Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

3 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Exactly

The much maligned SPFL Board is made up of reps voted on by the member clubs and includes Stewart Robertson from Rangers so in effect, Rangers , Ann Budge and others are attacking themselves. 🤪

So anyone in this country who is eligible to vote and criticises the UK or Scottish government is attacking themselves?

Just now, Parttimesupporter said:

So anyone in this country who is eligible to vote and criticises the UK or Scottish government is attacking themselves?

Do you think that is a rational comparison?

Definitely seems like there was collusion at play between the Championship clubs. Would be interesting to see how Dundee and Inverness were incentivised by Thistle for their original No vote.

[emoji15]

10 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

The leaked WhatsApp messages and what Tom English was saying seem to suggest Drysdale was the paperwork and correspondence guy (for both bits) but that on both occasions he was acting on Nelms’ latest instructions.

And that separately Nelms was in communication with SPFL officials, including Doncaster and Lawwell, between 3 and 6pm.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out what happened. Dundee were bullied or incentivised in those conversations into withdrawing their No vote, that wasn’t communicated quickly enough to Drysdale, who’d already sent it, and the SPFL senior hierarchy (possibly with Nelms’ agreement) cooked up a plan to pretend the original email never arrived.

This was probably done very clumsily, meaning Drysdale was dropped in it and is now the fall-guy.

...or Nelms has his poker face on and we see his proposal on the table following FIFA and UEFA issuing their proposal in a couple of weeks?

Edited by jagfox99

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Do you think that is a rational comparison?

Yes.  Perhaps a better comparison is a social club.  The vote for chairman is between Rab and Jimmy.  I vote for Rab but Jimmy wins.  Jimmy is the elected representative of the members of the club, but that doesn't mean I can't hold him to account if I think he is not acting in the best interests of the club.  

1 minute ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Yes.  Perhaps a better comparison is a social club.  The vote for chairman is between Rab and Jimmy.  I vote for Rab but Jimmy wins.  Jimmy is the elected representative of the members of the club, but that doesn't mean I can't hold him to account if I think he is not acting in the best interests of the club.  

They can call an EGM and remove him.

Edited by Granny Danger

2 minutes ago, oldhat said:

Why? I voted for Jimmy and I think he's been doing ok, tbh.

So the majority of clubs who the SPFL board is accountable to think they are doing a good job.

Fair enough.

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

They can call an EGM and remove him.

True.  Think we have drifted away from the point.  I was disagreeing with the statement below - do you agree with it?

"The much maligned SPFL Board is made up of reps voted on by the member clubs and includes Stewart Robertson from Rangers so in effect, Rangers , Ann Budge and others are attacking themselves. "

3 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

True.  Think we have drifted away from the point.  I was disagreeing with the statement below - do you agree with it?

"The much maligned SPFL Board is made up of reps voted on by the member clubs and includes Stewart Robertson from Rangers so in effect, Rangers , Ann Budge and others are attacking themselves. "

I think the statement is reasonable.

5 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

East Fife confirming they were one of the no voters:

'My board met twice via video conferences on Thursday and Friday to discuss and agree our stance. Although we have no issue with current league positions being declared final from a prize money perspective, the overwhelming consensus was that we could not vote in favour of a resolution that would see fellow clubs relegated without the full conclusion of the 36 game season. You will have seen that three League One & Two clubs voted against the resolution and I can confirm, to avoid any misinformation or speculation, that we were one of the three.'

https://eastfifefc.info/latest-news/792-club-statement-spfl-resolution-covid-19

Missed out “oh aye and we,ll still have two full houses against Raith voting this way “

We're changing the game, whether it's for our benefit or not. Discussions are to be had with the SPFL regarding payment prior to leagues ending. I'm sure if this unlocks the cash we'll get the same amount praise as we have had criticisms over the last few days... :rolleyes:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-hold-crisis-talks-face-21855816?2

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

What a fucking show that was.

Mind it being on in the break room. Some lass gave the "single mum" with 3 kids routine. She wanted to take them to Disney land. Other guy seemed quite decent and gave her his word he wouldn't steal. He wanted to take his sick mum on one last holiday as she was very ill.

Bitch stole the lot and he was left there half crying having to do the outro giving it the "it's the name of the game". 😂 Thing was awful in the best way.

3 minutes ago, Crawford said:

What a fucking show that was.

Mind it being on in the break room. Some lass gave the "single mum" with 3 kids routine. She wanted to take them to Disney land. Other guy seemed quite decent and gave her his word he wouldn't steal. He wanted to take his sick mum on one last holiday as she was very ill.

Bitch stole the lot and he was left there half crying having to do the outro giving it the "it's the name of the game". 😂 Thing was awful in the best way.

Aye, it's legendary, a perfect background for Nelms' great bluff. Poor wee Scot.

sad season 4 GIF

Made by the lad who runs the 'No Context DFC', which is a great Twitter account.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

9 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Missed out “oh aye and we,ll still have two full houses against Raith voting this way “

I doubt that was in their thinking. Null and void isn’t on the table and I’m sure they’re fully aware that Raith will be playing in the Championship next season, no matter how it happens.

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

...or Bells has his poker face on and we see his proposal on the table following FIFA and UEFA issuing their proposal in a couple of weeks?

Why not vote No now to achieve that?

Where’s the advantage in abstaining (whether outright or for now) as opposed to a No?