Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Uh huh, clubs can do that.

The SPFL Board cannot.

So propose a resolution for the Clubs to vote on to change the rules?

This is literally the whole point being made.

13 minutes ago, rb123! said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52262428

It gets better, from what I read of that they voted no but then changed there minds at the last minute and now want to vote yes.

An absolute f**k up of the highest proportion, heads should roll at the SPFL because of this

If it is simply the case that Dundee have changed their mind, why would heads roll at the SPFL? I have no doubt it's not as clear cut as that, but the SPFL aren't responsible for Dundee being unable to make their minds up.

These are the kind of desperate articles I want to see out of this situation. People so fed up with this shitshow that null and void behind to be touted as a viable solution. The game plan is starting to work.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-rangers-title-spat-shows-21852483
Stunning journalism as usual by Record
See below: [emoji1751]

"But while all of this chaos was going on there was still a big elephant in the room on Hampden’s sixth floor. Sitting there with two words on the tip of its trunk. Null and Void."

1 minute ago, Ad Lib said:

They'll say they're not able to until the first vote is concluded. 

They could, of course, have done this in the first place. 

Imagine watching Neil Doncaster playing poker. It'd be glorious.

Like my pal who decided to call one round then show us all his cards whilst looking into our eyes to "see our reactions". He didn't understand how moronic a tactic that was despite multiple explanations. He did understand when he lost the round.

Just now, johnnydun said:

Just now, Ad Lib said:

Good luck guys. Look forward to hearing your resolutions? The only club to try to propose one is Rangers, who made an arse of it and haven't reproposed one yet. Dundee talked about one apparently but also haven't proposed one.

Remember it's going to have to satisfy 75% of the votes in each population.

8 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well no, he's clarifying that the rules currently don't allow any other approach, something I've already posted several times, no matter how much wailing nonsense there is from certain parties.

He's not clarifying that, he's suggesting it's literally impossible to do. If the rules can be changed to allow it to happen, then it's not a "MUST" at all, is it?

14 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

How could you play this season to a finish in 10 months time? Most players are out of contact at the end of next month. 

Accept it, the season is finished. A decision has to be made on that basis.

This,the one guaranteed fact is that this season is finished.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

He's not clarifying that, he's suggesting it's literally impossible to do. If the rules can be changed to allow it to happen, then it's not a "MUST" at all, is it?

is there a rule about which rules can be changed and which rules can't be changed?

And can that rule be changed?

Just now, craigkillie said:

If it is simply the case that Dundee have changed their mind, why would heads roll at the SPFL? I have no doubt it's not as clear cut as that, but the SPFL aren't responsible for Dundee being unable to make their minds up.

Your "if" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here.

This whole thing stinks. Dundee had absolutely nothing to gain out of flip-flopping on the final day. They would be in exactly the same position now as they were then if they'd just said at the outset they were abstaining. Why go to such elaborate methods to mislead Thistle and ICT? What's in it for them.

This whole thing stinks, and the plausible explanation is they were leant-on, that the No vote was in fact sent, and that someone at the SPFL had conversations with Dundee FC to get them to pretend a vote was never cast.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

No, he's saying it's impossible for the SPFL Board to do so under the present rules. Which it is.

EDITED to add - the tweet from Alan Patullo is a selective quote, not the whole sentence.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I wonder if the "big hitter" approached any of the other no voters. Probably not worth trying it on with Rangers or Hearts. Thistle wouldn't have changed. That only really leaves Dundee and ICT. Had ICT already refused to cooperate or were Dundee asked first and caved in?

3 minutes ago, Dele said:

They'll say they're not able to until the first vote is concluded. 

They could, of course, have done this in the first place. 

They could withdraw their resolution at any time.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

No, he's saying it's impossible for the SPFL Board to do so under the present rules. Which it is.

No he's not. He's not saying it's impossible for the SPFL Board to do so, he's saying it's impossible to do so, full stop.

Anyone work in IT or just have a sound knowledge of e-mail technology (?) able to explain a situation in which this would legitimately happen through no fault of the sender or receiver?

It's suspect as hell and just raises more questions.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

No he's not. He's not saying it's impossible for the SPFL Board to do so, he's saying it's impossible to do so, full stop.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. I presume you haven't seen the full comment. This is the danger of people tweeting part quotes.