Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 minute ago, honestman54 said:

Its not our fault that youre bottom of the league despite youre multi million pound supporter.  Get real and start looking bat the bigger picture and the needs of ALL of Scottish football.

No clubs are looking at the needs of ALL Scottish football.

Every single one of them are doing what is best for Themselves........ 

Whether that be avoiding relegation, missing out on promotion, needing the cash or manipulating a better position for next season.

The only way forward is to increase every league through promotion and having no relegation.

Once the SPFL comes up with that solution will Scottish football move forward.

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

Not so sure what money has been paid out , some people on here quoting large amount has been paid  , yet today in the mail page 63 , ICT chairman states “ if we’d voted yes then we would have received £330,000 next week for being in second place “ so someone is not telling the truth !

I think every club has been paid the bottom finish amount, as far as I have understood.

I minimum amount a club should budget for.

1 minute ago, third lanark said:

I’m referring to rb123 who has posted several times including in this thread about wanting teams go bust because they have hacked him off.  You can trawl through the pages to find them if you want

Thistle would never stoop to such a level.

Yes, the Partick Thistle board should definitely ignore what’s best for the club to look after the interests of Cowdenbeath and Elgin instead.

Correct, Partick should look out for themselves.

Just as Ayr and other clubs shouldn’t really give a toss about Partick and vote for what’s best for themselves.

30 minutes ago, ecto said:

Thought at a recent election, it was said that any mark  in a single box counted

The term used is 'distinguishing mark',and that has been the case for a long time. Arguments about ticks and crosses are complete nonsense.

It really does astonish me how the fans of other clubs just don’t realise that Partick Thistle is ethically purer than them and that that’s why the universe picked the numbers Colin Weir picked.

4 minutes ago, third lanark said:

I’m referring to rb123 who has posted several times including in this thread about wanting teams go bust because they have hacked him off.  You can trawl through the pages to find them if you want

I think you might find that is one poster on here and NOT the football club.  Struth!

4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Not so sure what money has been paid out , some people on here quoting large amount has been paid  , yet today in the mail page 63 , ICT chairman states “ if we’d voted yes then we would have received £330,000 next week for being in second place “ so someone is not telling the truth !

That looks about right.

Tenth in the Championship is worth £175K.  All 10 sides will have received most of that by now.  The difference between 2nd and 10th is £300K so it looks like Partick might be due about £30K.

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Thistle would never stoop to such a level.

What Partick Thistle would come out and say they would want another club going bust? Just like Ayr United they wouldn’t.  I was referring to an Ayr United poster who was saying that not Ayr United the club

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

How would that address social distancing?

You wouldn’t.

The leagues  would start once football is given the all clear to start again. Say 10 teams in the Northern Premier, with an 18 game initial league, followed by playoffs as that are dependent on how many games/weeks are lost to Covid. 

3 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

It really does astonish me how the fans of other clubs just don’t realise that Partick Thistle is ethically purer than them and that that’s why the universe picked the numbers Colin Weir picked.

^^^^ losing it big time.

1 minute ago, third lanark said:

What Partick Thistle would come out and say they would want another club going bust? Just like Ayr United they wouldn’t.  I was referring to an Ayr United poster who was saying that not Ayr United the club

As I was referring to a Thistle poster.

2 minutes ago, third lanark said:

I'm sure the first post I saw on this thread wishing that a club went bust was by a Patrick fan.

31 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I find Ayr fans on here to mostly be pretty reasonable and realistic people, but there’s a few who are so utterly desperate for us to be relegated that it’s all they post about. A tragic small-time mentality to have.

Ever read Highlandmagyar's stuff? 

12 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Whit? You’ve just answered the question you’ve been demanding everyone else who you thought was contradicting you to answer.

As you have so clearly put it there are other ways to end the impasse other than the one we are just voting on.

We have learned today that 1) there are a lot of clubs not about to go bust without this money (Forfar Chairman and Scott the w**k) 2) for a few of the clubs it’s not that much anyway (Skyline Drifter) 3) there’s been a lot of back channeling and coercion going on that a lot of clubs feel uncomfortable about.

Given that we are never going to finish this season the 2 main points of contention appear to me to be 1) we need to divvy up the loot but should we link promotion and relegation to that divvy up - it seems to me that lots of clubs may think relegating Thistle, Hearts etc is a tad unfair but they voted to do so because they wanted a) the dosh and b) certainty of which league they’re going to be playing in next season and 2) a desire for reconstruction - again if you want reconstruction it’s far better doing that before you’ve taken the ‘jam tomorrow’ option from Lancaster and his cronies.

I strongly suspect in Dundee’s case Nelms has made a royal c**t of it all but despite that it’s still fucking hilarious to see how desperate the Dayglo Funsters are to get promoted - they are shiteing themselves about the consequences of another season of eye watering losses and Shankland getting sold emoji4.pngemoji4.pngemoji39.png

I don't think changing his name to another English town is going to fool anyone, tbqh.