one has been able to dissuade Fifespud.  You will all really, really have to try harder.  Or don’t.

54 minutes ago, ScottyG said:

One answer to that is the national team become full-time for a season or two. The SPFL clubs contribute to the SFA to pay  their wages. Then we'll see how good the national manager is.

Seriously, am I bring whooshed?

5 hours ago, RiG said:

Nah, that boy is deffo in the know..

Our senior Celtic source summed up by describing the Inverness Caley Thistle CEO thus: “Gardiner is a massive blue nose.”
Final point on this, our Celtic source is rock solid and we have a 100% track record in everything we have reported.

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Seriously, am I bring whooshed?

I can see Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen & co (and even United) saying, 'Aye, on you go.  I don't think we'll be needing Forrest, Christie, Jack, McKenna or Shankland this year.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Nah, that boy is deffo in the know..

Did he not have a job at Rangers and be asked to move on.....

Then had a job at Dundee and was...asked to move on

Then got a job at Hearts, forgot to order the seats and...was asked to movd on.

Only to appear at ICT. Where i have no doubt he will be asked to move on soon.

1 hour ago, bad chad said:

I'd be shocked if that would be the case - heads would have to roll if they've signed a contract that provides product without remuneration. 

I've been looking at some of my supplier contracts due to this, and there's no remote possibility that I would be able to claim money back for a product or service I've used. 

And it DOES fly - TV companies are already providing pauses and credits due to the situation, as they know that they wouldn't have a hope of winning a legal case. 

FTFY.

Remunerate - Pay

Renumerate - Renumber

Rangers are due a final payment of somewhere around a million.
I agree that the clubs would need to share the pain but that pain comes from the proposal to possibly overpay now and recover next season.
Rangers are three points away from securing 2nd place, so it's not going to apply to them anyway.

19 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
3 hours ago, The DA said:
Rangers are due a final payment of somewhere around a million.
I agree that the clubs would need to share the pain but that pain comes from the proposal to possibly overpay now and recover next season.

Rangers are three points away from securing 2nd place, so it's not going to apply to them anyway.

Good point. How many Clubs, believed to be in significant financial difficulties, are at risk of a significant overpayment if the season is played to a conclusion and they drop a lot of places?

Celtic are not going to lose the title.

Rangers are not going to finish 3rd or worse.

Motherwell might finish 4th instead of 3rd.

There's an outside chance that Livingston and/or Hibs finish in the bottom six and see a big drop.

*Maybe* Kilmarnock could end up in the bottom 2 with an horrendous run.

So we're basically saying, at most "what if Motherwell, Livingston, Hibs or Kilmarnock go bust before Christmas and their prize-money doesn't get paid back?"

If those Clubs, possibly Livingston aside, are going to the wall in the next 8 months *despite* us eventually playing the league to a conclusion, we have several orders of magnitude bigger problems than whether someone was slightly overpaid TV prize money.

Edited by Ad Lib

Talking of inaccuracies, your final sentence above  would only be accurate if the final word was changed from “didn’t” to “haven’t”. It’s an ongoing situation,  remember, maybe for as long as 28 days in total.

Very good. I am still trying to find out why this vote was taken in the 1st place. Was it to allow prize money to be paid out early ? That has gone well.

And who knew beforehand that there were 28 days to vote ? Nobody apart from the SPFL board and they decided not to pass that on.

6 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Good point. How many Clubs, believed to be in significant financial difficulties, are at risk of a significant overpayment if the season is played to a conclusion and they drop a lot of places?

Celtic are not going to lose the title.

Rangers are not going to finish 3rd or worse.

Motherwell might finish 4th instead of 3rd.

There's an outside chance that Livingston and/or Hibs finish in the bottom six and see a big drop.

*Maybe* Kilmarnock could end up in the bottom 2 with an horrendous run.

So we're basically saying, at most "what if Motherwell, Livingston, Hibs or Kilmarnock go bust before Christmas and their prize-money doesn't get paid back?"

If those Clubs, possibly Livingston aside, are going to the wall in the next 8 months *despite* us eventually playing the league to a conclusion, we have several orders of magnitude bigger problems than whether someone was slightly overpaid TV prize money.

Hibs are going to be paid for 7th place as it stands anyway, since St Johnstone have a higher points per game.

13 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Very good. I am still trying to find out why this vote was taken in the 1st place. Was it to allow prize money to be paid out early ? That has gone well.

And who knew beforehand that there were 28 days to vote ? Nobody apart from the SPFL board and they decided not to pass that on.

This is one of the many things from this shambles that is bothering me. Seen many journos and pundits slating DFC for "missing the deadline", despite everyone having 28 days to respond and the 5pm Friday deadline being a 'polite request' and not official.

This is one of the many things from this shambles that is bothering me. Seen many journos and pundits slating DFC for "missing the deadline", despite everyone having 28 days to respond and the 5pm Friday deadline being a 'polite request' and not official.
It's in the SPFL's own rules - it's not surprising that many of those running our clubs didn't know this

40 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Hibs are going to be paid for 7th place as it stands anyway, since St Johnstone have a higher points per game.

I suspect that makes my point more forcefully still? If you’re overpaying St Johnstone they’re fine. They make a mint in partnership with Perth Crematorium.

Say the distribution of money was somehow divorced then, from the idea of promotion/relegation etc.  What sort of solution to those questions would be likely to be voted through?

It's a genuine question.   What do people think would appeal to the bulk of clubs?  Would clubs gratefully switch to endorsing some sort of reconstruction, or would we still have a similar impasse?